Jump to content Jump to content

Any idea when a performance patch is coming out?

Last year we waited for months, which was because the season got delayed due to covid. 

But this season is well underway, and the car performance is just completely wrong so far.

First off the cars are way faster than in real life, and the teams seem to be based on their performance of last year?

• Agree 2

It really should have been done before release, patch must be ready by now even if they couldn’t get it onto the discs.

It’s clear to everyone that plays it for 5 mins that the performance in game is actually nothing like the real performance this year

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

I expect Codemasters will be prioritising bug fixes right now. I certainly hope they are.

Though there really weren't as many bug this year isn't it? I myself have put quite many hours in MyTeam since the early release and still haven't encounter a single bug, like for real. I think the game is actually quite polished this time.

• Confused 1
16 minutes ago, DRTApophis said:

Though there really weren't as many bug this year isn't it? I myself have put quite many hours in MyTeam since the early release and still haven't encounter a single bug, like for real. I think the game is actually quite polished this time.

I think there are some pretty major graphical bugs across all platforms and at least yesterday there seemed to be big multiplayer issues. I think wheel support issues for some are game breaking. Lapped cars not being ghosted in multiplayer is a big issue too actually. I'm probably missing other issues important to some.

Beyond this I this we're in a similar state to last year I think.

To clarify, by 'graphical bugs' I meant the overall image quality not being where it should be, not the occasional glitch. If Digital Foundry post a video on the current performance I don't think it would be at all positive!

Edited by Ultra3142
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Ultra3142 said:

I think there are some pretty major graphical bugs across all platforms and at least yesterday there seemed to be big multiplayer issues. I think wheel support issues for some are game breaking. Lapped cars not being ghosted in multiplayer is a big issue too actually. I'm probably missing other issues important to some.

Beyond this I this we're in a similar state to last year I think.

Interesting, I guess luckily I don't play multiplayer all that much to encounter the bugs (Still have PTSD getting taken out of lap 1 after all the waiting time in the lobby lol). Well, last year's game was actually not that bad either, CM's game was never really that bad in terms of bugs compare to many others in the market nowadays tbh.

1 minute ago, Ultra3142 said:

To clarify, by 'graphical bugs' I meant the overall image quality not being where it should be, not the occasional glitch.

Haha I bet my system is probably too weak to tell a difference lmao (can't even run max settings without feeling fps drop lol). 

11 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

To clarify, by 'graphical bugs' I meant the overall image quality not being where it should be, not the occasional glitch. If Digital Foundry post a video on the current performance I don't think it would be at all positive!

I don't things fresh in mind but didn't they praise the performance and framerate last year and were quite lenient on the visuals given the inescapable trade-off between those things?

I'd wager the changes in the driving model, physics and, chiefly, on the AI are quite demanding on the processing side of things and probably account for much of the perceived visual downgrade.

16 hours ago, DRTApophis said:

Lots of bugs on console, we can't even map buttons properly on our wheels. 🤪🤪

6 hours ago, marioho said:

I don't things fresh in mind but didn't they praise the performance and framerate last year and were quite lenient on the visuals given the inescapable trade-off between those things?

I'd wager the changes in the driving model, physics and, chiefly, on the AI are quite demanding on the processing side of things and probably account for much of the perceived visual downgrade.

It's more things are 'wrong' than compromised to achieve frame rates. HDR is screwed up on PS5 and I think XBOX Series consoles as one example. Lots of people are reporting major issues with cutscenes playing in Braking Point too. Below is a video showing a weird bug on both consoles where at high speed the whole car appears blurry (e.g. at 44s)! I've been paying less attention to PC but there are definitely discussions about graphics performance there too.

Edited by Ultra3142
  • Thanks 1

To be honest, its not that bad compared to previous years. Most only need slight changes. Swap Red Bull and Merc, swap Aston and Ferrari and bring Williams and Alfa so they're close to Alpine and we're there.

44 minutes ago, Wynterdust said:

To be honest, its not that bad compared to previous years. Most only need slight changes. Swap Red Bull and Merc, swap Aston and Ferrari and bring Williams and Alfa so they're close to Alpine and we're there.

You’re right, but this is exactly why it is so frustrating!

It must be one of the simplest things to change the pecking order/performance of the cars, but it has barely (if at all) changed from last year, and it therefore bears no resemblance to the races we are seeing this year.

Just got my hopes up seeing parch 1.04 had dropped but no mention of any performance changes in there, just a hotfix for a save issue.

Why they didn’t just update the order to reflect the relative performance of the cars so far this year ahead of release is beyond me. I mean, there’s no need to wait to see if stays that way, they can always just tweak it again via a performance patch later.

On 7/18/2021 at 3:38 PM, DRTApophis said:

Happy to hear that myteam is working properly. Might give it a try. 

Multiplayer on the other hand is once again a mess.

Lobbies are still loading forever, with no way for the host to progress, kick the people responsible, etc. 
Huge screenfreeze for everyone on start of one shot quali hotlap. 
Races (or quali) end prematurely sometimes. 
League mode is still unusable (3rd game in a row. such a waste of time as it is) 
Safety car still gets confused about positions sometimes and randomly stops and lets everybody past. 
annoying things like the rpm glitch are still not fixed (tho this is a minor complaint compared to the rest.. it's very anoying driving side by side with someone who has it) 

And those are just the thing i noticed in like the first 6 races i did. 
I'm veeeeeeeeeery sure we will find loads and loads more new and exciting ones when the league races start and we're actually gonna do 50% or longer races. 

I really hope they DO make the bugfixing their top priority and make the game work first, so leagues don't have that many issues. And after that is done, start looking at fixing the order of the bot train. 

20 minutes ago, Bicarda said:

Happy to hear that myteam is working properly. Might give it a try. 

Multiplayer on the other hand is once again a mess.

Lobbies are still loading forever, with no way for the host to progress, kick the people responsible, etc. 
Huge screenfreeze for everyone on start of one shot quali hotlap. 
Races (or quali) end prematurely sometimes. 
League mode is still unusable (3rd game in a row. such a waste of time as it is) 
Safety car still gets confused about positions sometimes and randomly stops and lets everybody past. 
annoying things like the rpm glitch are still not fixed (tho this is a minor complaint compared to the rest.. it's very anoying driving side by side with someone who has it) 

And those are just the thing i noticed in like the first 6 races i did. 
I'm veeeeeeeeeery sure we will find loads and loads more new and exciting ones when the league races start and we're actually gonna do 50% or longer races. 

I really hope they DO make the bugfixing their top priority and make the game work first, so leagues don't have that many issues. And after that is done, start looking at fixing the order of the bot train. 

Yea I've just started to dig into the multiplayer last night, have to agree with you...it's kind of in a rough stage right now, though I'm sure most of these will be patch at some point since so many are having it. 

On 7/18/2021 at 8:31 AM, Ultra3142 said:

I expect Codemasters will be prioritising bug fixes right now. I certainly hope they are.

I hope so too, because I've started 2 separate My Team modes, got several races into each and now I can't load either of them anymore.  Anytime I try to it always loads my "driver career" save instead.   Both appear to be lost, so... I basically can't even play the game at this point outside of my driver career save and grand prix/time trial modes.

12 minutes ago, petro1319 said:

I hope so too, because I've started 2 separate My Team modes, got several races into each and now I can't load either of them anymore.  Anytime I try to it always loads my "driver career" save instead.   Both appear to be lost, so... I basically can't even play the game at this point outside of my driver career save and grand prix/time trial modes.

The 1.04 patch released today might help? (I know it says this came out last Thursday but I think that was when an earlier 1.04 just came out on PC.)

https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/81190-patch-104-notes-fix-to-myteam-saves/

• Like 1

If you look back to F1 2019 (game released on a similar time scale mid season) the first performance patch came out the Friday following release (so this Friday).

Edited by Sadler
5 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

The 1.04 patch released today might help? (I know it says this came out last Thursday but I think that was when an earlier 1.04 just came out on PC.)

https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/81190-patch-104-notes-fix-to-myteam-saves/

Thanks. this morning when I fired it up it was still v1.03.  Hopefully this comes out soon for XB and hopefully it helps.  I assume my existing saves are dead, but I haven't deleted them yet just to be safe, but the update notes there seem to indicate they should be ok!

Edited by petro1319
1 minute ago, marioho said:

@petro1319 the save file error addressed by the patch is supposed to be seamlessly fixed, if I'm not mistaken. So chances are your save is not busted.

Yes, thank you.  I saw that in the notes at the link you posted.   Now I just need MS to approve it so I can get it.  😐  Glad i didn't delete them.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, petro1319 said:

Thanks. this morning when I fired it up it was still v1.03.  Hopefully this comes out soon for XB and hopefully it helps.  I assume my existing saves are dead, but I haven't deleted them yet just to be safe, but the update notes there seem to indicate they should be ok!

For info. I got it on PS5 yesterday, when I switched my console on at around 16:00. I'll bet it will be on XB soon, if not already now.

• Like 1