Jump to content Jump to content

Disappointment so far.

Yes appears to be less content and higher price tag . Agree the player failures and supposedly improved ai are good . Not worth 60 pound , absolutely zero interest in the story , probably pick it up on a ps store sale when imola is available. Hopefully by then they mite have a version available without the story .....

I'm refraining judgement until my copy arrives, but it does concern me or somehow disappoints me already that there were not many further improvements on My Team and the calendar order.

Cars performance too, but I won't mind that as long as the performance patch arrives soonish.

The core experience seems to have improved a lot with the handling and physics though. With that I'm confident I'll sink as many hours as my routine enables me just like I did on previous entries.

Gotta be honest I knew that all the hype of a story mode and the sale to EA was a terrible sign of things to come. It’s crazy the lack of effort put into the core modes and to the core elements of the game imo. I’m afraid this year is gonna be a complete wash and hopefully the team is hard at work on 2022. 

• Agree 2

Yup, agreed.  The addition of Braking Point effectively "broke" the progress being made in the rest of the game modes.   To not build upon the success of My Team is a terrible decision in my opinion.  If you're not interested in Braking Point there really isn't much for you in F1 2021 as opposed to F1 2020.  It's a shame really how the 2021 game has been handled thus far.  I'm sure some will be quick to come here and offer the excuses of Covid... constant changes.. etc. etc.  None of that is true IMO.  It's not irrelevant in the grand scheme of things I get that, but the major culprit here is tied to the addition of Braking Point IMO.  It's pretty obvious that's where all the resources were put and I understand the desire to have the mode; but I think they should have focused on building upon the successful momentum of career and My team modes and keeping up with all the changes rather than adding a "luxury" little story mode that just isn't necessary IMO.  Wasn;t the right time to invest in that IMO and it's really hurt this years game overall I think.   F1 2021 is more fun to drive and play, but it just isn't enough.

• Agree 3
2 hours ago, Naxlr said:

Think 90 per cent of the player's would agree with that direction . But sadly the story seems to have been the main focus ... Big mistake imo

I think 90% is extreme. Maybe 20%.

I really enjoy it, I understand why some things are missing, there are improvements across the board. Hard to be unhappy. 

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

I would imagine/hope that CM are putting everything into F1 2022 with a new game engine and rebuild aimed at next gen consoles.

The longer they have to keep putting out the old gen version of the game the longer we are held back from any real progress. 

You can tell that they are on the back foot, please try and get ahead for next years game it really needs to be something special.

• Agree 2

But there are so many basics missing this year....

new tracks

updated tracks

aston martin safety car

Sprint race

reasonable car performance levels

They’re not even really progress as such, they are just basic requirements in my opinion to market it as F12021

• Like 3
  • Agree 4
18 minutes ago, OwnMasterMad said:

Remember they made Braking Point and still are creating 3 tracks.

So a completely fantastical story mode with questionable quality should come first over the basic features to even resemble the season the game is named after? It's is simply not good enough that the cars and track order are not even correct, that is the bare minimum. They had such a hit with MyTeam last year and they dropped the ball with trying to make F1 Eastenders. 

• Agree 1
14 minutes ago, kalamazoo123 said:

But there are so many basics missing this year....

new tracks

updated tracks

aston martin safety car

Sprint race

reasonable car performance levels

They’re not even really progress as such, they are just basic requirements in my opinion to market it as F12021

Do you know how had making new tracks is.

Using that time for the new tracks.

Probably some bugs.

Too complicated.

Will focus after new tracks and bug patches.

Edited by OwnMasterMad
11 minutes ago, OwnMasterMad said:

Do you know how had making new tracks is.

Using that time for the new tracks.

Probably some bugs.

Too complicated.

Will focus after new tracks and bug patches.

I don’t know how hard it is make new tracks no. I also don’t care. It’s supposed to be F12021 so it should have the tracks however hard that is.

To be honest the new tracks are coming so i can live with that (as long as we’re not waiting until next year) it’s the other missing 2021 features that are the real disappointment.

Not really sure what the rest of your post means.

I read that the story becomes worst with the driver change. I found Casper Akkerman is more the type of a racing driver. Or the type of racing drivers out of the past. 

They have put more time in tracks like spain, austria, hungary. On this tracks it is only a visual upgrade. A reskin. The tirebarriers of blue and white colours in austria looking not like blue and white square since 3 years ago. The second curbs are green white like on a lot of other tracks. Where is the problem to change this with a texture update. What is so much to do to change the spain layout.
The Aston Martin Car is only a reskinned Racing Point and some other cars too. When we see an actual version of spa ? And no that are not all 2020 tracks. The most layouts are much older.

At this state the game is not worth it to pay full price, but yes I bought the deluxe edition in the hope the tracks are coming in the next month, but now I read at the end of the year or early 2022. Really ?
But the shop is working is working probably and you can spend your complet money for pit coins or bad looking costumizations. I´ve looked on steeam, it is no patch in work at the moment. No package changes. 

Where is it next gen? Only the loading times are next gen and the integration of the dual sense, but nothing more. 

It is not only negative, but it is a shame that this is a full price title

The best on the upgrade is the dual sense, the update of suzuka and the recouloring. Colours are richer and more life like. But is this worth a full price? Racing Calender is totally wrong in carreer mode. 

Edited by MadEvilBeavis76
  • Agree 3
2 hours ago, TFBISE16 said:

I would imagine/hope that CM are putting everything into F1 2022 with a new game engine and rebuild aimed at next gen consoles.

The longer they have to keep putting out the old gen version of the game the longer we are held back from any real progress. 

You can tell that they are on the back foot, please try and get ahead for next years game it really needs to be something special.

THIS is something people keep saying for years. Lets hope next years is better, that CM learns from it, and so on. 

They have been on the back foot for 10 years now with that **** ego engine which STILL causes screen tearing and ********. Even on my PS5 the intro cinematics are stuttering like the game is too heavy for the console. 

oh wait the next gen are technical LIMITED according to CM ONLY, thats why there no voice command support, even with a high tech controller like the dualsense. WHY would that thing have 2 mic’s in it? Well, NOT TO BE USED FOR VOICE COMMANDS IN F1 2021 according to CM because of the technical limitations of next gen. 

There’s only 1! Dev. Who can make a statement like that to cover their own. Guess who that is???

• Agree 1

You can already see EA’s influence on My Team. Only three helmets and three car liveries availaible from the start and they are all hidious, designed by a three year old. The nice looking ones, you can only get by buying pitcoins.

• Like 4

Hate to say it but I have to agree with a lot of what’s being said in this thread.  The sheer number of bug reports posted should give people an idea of how far away this game is from being a finished product.

The only positives I can say about F1 2021 is the handling model, Dualsense integration, and the audio.  Every other aspect about the game is a long long way away from where it should be, and I’m worried that the game won’t even get to a polished enough state before being abandoned in favour of next years game. 

At this point I really wish they hadn’t bothered and instead just released a livery update for the 2020 game.  

If this is a sign of what’s to come with future entries under EA then I fully expect Codemasters to be dismembered and EA to take full control over every aspect of the games development, which probably wouldn’t be a good thing. 

• Agree 1

Here's another reason to be disappointed with this joke of a game.

I'm running a driver career, and a My Team mode.   I load the My Team mode... and it takes me to my driver career save.   I load my Driver Career mode and it loads my driver career save. 

So what the hell happened to my My Team save?   Not only have you guys reduced the save slots we have, you can't even get them working right.  What a joke!  You guys should be refunding people money at this point. 

Disappointment doesn't even begin to describe F1 2021

• Agree 1

Posting just to show solidarity with all the other folk here. Everything that's been said is true and I'm just saddened by it. Car performance is off completely, RB are not competitive at all, Aston Martin are still Racing Point when it comes to performance, way too strong. Missing tracks promised to come soon, but after launch the story changes to late 2021/early 2022, by that point we'll have played this game to death and we'll be ready for next season.

I also hoped they would lowkey bring back the 2019 driver career mode, as it was way, way more in depth than the 2020, but no, copy-paste 2020. Got rid of all classic cars instead of expanding them to 2011-2017 like the rumors said. The recent success of the 2003 season mod on F1 2020 PC just shows how successful a game it would be if they made a full classic season with the complete grid lineup, but instead they cut the cars completely (even though no work had to be done on them since this is still F1 2020, they literally only had to copy-paste them into this game as-is). Icons are no longer usable as avatars, so forget driving as Schumi with Nico as a partner, not gonna happen.

Still no livery editor for my team. Still no way to select which car part models you'd like for your My Team car (nose, halo, fin, wing, etc). Buggy as hell, random performance drops out of nowhere. Driver transfers are completely out of whack, I had 10 transfers in the middle of my season, not even at the end, and now Hamilton is racing for Alfa Romeo and Latifi for Mercedes. No way to turn that off until they patch it. Also can't edit game settings from the loading screen, you can only do so at the computer screen, and in practice if you "skip" to next session, you also skip the computer. Quick Practice is busted, the mode assumes your car is driving 100% of all three practice sessions, so 3 full hours, and by the end of it each component is up 20% is wear.

F2 2019 and F1 2020 are literally in the game, playable in Breaking Point, they could've pulled a F1 2015 and include both 2020 and 2021 seasons at once for Driver/My Team career mode to make up for the lack of content, that way not only would we have two years worth of cars, we'd also have Albon/Grosjean/Magnussen/Kvyat/Hubert/Calderon as free agents. But not, it's not in the game "because".

Honestly if you're like me and give no **** about Braking Point, there is nothing in this game worth your money. Get 2020 for My Team or 2019 for Driver Career, they're still the better games.

Edited by v12vanquish135
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 5
16 hours ago, magpieracer48 said:

I think 90% is extreme. Maybe 20%.

I really enjoy it, I understand why some things are missing, there are improvements across the board. Hard to be unhappy. 

No, it's very easy to be unhappy. So unhappy with the inexplicable stuttering that nearly caused my DD wheel to rip my wrists off that I reinstalled f1 2019 just to get my fix in. F1 2021 is virtually unplayable in its current state on PC and I was optimistically waiting for the Day 1 patch to drop...and it never did. I try to hold off on buying F1 games until the holidays to give CM a chance to navigate their signature terrible launch issues, but for some bizarre reason I was compelled to throw my support behind them this year and buy early. My mistake; I'll try not to do it again. 

I'm just tired of continuously giving Codemasters the benefit of the doubt because of what they did 12 years ago with the original Grid and Dirt games and how impressed I was with F1 2013. It's like becoming a fan of a team because they won one year and have been a flaming dumpster fire ever since.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2
2 hours ago, v12vanquish135 said:

Quick Practice is busted, the mode assumes your car is driving 100% of all three practice sessions, so 3 full hours, and by the end of it each component is up 20% is wear.

Have you reported this in the bug section? That sounds like a bit issue but I don't recall seeing it mentioned before.