Jump to content Jump to content

Disappointment so far.

21 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Have you reported this in the bug section? That sounds like a bit issue but I don't recall seeing it mentioned before.

Personally, no, but Aarava and a few other big name esports dudes have been raising the issue repetitively, and I've seen threads on the subreddit about it. But I didn't myself make a ticket for that, no. Only one I did was for crashes I keep on having, to which I still haven't gotten a solution from Codies other than "we'll look into it".

15 minutes ago, v12vanquish135 said:

Personally, no, but Aarava and a few other big name esports dudes have been raising the issue repetitively, and I've seen threads on the subreddit about it. But I didn't myself make a ticket for that, no. Only one I did was for crashes I keep on having, to which I still haven't gotten a solution from Codies other than "we'll look into it".

Hopefully Codemasters do investigate things based on reports elsewhere but I'd be tempted to log it here too just in case.

Aiden Jackson represents in no way a young formula one driver. I like Akkerman a lot more. If you look at reviews of the major gaming website, they like the story with jackson, for me it was kindergarden like. Only the few races with akkerman where better. He presents more a F1 driver and is more focused. Jackson has a lot of scepticism to it self. This can not work in a sport like F1. He is a shy boy. No F1 driver is shy. It is for a younger audience. It is the typical hollywood clichee. 

The game is totally overrated at the moment from the major review sites. In germany it is mostly a 90 percent. For what at the moment. This is a dlc for F1 2020 not more and they cut off the classic stuff.
The dlc with former world champions for the deluxe edition is a joke. I must play two or more seasons to buy one of this drivers as a team mate. Why we cannot play one of this former world champions in the grand prix mode. I can´t found. Why are no cars of the racing periods of this drivers in the game. It makes absoloutely no sense. The price for the deluxeupdate is a joke at the moment.

Sorry I´m not a troll and I really like the F1 series especially F1 2012 and 2013 in the past and makes a lot of texturemods for the tracks fr F1 2014, but this is really only an updated version that costs maximum 49 Dollars or 39 Euros. That is my decision.

It is really an understatement for the sport at the moment.

Edited by MadEvilBeavis76
  • Agree 4
41 minutes ago, MadEvilBeavis76 said:

Jackson has a lot of scepticism to it self. This can not work in a sport like F1. He is a shy boy. No F1 driver is shy. It is for a younger audience. It is the typical hollywood clichee. 

Did not play Braking Point yet but I do not think you're on the right track here, mate.

Just look at Norris' first seasons at F1. Even when goofing around he exhaled shyness, like in the golden "do you have pubes?" exchange with Ricciardo in 2019.

Latifi is awkwardly reserved too, in my opinion. Albon "oh they race me so hard" could not rev his engine high if he had cracks in his confidence on a given day. Stroll is quite reserved too and the same goes to Vettel.

Again, did not play Braking Point. But Norris, Russell, Mick Schumacher, Tsunoda... These guys are from a younger generation and it shows. More than that though, there is you always have divas and reserved personalities in the grid all the time.

No it is no comparison to this character trust me. Latifi, is for me not a real F1 driver. It is like Maldonado in the past. He brings a lot of money in the team, but he was never a F1 driver without the money. Stroll is getting better and better. I think they were more introvert in german we say introvertiert but not shy. Vettel is not really shy. Lando Norris is getting big steps. I relly like this guy. 

Edited by MadEvilBeavis76
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, MadEvilBeavis76 said:

No it is no comparison to this character trust me. Latifi, is for me not a real F1 driver. It is like Maldonado in the past. He brings a lot of money in the team, but he was never a F1 driver without the money. Stroll is getting better and better. I think they were more introvert in german we say introvertiert but not shy. Vettel is not really shy. Lando Norris is getting big steps. I relly like this guy. 

I agree with you that Latifi is not a great driver, he won a few races at the feeder series (Formula 2) but was never as dominant as Russell or Leclerc.
Stroll on the other hand was formula 4 and formula 3 champion, he has talent.

• Agree 1

I’m mixed with the game. Braking point is a waste of disk space. The development process and the options around them is great. Damage is definitely in the right direction. It is early days so like every year I tell my self to wait to get the game a month or two later to let the worst bugs get squashed but then buy it anyway.

The lack of nice liveries, helmets, race suits, etc. is shocking. The victory calls are…. And I see the ones buyable with pit coins continue to be a disappointment. But even with the way I drive (full assists) I can tell the driving model and curbs are better than before.

Lacking for me is the ability to switch off rain in solo career modes and the option to change the order of the tracks. Not sure why the order of the tracks is an issue.

There are other things like no female personnel in my race garage (at least so far) lack of fictional F2 drivers after year 2 to promote diversity and more personalization of my team (specifically team wear) I would have liked to see added. 

But I won’t call it a disappointment just yet. I leave judgement on the F1 games till September. 

In the similar boat was intent on buying it in big sale but the seemingly improved ai ie agression / mistakes and floor damage etc and ability to slow my team progress down is tempting me . But that story mode is really putting me off especially as I'll be getting it digitally so it going to add hours on to download time and game size for something I'll never touch ......

3 minutes ago, Naxlr said:

But that story mode is really putting me off especially as I'll be getting it digitally so it going to add hours on to download time and game size for something I'll never touch ......

I'm not sure this is too significant. I don't know about other platforms but on PS5 the full game is currently 64 GB, compared to 59 GB for F1 2020. 

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, Aef251 said:

I’m mixed with the game. Braking point is a waste of disk space. The development process and the options around them is great. Damage is definitely in the right direction. It is early days so like every year I tell my self to wait to get the game a month or two later to let the worst bugs get squashed but then buy it anyway.

The lack of nice liveries, helmets, race suits, etc. is shocking. The victory calls are…. And I see the ones buyable with pit coins continue to be a disappointment. But even with the way I drive (full assists) I can tell the driving model and curbs are better than before.

Lacking for me is the ability to switch off rain in solo career modes and the option to change the order of the tracks. Not sure why the order of the tracks is an issue.

There are other things like no female personnel in my race garage (at least so far) lack of fictional F2 drivers after year 2 to promote diversity and more personalization of my team (specifically team wear) I would have liked to see added. 

But I won’t call it a disappointment just yet. I leave judgement on the F1 games till September. 

I would say about track order is because of licensing. But from season 2 onwards it could be allowed. I think its more about not being authorized to do than being able to do tbh

9 hours ago, R9NALD09 said:

Really getting annoyed with Codemasters' "we know better" attitude.  TV graphics have been a massive request for years now, and even though they've added some graphics and the official fonts what we have is hardly a representation of what we see on TV.  The lack of attention to detail is laughable...they don't even use the yellow color for a slower than your best sector time...but red.  We have a delta box comparing your lap times to your best lap time...why?  When I'm doing qualifying my concern is pole lap time or the danger zone time...not my own best?  Hell I don't even know who is heading for pole until I exit to my garage to view the time sheet or the session ends.

Doubt I'll ever buy their games at launch unless it has been confirmed we get that season's car performance, tracks etc. at launch.

They are so out of it that they try to compensate for the difference in machinery in their driver ratings.  If not, explain to me why a guy like Alonso has low racecraft and pace...it is to mimic realistic times based on his ratings and not a combination of his ratings and the machinery performance.  Even their ratings are a complete joke...why not make it so that we can change the ratings in an edit mode or so, at least we'll be able to fix it.  They also need more ratings i.e. wet driving etc.

I wanted to specifically talk about this section from your post, however the rest is spot on too IMO.

Re: TV presentation; it's getting closer and closer.  I too hope they continue to push to make it as realistic to the broadcasts as possible.   However; that being said EA is historically not one to replicate real broadcast visuals.  Instead they like to put their own branded take on TV presentation.  Just take a look at Madden NFL for example.  For years fans have asked for real FOX, or CBS, or NBC broadcasts and integration; yet year after year they roll out their own commentary team and graphics overlays and tv presentation style.  I think it's done well overall; but it's still fictional.  I'd be concerned here that rather than going more towards REAL; EA will direct it more towards an EA Sports style F1 broadcast.  Now, the difference here though if I'm not mistaken is that that TV graphics package used in F1 broadcasts belongs to F1 & not a tv network.  Not sure if that's accurate or not, but that may be the saving grace here if the goal is to have real style TV graphics/presentation.

As for car/driver ratings; I'm with you on this.  It's curious at best.  I thought the same thing when I saw the ratings come out.  George Russel is a good example IMO.   He's way under rated as far as driver ratings go and on the surface it looks as if that was done so he wouldn't be too competitive in a sub-par car; yet we all know on Sundays he's putting that Williams into Q3.  Race pace they still struggle though of course.  IT just seems as if the drivers ratings though are knocked down in a way to be more in line with the team/car performance.  I too agree that the ability to edit drivers ratings is needed.  I'd even like the ability to edit the full driver roster within the career modes which includes driver transfers, but that's another issue for another day.

I don't like to be overly negative because on track I think the game is better than last years on most fronts.  However I hope all this negativity helps the team at Codies realize that their core fan base isn't thrilled with the direction F1 2021 took.  I doubt that will happen because lets be honest, Braking Point or something similar likely isn't going away now so it's constantly going to take up development time and resources to be re-done every year I'd assume.  However I hope they take a step back and realize that we're not happy with the direction and the neglect to their career modes and many of the other things that factor into the core experience of the game which is racing as our own driver, and own teams not playing a scripted story.

• Agree 1

Braking point is hugely disappointing really. If that’s where they put all their efforts in, then they didn’t do much in a years’ time. Sure, I understand corona limited their resources, but the story in braking point is as cheesy as it can be and everything else in the game is exactly as 2020. I only like the handling of the cars. For a next gen game I expected the cutscenes from braking point to be the reference for actual gameplay. Let’s hope a new engine makes that possible for the 2022 game.

• Agree 1
15 hours ago, petro1319 said:

I wanted to specifically talk about this section from your post, however the rest is spot on too IMO.

Re: TV presentation; it's getting closer and closer.  I too hope they continue to push to make it as realistic to the broadcasts as possible.   However; that being said EA is historically not one to replicate real broadcast visuals.  Instead they like to put their own branded take on TV presentation.  Just take a look at Madden NFL for example.  For years fans have asked for real FOX, or CBS, or NBC broadcasts and integration; yet year after year they roll out their own commentary team and graphics overlays and tv presentation style.  I think it's done well overall; but it's still fictional.  I'd be concerned here that rather than going more towards REAL; EA will direct it more towards an EA Sports style F1 broadcast.  Now, the difference here though if I'm not mistaken is that that TV graphics package used in F1 broadcasts belongs to F1 & not a tv network.  Not sure if that's accurate or not, but that may be the saving grace here if the goal is to have real style TV graphics/presentation.

As for car/driver ratings; I'm with you on this.  It's curious at best.  I thought the same thing when I saw the ratings come out.  George Russel is a good example IMO.   He's way under rated as far as driver ratings go and on the surface it looks as if that was done so he wouldn't be too competitive in a sub-par car; yet we all know on Sundays he's putting that Williams into Q3.  Race pace they still struggle though of course.  IT just seems as if the drivers ratings though are knocked down in a way to be more in line with the team/car performance.  I too agree that the ability to edit drivers ratings is needed.  I'd even like the ability to edit the full driver roster within the career modes which includes driver transfers, but that's another issue for another day.

I don't like to be overly negative because on track I think the game is better than last years on most fronts.  However I hope all this negativity helps the team at Codies realize that their core fan base isn't thrilled with the direction F1 2021 took.  I doubt that will happen because lets be honest, Braking Point or something similar likely isn't going away now so it's constantly going to take up development time and resources to be re-done every year I'd assume.  However I hope they take a step back and realize that we're not happy with the direction and the neglect to their career modes and many of the other things that factor into the core experience of the game which is racing as our own driver, and own teams not playing a scripted story.

Agree that Braking Point won't go away, mainly imo because it is a very easy selling point.  "Continue the story of Aiden Jackson at Ferrari" blah blah...another 4 odd hours with little to no replay value.  Even if they add more replay value I'll much rather create my own story than someone else's story.  Hence why I said from the start their focus should be making the career modes way more immersive instead of putting all their resources in one mode like they did with this years game.

EA gives me hope with the TV graphics package.  In FIFA they have different TV graphic packages for the EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga etc.  and it is such an easy selling point, yet Codemasters haven't caught on...just don't get it.

Also agree on the ratings, you simply just can't distinguish between drivers with 4 ratings...they should break it down into many more such as qualifying pace, race pace, race management, wet pace, aggression, overtaking, defending etc.

On 7/19/2021 at 7:14 AM, AceMc0 said:

No, it's very easy to be unhappy. So unhappy with the inexplicable stuttering that nearly caused my DD wheel to rip my wrists off that I reinstalled f1 2019 just to get my fix in. F1 2021 is virtually unplayable in its current state on PC and I was optimistically waiting for the Day 1 patch to drop...and it never did. I try to hold off on buying F1 games until the holidays to give CM a chance to navigate their signature terrible launch issues, but for some bizarre reason I was compelled to throw my support behind them this year and buy early. My mistake; I'll try not to do it again. 

I'm just tired of continuously giving Codemasters the benefit of the doubt because of what they did 12 years ago with the original Grid and Dirt games and how impressed I was with F1 2013. It's like becoming a fan of a team because they won one year and have been a flaming dumpster fire ever since.

Oh no, your DD wheel didn't work right out of the box, my heart bleeds. 

There's a couple of minor niggles but to say it's unplayable is just totally incorrect. 

• Disagree 2
On 7/20/2021 at 2:57 AM, magpieracer48 said:

There's a couple of minor niggles but to say it's unplayable is just totally incorrect. 

Actually, the wheel works splendidly out of the box, especially compared to the previous years. The unplayable part is that the game stutters and freezes every 1-3 seconds, no matter what graphical solutions I try. Of the plethora of issues and QoL reversions and omissions that I'm willing to overlook and work around, that's the one that makes the game unplayable for me, for obvious reasons, including the side note that yes, I have a DD wheel that can and will injure me if it reacts wrongly to a hang up. 

No, may your heart bleed for the actual issue and not try to cherry pick my words. May your heart bleed for the deluge of posts on the bugs and troubleshooting forum that are indicative of what a sloppy mess this game is right now. May your heart bleed for the sheer lapse in judgment for CM being strangled by EA to include yet another unwanted story mode into one of their sports games at the expense of the rest of the game--the parts that the longtime players care about. Ever play Fifa? Madden? Because F1 has quickly become Madden, unwanted story mode, neglected franchise mode and inexplicable gameplay bugs et al. May your heart bleed for that.

Edited by AceMc0
On 7/20/2021 at 7:57 PM, magpieracer48 said:

There's a bug at the start of EVERY grand prix one lap quali that could genuinely break someones wrists if they had a strong enough wheel. It can be avoided if you know how (restart the session through the pause menu before all 5 red lights are out and the game gives you control), but people aren't exagerating. It's the sort of thing that I can definitely see putting someone off the game entirely if it's going to put themselves/hardware at risk because of bugs.

Edited by NinjaElmo
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

To be honest, I have to agree to the above. Compared to last edition, which was very good from the beginning, I hardly have the time to peek overhere because of the stream of bugs being reported. (have to admit that most of our time is lost by telling posters to use the proper template, include the necessary files instead of organising the bugs being reported). I do hope they get there act together soon.

• Like 4
8 hours ago, 1512marcel said:

To be honest, I have to agree to the above. Compared to last edition, which was very good from the beginning, I hardly have the time to peek overhere because of the stream of bugs being reported. (have to admit that most of our time is lost by telling posters to use the proper template, include the necessary files instead of organising the bugs being reported). I do hope they get there act together soon.

Agreed. I can’t imagine it being much fun being an administrator especially with the sheer numbers of issues being reported at the moment. 

It’s a shame as underneath it all there’s a good game, there’s just far too many bugs and issues holding it back.  

I certainly don’t point any blame at the developers themselves and the team of people that are no doubt working non-stop to try and fix the issues.  I think clearly the release date was far too early and over ambitious given the challenges faced over the last year or so.  In fact I was really surprised that the game was coming out as early as July when it was announced. I definitely think they could have done with another month or 2 to have the game in a much better state for release. 

• Agree 3

There was a time when they released the titles always in September which is a better time frame I think as the season and the car performance is settled in. 

• Agree 1
10 hours ago, stephensmattlee said:

It’s a shame as underneath it all there’s a good game, there’s just far too many bugs and issues holding it back.  

I certainly don’t point any blame at the developers themselves and the team of people that are no doubt working non-stop to try and fix the issues.  I think clearly the release date was far too early and over ambitious given the challenges faced over the last year or so.  In fact I was really surprised that the game was coming out as early as July when it was announced. I definitely think they could have done with another month or 2 to have the game in a much better state for release. 

It really is, because this game really is begging to be good, and I'm dying to play it. The July release reeks of EA influence because guess what: August/September may be F1's typical launch window, but it's also FIFA and Madden's launch window. I don't think EA wants their new property competing with their flagship franchises. 

Maybe when NCAA Football comes back next year, they'll push F1's release back to late September/October...or they could push it forward to June and we'll be in for a world more of pain. 😆

1 minute ago, AceMc0 said:

The July release reeks of EA influence because guess what: August/September may be F1's typical launch window, but it's also FIFA and Madden's launch window.

Last year's game came out in July too...

2 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

Last year's game came out in July too...

Ah, I missed last year's game. Really wishing now that I hadn't. I might double back and pick it up just to tie me over til 2021 is patched up. 

Edited by AceMc0