Jump to content Jump to content

Portimao, Imola & Jeddah: Out Now ✅

1 minute ago, Nightfire1964 said:

i follow another game which has been waiting for some time for a game and it's a whole load of impatient people wanting things moaning about things etc so it's not just this following which is like it 

Oh for sure, I don't mean the community is different, but rather the difference in users of a forum like this and the rest of the F1 playerbase which doesn't post on here. 

1 minute ago, KNT2011 said:

Oh for sure, I don't mean the community is different, but rather the difference in users of a forum like this and the rest of the F1 playerbase which doesn't post on here. 

ah ok yeah i notice many people use social to say about bugs and then when i mention the forums they are like what is that

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Nightfire1964 said:

ah ok yeah i notice many people use social to say about bugs and then when i mention the forums they are like what is that

Exactly, so the idea that the forums are unhappy! What does mean to CM really, lol. Grandad is in a bad mood. 

Much as it might be interesting to see some behind the scenes footage, to me now really doesn't feel like the time to be trying to encourage time to be devoted to this over actually working on fixing/developing the game.

• Agree 1
10 minutes ago, FTBuzzard said:

I would just like to know if we can still expect the tracks this year , or next year as with the F2 season in past games.

F2 update usually coincides with the end of the F2 season so that'd be December.  Obviously that may change.

I'd expect the tracks are more of a priority so they'd be sooner. Presumably pre Jeddah but if I had to guess; Late October? 

Literally just guesswork so would be nice to even have a ballpark window. 

30 minutes ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

F2 update usually coincides with the end of the F2 season so that'd be December.  Obviously that may change.

I'd expect the tracks are more of a priority so they'd be sooner. Presumably pre Jeddah but if I had to guess; Late October? 

At the end of f1 holidays would be perfect imo if doesnt come earlier

My opinion I can see tracks being added when a new podium pass begins rather than a big update during the middle of a podium pass that’s already running.

My reasoning for this, is I imagine that along with the new tracks, there will also be new objectives added that will involve the new tracks. 

• Agree 1
1 hour ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

I think that they have long since finished with imola and Portimao, only Jeddah is still waiting because the track is still under construction.

18 minutes ago, FTBuzzard said:

I think that they have long since finished with imola and Portimao, only Jeddah is still waiting because the track is still under construction.

Jeddah is the one that I think is the bottleneck.  I think, after the track is built, that they do testing on it to make sure that it behaves as expected. 
That’ll provide them the data they need to confirm expected lap times and car behaviour.   You know, fix little things or they’ll have “we do lap times that are 10 seconds faster,  this kerb is too high, etc” 

I imagine they’re all pretty much on schedule but no idea what the schedule actually is! 

4 hours ago, KNT2011 said:

I'd enjoy this, but is there such impatience outside of dedicated spaces like this forum?

Probably not lol. I just want to see it because I am curious about how they work, so completely for selfish reasons 😆 But I think in general it would be very interesting to see, and whenever somebody moans about tracks tacking forever on the forums we can simply point them to the video 😄

• Agree 1
22 hours ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

Jeddah is the one that I think is the bottleneck.  I think, after the track is built, that they do testing on it to make sure that it behaves as expected. 
That’ll provide them the data they need to confirm expected lap times and car behaviour.   You know, fix little things or they’ll have “we do lap times that are 10 seconds faster,  this kerb is too high, etc” 

I imagine they’re all pretty much on schedule but no idea what the schedule actually is! 

Jeddah would be similar to Vietnam I think. The Vietnam track wasn't built when Codemasters made it, so I wonder if they just worked off of Architect blueprints and stuff. But yeah I agree, Jeddah will probably come out last because at least for Imola they have a very old version from a previous F1 game, and I believe there is a version of Portimao in one of the GRID games, which runs on an older version of the engine - but they would probably be able to salvage something from that and not start completely from zero.

Edited by CptBalloonhands
GRID not DIRT

@CptBalloonhands Portimao is in Grid Autosport. I hope they start Imola from scratch. The F1 2013 Imola version was not the best. For me turkey would better as jeddah, but this is only my own opinion. Use the time to create a great jeddah track for F1 2022

or imola, portimao and track optimizations for the tracks we have, bumps, original kerbs (hungary, italy, spa) original layouts of 2021, spain, bahrain

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
21 hours ago, Craig8921 said:

My opinion I can see tracks being added when a new podium pass begins rather than a big update during the middle of a podium pass that’s already running.

My reasoning for this, is I imagine that along with the new tracks, there will also be new objectives added that will involve the new tracks. 

Makes sense get people back into the game who have lost interest. 

• Agree 1
8 hours ago, MadEvilBeavis76 said:

or imola, portimao and track optimizations for the tracks we have, bumps, original kerbs (hungary, italy, spa) original layouts of 2021, spain, bahrain

But then, people would complain why there is no Saudi Arabia GP. 😄

• Haha 2
19 hours ago, Chromatic said:

Makes sense get people back into the game who have lost interest. 

I also wouldn’t be opposed to them adding 1 new track per podium pass.

For arguments sake, let’s say they started working on the tracks 6 months ago. We can assume Imola doesn’t need too much work doing as the files from previous games are already there. Portimao they have in other games that they could get a hold of. Jeddah doesn’t even exist.

F1 2021 game is released, Codemasters have Imola at a stage now that is more or less finished. They spend the duration of Podium Pass 1 adding the finishing touches to Imola, then release this track along with Podium Pass 2.

Now their 1 track down more people and resources, they spend Podium Pass 2 finishing Portimao and release it at the start of Podium Pass 3. 

Finally they can fully focus on Jeddah, which doesn’t exist. Making sure this is fully complete, without actually seeing the track and how drivers race around it.

Again this is just my opinion. I personally think it’s more plausible to happen this way rather than just throwing them in half heartedly done and cause more issues

• Agree 1
1 hour ago, Craig8921 said:

We can assume Imola doesn’t need too much work doing as the files from previous games are already there. Portimao they have in other games that they could get a hold of. Jeddah doesn’t even exist.

No, we can't assume that. thats not how it works. F1 2013 is too old to work with previous game engine, they have to create the tracks from scratch, and they can't copy from other games because it's not codemasters work. 

All tracks are designed from scratch, and that takes time. I would say that they even started in 2020.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
29 minutes ago, FTBuzzard said:

No, we can't assume that. thats not how it works. F1 2013 is too old to work with previous game engine, they have to create the tracks from scratch, and they can't copy from other games because it's not codemasters work. 

All tracks are designed from scratch, and that takes time. I would say that they even started in 2020.

2020 they would have had no idea Imola or Portimao were going to be on the calendar for 2021. I’d be very surprised if they started working on tracks on the off chance they might be added. If that’s the case then maybe they’ve done the same for Turkey?

As I said it was my opinion, an opinion that seems more plausible than throwing 3 tracks into a game in a random month. If their building 3 tracks from ground up and their not using anything in terms of data from a previous game then it would be highly unlikely we see the tracks until early 2022. 

3 ore fa, Craig8921 ha detto:

Nel 2020 non avrebbero avuto idea che Imola o Portimao sarebbero state nel calendario per il 2021. Sarei molto sorpreso se iniziassero a lavorare sulle piste nella remota possibilità che potessero essere aggiunte. Se è così, forse hanno fatto lo stesso per la Turchia?

Come ho detto era una mia opinione, un'opinione che sembra più plausibile che lanciare 3 tracce in un gioco in un mese a caso. Se stanno costruendo 3 tracce da zero e non usano nulla in termini di dati di un gioco precedente, sarebbe altamente improbabile che vedremo le tracce fino all'inizio del 2022. 

So, for You they will bring at least one track with Podium Pass 2? 

4 hours ago, Craig8921 said:

2020 they would have had no idea Imola or Portimao were going to be on the calendar for 2021. I’d be very surprised if they started working on tracks on the off chance they might be added. If that’s the case then maybe they’ve done the same for Turkey?

As I said it was my opinion, an opinion that seems more plausible than throwing 3 tracks into a game in a random month. If their building 3 tracks from ground up and their not using anything in terms of data from a previous game then it would be highly unlikely we see the tracks until early 2022. 

Maybe they wanted to bring the tracks as DLCs for 2021, but when they became official, they decided to release them later, which would be logical because of Jeddah.

you think it's so easy, but in game development, the levels are what takes the most time, even small levels.
I think that Imola and portimao are finished, or at least almost finished, and most of the time is currently spent on the development of Jeddah.

• Disagree 1
1 hour ago, Pow3rCharles said:

So, for You they will bring at least one track with Podium Pass 2? 

Not necessarily PP2 that was more an example of how I think they could add tracks without having an update for a new pass then a week or so later another big update for tracks.

• PJTierney changed the title to Portimao, Imola & Jeddah: Out Now ✅