Jump to content Jump to content

Portimao, Imola & Jeddah: Out Now ✅

I think that we should all calm down and patiently wait for Imola Portamao and Jeddah as It has only been 2 months since the game came out. Be glad that it isn't years because it takes a ton of time to make a circuit good. Codemasters are making 3 so you should appreciate their efforts. (The disappearance of classic content from essentially the same game engine is a different story... (that was one of the reasons that I was looking forward to this game.)).

We don't know I'm afraid. There is a chance we may get a new track or tracks with the fairly imminent 1.10 update but Codemasters have released no official update and everyone is just speculating right now. If you look at the in-game calendar and browse to the date of the Portimao race you'll see there is a picture of the track now though (but not for Imola or Jeddah).

Edit: oh, and as for it being 'incredible' that we don't have the new tracks yet I'm not surprised at all. There has never been any suggestion from Codemasters that they would be added quickly after launch.

Edited by Ultra3142
5 minutes ago, Xamos76 said:

The truth is that the tracks had to be there immediately,and no six months later!!!!!!!!

Well, no. We would have liked them to be but we knew well before launch that this wasn't going to happen. 

6 months later would be January so let's see what happens on that count.

• Agree 3
6 minutes ago, Xamos76 said:

The truth is that the tracks had to be there immediately,and no six months later!!!!!!!!

With this crazy race calender in real f1 (cancellations,reschedules) i understand CM i have to say. I guess you do not know what is behind programming a new track mate. It is not just the graphics and details...

• Agree 2
2 hours ago, Xamos76 said:

Time and time again before the game came out, codemasters explained why the new tracks were not in game and why it would take a lot of time to get them in the game yet people still take no notice and complain bitterly. The pandemic hasn’t just effected the games industry but every industry going yet people still expect them to do the same as pre pandemic…..

• Agree 1
  • Social Media & Community Team
36 minutes ago, Silverchris said:

Time and time again before the game came out, codemasters explained why the new tracks were not in game and why it would take a lot of time to get them in the game yet people still take no notice and complain bitterly. The pandemic hasn’t just effected the games industry but every industry going yet people still expect them to do the same as pre pandemic…..

Related, this was shared by the F1 game twitter yesterday, a fairly deep dive into how Zandvoort was made. (it's a mix of English and Dutch but all the Codemasters segments are in English)

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
6 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

We don't know I'm afraid. There is a chance we may get a new track or tracks with the fairly imminent 1.10 update but Codemasters have released no official update and everyone is just speculating right now. If you look at the in-game calendar and browse to the date of the Portimao race you'll see there is a picture of the track now though (but not for Imola or Jeddah).

Edit: oh, and as for it being 'incredible' that we don't have the new tracks yet I'm not surprised at all. There has never been any suggestion from Codemasters that they would be added quickly after launch.

Have you a screenshot of this Portimao's picture?

2 hours ago, MadEvilBeavis76 said:

Here are some differences of the track. Final track layout and F1 2021 looks more like in the new codemasters video. I hope we see in the 2022 game the changes on the track and I hope for spa. This are my most liked tracks in the real F1.

Great video, thanks for the link!

Clearly shows how much closer to the real thing we could possibly get with a littel additional detail work. Especially so on the curbs, their positioning and size seemingly, as that seems to be 90% of the differences shown here. Whoever is / was responsible to implement the latest curbs into the game can either do a much better job, or these curbs have been changed (so) late(ly) that the implementation into the game has not been possible yet. 

I would really like these things becoming corrected with an upcoming patch, though there are more important issues to be solved at this time. Besides, devs are being late with quite a few things at the moment, so I do not recon this could be implemented too soon, even if I would wish for it to be. That said, I would still prefer to get the new tracks, missing F2 cars, fixes for multiplayer (bugged lobbies!), fixes for invisible holes in the ground between tracks and curbs, and whatnot sooner, before they should turn correcting curb details like showcased here.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Sector4 said:

I think Portimao was easier and faster to get finished because there's not much other stuff around the track, just hills, trees and grass. I expect Imola to come in October and Jeddah in December.

Auto%CC%81dromo-Internacional-do-Algarve-Portimao-GPDestinations.com-1.jpg

DJI_0560.jpg

Possible but the surroundings of the track should not delay it IMO, the training of the AI is the last step and the surroundings could be made simultaneously but we will see when it comes out, i hope its not way later than Portimao because im more excited about Imola haha but Portimao will be very nice aswell

4 hours ago, Sector4 said:

I think Portimao was easier and faster to get finished because there's not much other stuff around the track, just hills, trees and grass. I expect Imola to come in October and Jeddah in December.

Auto%CC%81dromo-Internacional-do-Algarve-Portimao-GPDestinations.com-1.jpg

DJI_0560.jpg

The same could be said for Istanbul not to many buildings in those parts. Anyway did they say the tracks are coming in stages or all in one package?  

Edited by Chromatic
2 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

The same could be said for Istanbul not to many buildings in those parts. Anyway did they say the tracks are coming in stages or all in one package?  

As far as i know in stages when each track is ready.. Istanbul is just way too late sadly

• Agree 1
15 minutes ago, Meza994 said:

As far as i know in stages when each track is ready.. Istanbul is just way too late sadly

Fair enough. Shame about Istanbul. The UK government is playing political snakes and ladders with the Covid list. Some people are saying is should be amber not red. In the end we will know by the 16th of September ("traffic light” review) if Istanbul is on in real life. That's if for any reason Mugello (rumored replacement) isn't announced before then. 

Edited by Chromatic
5 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

I don't believe there has been any official information regarding this from Codemasters, unless @Meza994 has seen something I've missed?

Nothing 100% but 1. clue is someone claimed on twitter that Nekrews51 said it would be that way in a Youtube video, didnt check it tho and 2. clue is that the Portimao "preview" is in the calendar, but not the other tracks.. But its still nothing 100% official

• PJTierney changed the title to Portimao, Imola & Jeddah: Out Now ✅
  • PJTierney unpinned this topic