Jump to content Jump to content

ai being to unrealistic fast?

is it me or is the ai unrealistic fast on some tracks? i always ran on f1 2020 with 78 difficulty in which i always did make a chance for the win in like a red bull but in f1 2021 i have the difficulty on 58 and its on the same track and same team and the ai always wreck me is this me or is this just very unrealistic?

• A detailed description of the issue: check above
  • Report Code: im not playing right now
  • Platform?: ps4
  • Game-mode?: only mode i checked was grand prix dont know about career mode
  • [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here.
  • [ONLINE] Were you the host?
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.: i have tried different difficultys
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. 
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.: just go in grand prix mode and race

Turn 7 at Zandvoort, Copse, Maggots, and Becketts, section 3 at Austria, and Pouhon at Spa I’m losing 0.2-0.3 a lap no matter how much downforce I put on or how much I play with the Diff. The AI cars can take those corners flat out without lifting even when following each other. 

In 2-player career I came 3rd cruising in Bahrain on 80 difficulty (in a Williams), then upped it to 85 for Spain and would have came ~15th if I hadn't binned it pushing to keep my position near the end of the race. Seems a bit of a weird jump.

4 minutes ago, Kevin1723 said:

i also have seen videos on youtube where the ai dont go unrealistic fast but thats on ps5 it looks like its only on ps4 but not sure

On YouTube the players go unrealistic fast

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, 1512marcel said:

On YouTube the players go unrealistic fast

no its just like mphgp817 says the ai can go flatout in turn 7 at zandvoort and i have to slow down but the ai doesnt and thats very unclear to me as in f1 2020 i raced there with 78 ai in a red bull could always make a chance for a pole or the win but in f1 2021 i have it on 58(!) and im just struggling to even get a pole or win in also a red bull that to me seems very unrealistic and in the f2 i have tested it also there are no problems but in the f1 cars its just not realistic and this doesnt seem like it is to be likd this

14 minutes ago, Kevin1723 said:

no its just like mphgp817 says the ai can go flatout in turn 7 at zandvoort and i have to slow down but the ai doesnt and thats very unclear to me as in f1 2020 i raced there with 78 ai in a red bull could always make a chance for a pole or the win but in f1 2021 i have it on 58(!) and im just struggling to even get a pole or win in also a red bull that to me seems very unrealistic and in the f2 i have tested it also there are no problems but in the f1 cars its just not realistic and this doesnt seem like it is to be likd this

Try to change your setup,

higher wings, also higher your front toe. Higher difference between front and rear suspension, all that will make your car turn easier.

Lock your differential lower your camera will give you more grip.

You will see how much better you will be able to run that corner, just a little advice. Practice is the key. Just practice 

• Agree 1
Just now, Wlad2110 said:

Try to change your setup,

higher wings, also higher your front toe. Higher difference between front and rear suspension, all that will make your car turn easier.

Lock your differential lower your camera will give you more grip.

You will see how much better you will be able to run that corner, just a little advice. Practice is the key. Just practice 

like i said before it doesnt make sense that i can beat the ai on f1 2020 on 78 and on f1 2021 im struggling on even 58 that just doesnt make sense

1 hour ago, Kevin1723 said:

like i said before it doesnt make sense that i can beat the ai on f1 2020 on 78 and on f1 2021 im struggling on even 58 that just doesnt make sense

If your 2021 setup is worse than your 2020 setup indeed it can make sense.

These are 2 different cars in 2020 and 2021

• Agree 1
1 hour ago, Kevin1723 said:

Why not? The AI have got better and you're still getting used to the new handling and setups. So long as there is an AI level you can have competetive races with then all is good. Don't worry about what the actual number is.

• Agree 1