Jump to content Jump to content

Jeff radio message get's stuck after telling something engine related

• A detailed description of the issue:

Whenever Jeff tells me something about a problem that my engine might have after that he does not talk to me anymore and I can't talk to him neither. At the Spanish GP i got an ERS problem and he told me about that, however the message got stuck and he never told me anything else, even after my DRS got stuck he did not tell me neither, which I think we was supposed to alert. The message gets stuck in the bottom of the screen till we reach the team HQ again.

Edit: Seems that the message getting stuck prevents the retiring and you can't see any notifications such as the safety car being deployed, the safety car entering the pit lane or receiving warning or penalties.

• Report Code:

REEV-DAHD-PVGP-MMMG

• Platform:

Steam/PC

• Game-mode:

This only happened to me in the two player career mode, however in MyTeam when Jeff told me the same thing it did not get stuck.

Edit: Ok, it does happen during MyTeam and MyCareer too as I already exprienced it.

• [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here:

Two player career mode with ✪ Jok3r ✪ (steam username)

• [ONLINE] Were you the host?

Yes.

• What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.

Could not really try anything as I'm in the middle of the race, tried to use the radio button but nothing happened and pause the game but the message was still stuck there.

• Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. 

Sadly not, don't have anyway to do it.

• How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.

So the engine needs to get to a state where Jeff tells you that the engine as a serious problem and we may need to retire because of it.

That's after he already say that we have loss of power or some component has some wear.

And that's just it, no more I can do to make the problem happen

Edited by Tomasslb24
2 hours ago, Tomasslb24 said:
  • A detailed description of the issue:

Whenever Jeff tells me something about a problem that my engine might have after that he does not talk to me anymore and I can't talk to him neither. At the Spanish GP i got an ERS problem and he told me about that, however the message got stuck and he never told me anything else, even after my DRS got stuck he did not tell me neither, which I think we was supposed to alert. The message gets stuck in the bottom of the screen till we reach the team HQ again.

• Report Code:

REEV-DAHD-PVGP-MMMG

• Platform:

Steam/PC

• Game-mode:

This only happened to me in the two player career mode, however in MyTeam when Jeff told me the same thing it did not get stuck.

• [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here:

Two player career mode with ✪ Jok3r ✪ (steam username)

• [ONLINE] Were you the host?

Yes.

• What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.

Could not really try anything as I'm in the middle of the race, tried to use the radio button but nothing happened and pause the game but the message was still stuck there.

• Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. 

Sadly not, don't have anyway to do it.

• How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.

So the engine needs to get to a state where Jeff tells you that the engine as a serious problem and we may need to retire because of it.

That's after he already say that we have loss of power or some component has some wear.

And that's just it, no more I can do to make the problem happen

That's happened me As well

The exact same thing happens for me but on Xbox one.  It happens during 1 player and 2 player career mode. Once he notifies me of the ers issue the subtitles at the bottom will pop up the rest of the race repeating the issue but he won’t talk on the radio and I can’t bring up the radio menu anymore. 

1 hour ago, Ad716 said:

The exact same thing happens for me but on Xbox one.  It happens during 1 player and 2 player career mode. Once he notifies me of the ers issue the subtitles at the bottom will pop up the rest of the race repeating the issue but he won’t talk on the radio and I can’t bring up the radio menu anymore. 

Nice to know that other platforms has this issue, maybe gets a little bit more attention

Happens to me as well.  During a My Team race, whenever there is a mechanical issue Jeff will initially tell me that "there is an issue".  Then a few moments later he will elaborate and say it is engine related.  After that, nothing, the button prompt for radio calls never comes back and Jeff will not say anything until the end of the race or until the failure causes you to DNF. I can't use the radio after this happens, probably because the message is stuck on screen.  I don't use subtitles, which is why I don't see the stuck message.

13 minutes ago, BxLegendary said:

Happens to me as well.  During a My Team race, whenever there is a mechanical issue Jeff will initially tell me that "there is an issue".  Then a few moments later he will elaborate and say it is engine related.  After that, nothing, the button prompt for radio calls never comes back and Jeff will not say anything until the end of the race or until the failure causes you to DNF. I can't use the radio after this happens, probably because the message is stuck on screen.  I don't use subtitles, which is why I don't see the stuck message.

That's exactly what happens. 

• 2 weeks later...