Jump to content Jump to content

Could Codemasters put a system like GT Sport for breaking points into the game instead the line?

Could Codemasters put a system like GT Sport it has for breaking points into the game instead the line?

I mean the line for training and beginners and an extra function only to show a message for breaking or a point.

Or only a text that shows you that you must break or a beep like the DRS Zone Beep.
I really like it in GT Sport that you can see only a few points for braking and to drive on the ideal line.
I think the concept of the coloured line is really good for beginners, but it decreases the immersion a lot.
At some highly technical tracks with hard breaking zones or fast corners. I need some points to drive faster.
I´m playing on the PS5 and with the Dual Sense. I´m not playing anymore with a wheel, because of an accident with my right wrist. My right arm is tired to fast.

If you play on a 4k Tv 8 feet away on a chair it is more difficult to look for the ideal breaking points on that high speeds. I´m a more average, but experienced driver. I´m playing racing games for nearly 20 years 😉

This would be nice to implement a function like this. I need no other assists.

Edited by MadEvilBeavis76
  • Agree 3

Never understand why people need a line or braking marker's . Isn't the whole point of it to be  a challenge and practice the tracks, learn your breaking points and when you complete a race you feel achievement rather than having some arcadey line or marker's telling you were to break . Were is the challenge in that? Maybe it's just me having never used them in any game also don't touch restarts or flashbacks, if I mess up , crash then just do better next race . 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 7

I´m not a real sim driver. I´m not playing racing games around the clock. It would be a nice implementation to increase the immersion for more average players like me. I´ve problems with my mind since an bigger illness and the learning curve is much harder for me. In the past I drove without those lines. 

In german we say barrierefreiheit 

• Agree 3

I ain't no sim driver either I'm on controller on games like pc2 and asseto Corsa comp so yes I'm just casual player to . But you still get much better achievement and you would actually go faster if you learned your own braking points and lines . Plus it looks lot better than some bright line all over your screen  . But if you need them fair play but a few hours practice you would be faster without them ....

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Naxlr said:

I ain't no sim driver either I'm on controller on games like pc2 and asseto Corsa comp so yes I'm just casual player to . But you still get much better achievement and you would actually go faster if you learned your own braking points and lines . Plus it looks lot better than some bright line all over your screen  . But if you need them fair play but a few hours practice you would be faster without them ....

It’s all about accessibility.

Some people may need to play with various assists on. I play both the F1 games and GT Sport, and I agree with what the OP is saying here.

I play with the racing line on on the F1 games, solely because I need assistance with picking my braking point. If Codies could implement a system similar to GT Sport with an on-screen prompt (or the cones at the braking point and ideal apex, which is what I use) this would aid the immersion/realism as while I would love to play without the racing line, it’s not possible for me.

• Agree 2

Why isn't it possible tho that's what I don't understand? I'm not hating or anything but why do you say it isn't possible ? Because it tough ? That doesn't mean it not possible just means requires you to improve . Example me on ride 4had to learn nordschlife track on a fast motorbike in the dark for a endurance race ... Tough really tough but wasn't not possible just had to practice and get better . 

• Disagree 1
11 minutes ago, Naxlr said:

Why isn't it possible tho that's what I don't understand? I'm not hating or anything but why do you say it isn't possible ? Because it tough ? That doesn't mean it not possible just means requires you to improve . Example me on ride 4had to learn nordschlife track on a fast motorbike in the dark for a endurance race ... Tough really tough but wasn't not possible just had to practice and get better . 

It’s not possible because I’m Autistic and don’t have the brain processing capability to think about everything at once, hence why I need assistance with picking my braking point.

This is why you shouldn’t make generalised statements like “never understand why people need a line or braking markers”.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Hey, mate! If I'm not mistaken you can tweak the racing line to show up only on braking zones and turns so that will probably get you covered.

I vaguely remember the racing line and braking marks on GT Sport. Always found the one from Codemasters prettier and less intrusive.

Regarding the racing line, that's one assist I do not view as taking away from a driver's ability, depending on how you use it. You could still use the circuit for braking marks and references. In the end the line becomes just that, another visual reference for braking that you'll probably not take it as is - braking later, putting the car closer to the kerbs, accelerating later after full rotation and so on.

It's just that, a visual reference. And it does not interfere with your driving at all like all other assists. Braking assist, ABS, TC - they will all actively correct the user's input. The racing line is as passive as they come.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, marioho said:

Hey, mate! If I'm not mistaken you can tweak the racing line to show up only on braking zones and turns so that will probably get you covered.

^This. The option is called corners only I think.

• Agree 1
12 minutes ago, marioho said:

6 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Forgot about that, you can make it 2D as well so it's less intrusive on your screen. 

• Agree 1
2 hours ago, Naxlr said:

Never understand why people need a line or braking marker's . Isn't the whole point of it to be  a challenge and practice the tracks, learn your breaking points and when you complete a race you feel achievement rather than having some arcadey line or marker's telling you were to break . Were is the challenge in that? Maybe it's just me having never used them in any game also don't touch restarts or flashbacks, if I mess up , crash then just do better next race . 

Because I'm visually impaired, the line helps me keep track where the braking points are while trying to focus on my surroundings.

• Agree 1
3 hours ago, Naxlr said:

Some people have jobs, families or better things to do than practice, practice and get better. Formula 1 is very a time consuming game. If I was a person that can't empathise I wouldn't understand where people get the time to get so good at this game. I guess I probably would even not understand how you could feel achievement from something you know is just virtual. If practice does not get you into real life formula 1, why even bother with it? I probably feel as much achievement as you do at the end of the race because who cares the racing line was on? Non of the people in the stands are real. Nobody's watching. Why so much effort is what I would say.

But I'm not that person 😉

• Agree 3

If you cha ge the colourblind mode setting to the option furthest to the right (no idea what its called) the green part of the line turns white and blends into the tracks. Leaving the red part visible as a braking point marker. 

Not quite a braking point only marker but less intrusive than the green slugs.Screenshot_20210718-175818_Twitch.thumb.jpg.6c1bf6369f20b5dce1db15d2cf804915.jpg

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
6 hours ago, MadEvilBeavis76 said:

put a system like GT Sport it has for breaking points into the game

This function has been in the game for quite a while, even with colored 3D standups if you only set it so in the game menu:

ezgif.com-optimize-16.gif

• Agree 1
Posted (edited)

@TFIBEBISE16 and Schneehase

Sorry for my late post. I´ve watched the race.

Thank you for your answers. I will test it now. It is a very good option with the gray line. Yes that is it 😉

No, I´m using only the line for corners, but it is enough to break the immersion to much.

You must be a you tuber to spend so much time in the game to become this good. I´m reading mostly ai on 100 or 110. Unbeleavable for me. 70, 75 and sometises 80 in F1 2020, but in this game the ai is a lot faster. It is more challenging and I made more mistakes. But I think it is better.

3 minutes ago, MadEvilBeavis76 said:

You must be a you tuber to spend so much time in the game to become this good. I´m reading mostly ai on 100 or 110. Unbeleavable

Unbelievable indeed. I'm certain it's not true! The F1 games have a huge range of assists and AI levels to cater to the huge range of player abilities, which in significant part relate to total time spent playing the games.

I think the OP was referring to something that could help without being too intrusive (like the racing line, even if set to "only corners).

It would help people and also a lot of content creators who are casual F1 gamers. The racing line takes away the immersion and it can be disturbing.

I've never used assists but I was more than happy to use the cones in GT Sports cause I had no interest in spending time to learn fictional and reverse tracks cause I thought that they didn't give me any driving knowledge or real life racing/F1 knowledge.

Posted (edited)

The strange thing is if you go online and spend time in a lobby, you found mostly very poor and dirty drivers. They can absoloutely not drive. I think that is not the truth that so much F1 Game users are this experienced to drive that fast. I´m playing racing games since Formula One Grand Prix of Geoff Crammond and Indycar Racing of Sierra Dynamics. This is a long time ago. cough , Hust 🙂

But it is the same in other genres. Dark Souls you must spend your whole life into this game. I will not do it and I cannot do it.

Sorry for my grammar, this is not my native language.

• Like 1

I used the racing line for years, up until F1 2018.  But I decided to practice with the line off in F1 2019 in time trial, going around various tracks for 100’s of laps.  It took a while but it paid off and all racing games have become a lot better for me now that I don’t need the racing line.  

The cones were great, they brought some help while not rendering the track Vision and when kicked out it was like any other plaque. It would be a great addition for more assist granularity

7 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

The problem is that it also shows corners were you dont have to brake and then it just shows you the line wich is irritating. I totally agree that they should add an option like gt sport. Were there is only shown a little braking warning in the bottom of the screen.