Jump to content Jump to content

Portimao, Imola & Jeddah: Out Now ✅

14 minutes ago, CIARANDIAMOND98 said:

hiya does anyone know when we are going to be getting the new tracks on the new f1 game i found some info it say pre launch dlc when is that 7

many thanks 

Nobody knows. Some think its not even this year...

My guess is that they do one track, then release it and then do the next one.

13 minutes ago, Cappachino78 said:

Nobody knows. Some think its not even this year...

My guess is that they do one track, then release it and then do the next one.

That is not true, if they are doing this so, we are getting the news tracks on F1 2022 and that dont make any sense at all. 

One official driver of eSports said yesterday that he know when the tracks will come out, but he are no allowed to talk about it. 

Probably Imola and Portimão comes first, then Jeddah. That is my guess, but 100% sure all this tracks will come this year. 

1 hour ago, oner7 said:

I dont expect new tracks this year but WHERE IS NEW SPAIN LAYOUT, it is official, it is known from the beginning of the season. Where is the new layout?

They said they wouldn't be doing spain or changes to Australia like they are in real life... Because apparently that requires multiple scannings to get it right... As for spain i have no answer... It's literally one corner they have to mod which with the budget they have now is easy for them. It's not like they have to create an entire new track... Just map the track ti follow the extra layout we already have in the game... 

7 hours ago, Freakstyle said:

They said they wouldn't be doing spain or changes to Australia like they are in real life... Because apparently that requires multiple scannings to get it right... As for spain i have no answer... It's literally one corner they have to mod which with the budget they have now is easy for them. It's not like they have to create an entire new track... Just map the track ti follow the extra layout we already have in the game... 

“Scan” 😂😂😂

9 hours ago, oner7 said:

I dont expect new tracks this year but WHERE IS NEW SPAIN LAYOUT, it is official, it is known from the beginning of the season. Where is the new layout?

Its allready there, dont turn to the left just go straight and follow track from there
Also Australia? Baku (entering castle section)? Abu Dhabi, paying that much for an unfinished game, its a joke

• Agree 2

Anyone bothered could have found out what the track situation was before buying, and decided whether to buy or not. Buying it and then complaining about it being 'unfinished' doesn't really stack up for me.

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 3
27 minutes ago, Pilske said:

Not able to play online is an unfinished game, AND that was allready reported during the BETA

To be clear, my comment was exclusively related to tracks.

Edited by Ultra3142
1 hour ago, Ultra3142 said:

To be clear, my comment was exclusively related to tracks.

Well - there’s some improvements vs 2020 on track layouts - but yes the tracks should reflect the name of the game somehow …..

At least you have a superb driving model this year and that is now the second year In a row where driving is so much advanced …

going through Eau Rouge in Belgium with the FFB effects is such an amazing gaming experience …..

For me that is the strongest driving experience and a huge improvement vs 2020 and 2020 was already a huge step forward vs 2019 

The downside is of course the missing tracks ….

hope that track after track will find its way into the game - ASAP 

• Agree 1

@Shark2Racing I think you may have been responding to what someone else said rather than me? The ONLY thing I commented on was people buying the game and then complaining they'd spent money on an unfinished game because of the track situation.

Like you I am starting to appreciate the new handling model. I'm not good enough to really comment on it properly but I am finding I have slightly better 'feel', in particular getting a bit better warning I may be about to spin, and more chance of recovering the situation when I start to.

5 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

@Shark2Racing I think you may have been responding to what someone else said rather than me? The ONLY thing I commented on was people buying the game and then complaining they'd spent money on an unfinished game because of the track situation.

Like you I am starting to appreciate the new handling model. I'm not good enough to really comment on it properly but I am finding I have slightly better 'feel', in particular getting a bit better warning I may be about to spin, and more chance of recovering the situation when I start to.

To be honest they could have delayed the release of F1 2021 by a month to add new tracks from the start + update a couple of existing circuits and it would have been more beneficial marteking. Same for Aston Martin's SC or qualifying as a sprint race.
But we should enjoy what we have and play F1 2021. If anyone thinks F1 2021 is a poor game then sell your account.

5 minutes ago, Pawel567 said:

To be honest they could have delayed the release of F1 2021 by a month to add new tracks from the start + update a couple of existing circuits and it would have been more beneficial marteking. Same for Aston Martin's SC or qualifying as a sprint race.
But we should enjoy what we have and play F1 2021. If anyone thinks F1 2021 is a poor game then sell your account.

Let's see how long we have to wait for the new tracks. My hunch is it will be rather longer than a month but we'll see.

My take is that Codemasters gave players the choice. Those that wanted the game without the new tracks could buy it now but anyone who wanted to wait could do so. As for the changes to the other tracks I obviously wish they were all perfect but if the choice is three new tracks or fix the old ones then I'd pick the former. Yes we can say we shouldn't have to choose but I can see this may have been the reality from Codemasters' perspective.

47 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Let's see how long we have to wait for the new tracks. My hunch is it will be rather longer than a month but we'll see.

My take is that Codemasters gave players the choice. Those that wanted the game without the new tracks could buy it now but anyone who wanted to wait could do so. As for the changes to the other tracks I obviously wish they were all perfect but if the choice is three new tracks or fix the old ones then I'd pick the former. Yes we can say we shouldn't have to choose but I can see this may have been the reality from Codemasters' perspective.

To be honest - if the driving model would have not being so huge and nice - I would have reclaimed my purchase on steam 

there is no excuse to delay tracks and improvements if the title of the game is creating expectations that can’t be fulfilled! 
A lot casuals will be buying an unfinished piece software at the time it is published 

And still contains a lot of issues being reported over years …..

• Agree 2

I don't think much of the absence of Sprint Qualifying. Game development is often tackled through project management methods with flows and pipelines like kanban, waterfall etc. Anyone who has ever used Trello probably know what I'm referring to. 

Even more so in the case of an annualized series like F1. It is not only the consumers holding expectations about the different outputs – from trailers to the game release proper – but also a myriad of business partners. From investors to distributors. All that to say that the time frames are more strict than usual. And the cogs simply do not ever stop turning; if we were to split a game like this in mini-projects like graphics, in-game audio, driving model, AI and voice-over, I bet anyone here a fat penny that the improvements we are seeing in the simulation of diffuser generated downforce and curbs were in the whiteboard years ago and in hands-on development for 1-2 years at least.

From as late as March 25th, there sprint races were still in the air. The decision was made only on late April and in these terms:

Formula 1 is set to debut the Sprint Qualifying format at three Grands Prix in 2021, following an agreement reached between the FIA, Formula 1 and all 10 teams on the grid – with two European venues and one non-European one set to host the format, with those venues to be announced in due course.

To implement this novelty in the game changes would have to be made on everything from menus and UX to the structure of virtually every game mode out there – except maybe online racing. The fact that F2 have sprint races already does not help that much as adapting with the ball already running like this (late April!) would be... strenuous, to say the least. Believe it or not, it is not a simple matter of CTRL + V the F2 code. Haha even with modest tools like Word and plain text I still cannot approve a document made by an intern in my office for the real probability of they messing up the format when pasting whatever base text it was tasked them to append!

Above all though, I don't think there was near enough time to write and record the voiceover of all the much needed new lines that the addition of sprint qualifying requires. No way. Even assuming that they were in the green with the budget, just imagine trying to fix this all up with the voice actors' and official Liberty Media professionals' schedule.

• Agree 1
3 minutes ago, tman456 said:

Does anyone know the month    when the dlc tracks will come out? I am just interested k

The expected timeline for the release is not yet publicly known.

It is clear on all release information and the EULA that the fulfilment will occur during the game’s lifecycle, that they are not available at release and will be ‘free’ once they are available.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 3
On 7/16/2021 at 8:14 PM, ParadoxAMG53 said:

That is not true, if they are doing this so, we are getting the news tracks on F1 2022 and that dont make any sense at all. 

One official driver of eSports said yesterday that he know when the tracks will come out, but he are no allowed to talk about it. 

Probably Imola and Portimão comes first, then Jeddah. That is my guess, but 100% sure all this tracks will come this year. 

They are coming to this game that is already confirmed. Probably this year, but i read that some people think there not gonna be ready until january. And that is next year, but still for 2021 game. But novody knows. My guess is that at least one track is out in september

5 minutes ago, Cappachino78 said:

They are coming to this game that is already confirmed. Probably this year, but i read that some people think there not gonna be ready until january. And that is next year, but still for 2021 game. But novody knows. My guess is that at least one track is out in september

Dont need to be bother with this, yet. The game was just release two days ago, I know it's kinda sad that we dont have any sources about it, but it's coming, they can release the tracks in 2 weeks, who knows. 

• PJTierney changed the title to Portimao, Imola & Jeddah: Out Now ✅
  • PJTierney unpinned this topic