Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Team Meeting - Dnote's Notes

coolieboy said:
@inspiretheworld You may as well have written your list for Santa Claus. Reading between the lines of what @Dnote has said, the powers that be in the corporation will not be allowing the necessary changes to be made quickly enough for CM to retain the license. Diminishing sales will see to that. Their business model is obsolete.   I feel sorry for the developers because it sounds like they were handicapped by unrealistic time and budget restraints.  I think they've done well under the circumstances.  2015 is 75% of a fantastic F1 game.  I'm sorry, but 6+ years is long enough to have gotten it right.  The F1 license for a game should immediately go to the Project Cars' Slightly Mad Studios.  The CM corporate share-holders got greedy and killed the goose that laid the golden egg.  The end.
With Project Cars 2 already in the works, I think the guys at SMS will have too much on their plate to create a new game.  I think the best approach for FOM to be more "loose" with the license. For example SMS should be able to acquire the license for 2015 cars and provide them as a DLC.  Or Drive Club acquires the license for the 2015 season tracks, etc...
I agree with Coolieboy. Part of me think's Codemasters have done a good job with the license(maybe not the bugs) even though their stuck with a Nineties one. I think the time has come to say to the FIA and FOM to upgrade the license for F1 games to the 21st century It's definitely needed or to try a different developer

i'm waiting for the next patch on ps4 and if online hoppers and all bugs reported in the ps4 bugs and issues forum are not fixed, then i considered that this company was not able to debug a game. and i'm afraid that was the case.
so i hope codemasters devs gives me wrong and give us a playable game.

Anyone attending EGX? http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/23919/egx-the-nec-birmingham-24-27#latest

There is another PS4 patch coming, I've not seen any patch notes for it yet though.

Dnote said:
I'll have tentative Xbox One patch notes for you tomorrow.
Great job.
Can can you say us anything about the release or submit date, for the xb1 patch ?

While we have your attention, Dnote, can we have an explanation as to why some settings are missing from the car setups in the garage? I now know that Gear settings were removed as the FIA has ruled them out in real F1. However, I have not found an explanation as to why things like Ride Height, Brake Bias, Brake Disc Size among other things are not there?

On a side note, I can't wait to finally have the patch for X1 applied to my game. I've been waiting for nearly 2 months now to be able to start my championship and stream it on my Twitch channel (VeNOM3099). I hope the AI behave during Race day... 

Submission is tomorrow, if all goes to plan and the average turn around with Microsoft is two weeks. It can be quicker but it can also be longer, not to mention if they find an issue we've missed and reject it.

Plus, we're in September, 1st parties are very busy now dealing with a lot of submissions for the holiday releases.

As for your question Venom, that would be something for the game designers to answer, I'm not aware of a reason myself, but I haven't delved too far into F1 2015's past, I've been more concerned with what happens going forward.

@dnote hi!

The patch ps4 is ready? or you have to wait for the verification of Microsoft of two weeks or more?

@danevs85 touched on a good point up there... @Dnote do the devs even take into consideration that most of us forked out £300 for new consoles as well as £50 for the new game? 
This was the most expensive release for an F1 game yet! And it has delivered the least in terms of content and reliability....

This is actually a good point. I originally bought a PS4 to play F1 - having said that, the investment was worth it due to ProjectCars so no harm no foul (at least from my pov)

VeNOM2099 said:
While we have your attention, Dnote, can we have an explanation as to why some settings are missing from the car setups in the garage? I now know that Gear settings were removed as the FIA has ruled them out in real F1. However, I have not found an explanation as to why things like Ride Height, Brake Bias, Brake Disc Size among other things are not there?

So, as a general rule if a setup option isn't there then it wasn't performing as the handling designers wanted it to. Take brake disc size for example; all it really did was add weight and make it easier to lock your tyres. There was no real positive trade off for having larger discs, so it got removed. With ride height, there weren't really many significant reasons to run with a high ride height because the car didn't become unsettled enough over the bumps on the lower settings, so why would you ever run the high?

I hope people have been experimenting with the new differential options, which weren't available in the past. Differentials are one of the most powerful components on a car when it comes to adjusting the driver behaviour after downforce and perhaps spring stiffness.

@Dnote please answer me,

Why I cannot change the game language to english? I'd like to hear the engineer's instructions in english, as real f1, and not a bad translation that makes the game looks like a joke. And I also want to use the radio,wich is impossible in portuguese. So please, do us a patch making possible to choose the language.

thanks

Britpoint said:
VeNOM2099 said:

So, as a general rule if a setup option isn't there then it wasn't performing as the handling designers wanted it to. Take brake disc size for example; all it really did was add weight and make it easier to lock your tyres. There was no real positive trade off for having larger discs, so it got removed. With ride height, there weren't really many significant reasons to run with a high ride height because the car didn't become unsettled enough over the bumps on the lower settings, so why would you ever run the high?

I hope people have been experimenting with the new differential options, which weren't available in the past. Differentials are one of the most powerful components on a car when it comes to adjusting the driver behaviour after downforce and perhaps spring stiffness.
Plus with the brake by wire system in real F1 the pressures are largely controlled by computer. Really interesting stuff actually. What would be cool although probably hard to implement would be a more variable degree of brake bias adjustment in car. There was an in cockpit shot of Rosberg at Bahrain I believe it was where you could see in the LCD display how he was it adjusting on the fly by varying percentages depending on which corner he was going into.

mixmax83 said:
@dnote hi!

The patch ps4 is ready? or you have to wait for the verification of Microsoft of two weeks or more?

Turn around on PS4 should be fairly quick, it isn't tied to the Xbox One patch, beyond our need to get that finished first, which it is now.

@Dnote please answer me,

Why I cannot change the game language to english? I'd like to hear the engineer's instructions in english, as real f1, and not a bad translation that makes the game looks like a joke. And I also want to use the radio,wich is impossible in portuguese. So please, do us a patch making possible to choose the language.

thanks
I don't know the reason for it, but that was a request of our distribution partner, that English not be included in that version of the game. I can raise the point of course, not sure we can change that though.

Dnote said:

I don't know the reason for it, but that was a request of our distribution partner, that English not be included in that version of the game. I can raise the point of course, not sure we can change that though.
Fascinating that!

mixmax83 said:
@dnote hi!

i think he said in his first post that they would sort the xbox patch then work on the ps4.  i wouldnt expect it within the next few weeks.

At last some news on the much needed patch for the Xbox. Can't bloody wait!!!!!!! :smiley: 

Britpoint said:
VeNOM2099 said:

Hmmm... Interesting. I only mentioned these settings because they were there in F1 2013. I can sort of agree as to it NOT being something critical to racing, but it was a fun option to have and added some measure of strategy to your racing choices depending what track you were running on. 

The omission/removal of ride height is more surprising, as you usually want to raise the car's floor (as it were) when you soften the spring stiffness to avoid "BOTTOMING OUT", especially on really uneven tracks, like Belgium or Brazil where running with softer springs makes sense, but you don't necessarily want to have your plank scraping the tarmac for the entirety of the lap... Funny enough, Brake Bias is in the game, but it's not available while you're sitting in the garage. It's only available while you're out on the track and thought that was bizarre. 

And yes, with the absence of  things like Ride Height and the rest of the things I've mentioned (I really miss gear ratio settings the most to be honest), i've had to find other ways to adjust my car's handling. I've found some pretty good settings so far... Sadly I haven't had much time to test it on other tracks as I still can't finish my first race in Australia because the AI keeps ramming my car off course...

EVERY.SINGLE.TIME...

Well brake settings are totally different to what they were. I could set my brakes (in the pits) to whatever bias I wanted, for instance, 48% front/52% rear. Now I get front bias, balanced, or rear bias which apparently is 60/40, 50/50, or 40/60 totally inadequate. I could also change my race strategy in garage before the race which has also gone, but that's what you get with arcade games.

Dnote said:
Submission is tomorrow, if all goes to plan and the average turn around with Microsoft is two weeks. It can be quicker but it can also be longer, not to mention if they find an issue we've missed and reject it.

Plus, we're in September, 1st parties are very busy now dealing with a lot of submissions for the holiday releases.

As for your question Venom, that would be something for the game designers to answer, I'm not aware of a reason myself, but I haven't delved too far into F1 2015's past, I've been more concerned with what happens going forward.
thanks, so if all goes to plan the XB1 patch will be available in or around 2 weeks :) its good to have some kind of timeline :) 

VeNOM2099 said:
Britpoint said:

And yes, with the absence of  things like Ride Height and the rest of the things I've mentioned (I really miss gear ratio settings the most to be honest), i've had to find other ways to adjust my car's handling. 
The gear thing isn't something we've chosen to omit, they're no longer allowed to be changed during the season :) Personally I'm quite glad about that as gear ratios were my least favourite thing to mess around with! But if the regulations changed again to allow them I imagine they'd be back in.

Britpoint said:
VeNOM2099 said:
Britpoint said:

And yes, with the absence of  things like Ride Height and the rest of the things I've mentioned (I really miss gear ratio settings the most to be honest), i've had to find other ways to adjust my car's handling. 
The gear thing isn't something we've chosen to omit, they're no longer allowed to be changed during the season :) Personally I'm quite glad about that as gear ratios were my least favourite thing to mess around with! But if the regulations changed again to allow them I imagine they'd be back in.
Why was the in garage brake bias removed and percentage adjustment along with it?

Britpoint said:
VeNOM2099 said:
Britpoint said:

Yeah, I know about the Gear ratios... Curse the FIA, but, if it's against their rules, then it makes sense why it's not in the game. On a positive note, I love how now you can watch the other racers do their laps while i'm in the garage. I've been waiting for that since F1 2010!!

hobbsy777 said:
Dnote said:

As for what others have said before.. actions speak louder than words, judge me on what I deliver, not on what others have failed to deliver.

Hello @Dnote, We the fans of this game cannot expect you to suddenly and miraculously deliver a 100% complete, bug free game with all the goodies reinstated into it in a couple of weeks time, but here is a challenge that involves only "one" yet important facet of the game.

In the next round of patches (all platforms), deliver a game that has "intelligent", yet competitive AI that does not ram you off the track when you dare to be on the race line, ignore blue flags, race you in Practice and Qualifying, drive around the track in convoys during qualifying, outpace you on the strait aways in slower cars, clock slower lap times in qualifying than in race and drive through you in the pits. 

Then you've got my attention and I will believe that it is not business as usual.

I say this in all sincerity and ask that you understand the scepticism coming from many of us. We have been let down many times, making it extremely difficult to swallow yet another promise of the Mesia from CM.

Are you up for the challenge?
Good Morning @Dnote (it is here anyway), So have you given this some thought? Would be really nice to have a race without surprises.

@Dnote please answer me,

thanks
I have this problem too. Games in Portuguese suck terribly, awful translations, obviously whoever translated the menus & audio isn't familiar with F1 terminology. All previous F1 games had menus and audio in English, it makes no sense to remove something that was available in previous games.
If I knew the Brazilian version didn't have English language I'd have imported the US/UK version instead.