Jump to content Jump to content

Portimao, Imola & Jeddah: Out Now ✅

They already seem to be doing it by porting from game to game each year judging by the lack of track updates. If it came from F1 2011 or grid autosport (2014) a rework would be needed. Like the other guy said. What I don't get is why the voice over of David croft for the circuit and choose do to nothing more with it? I already know it's not planned. It just seems like a waste of time building assets for a track on a gamble it may not be hosted again.

I guess we'll find out soon enough if there right. Or it's a massive own goal on their part. 

Edited by Chromatic
2 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

They already seem to be doing it by porting from game to game each year judging by the lack of track updates. If it came from F1 2011 or grid autosport (2014) a rework would be needed. What I don't get is why the voice over of David croft for the circuit and choose do to nothing more with it? I already know it's not planned. It just seems like a waste of time building assets for a track on a gamble it may not be hosted again. 

Those lines of crofty are just copied probably throughout every game, someone said Sepang is also still in the game (the voicelines) so yeah just copied because its not needed to do all voicelines new every year😂

8 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

What I don't get is why the voice over of David croft for the circuit and choose do to nothing more with it?

Every time they drag Crofty to the recording booth, it costs X amount of money. Better to get all the possible lines recorded when he's available and paid for. I'd imagine they have recorded lines for other possible tracks, too, just in case they'd have to make them. And the recording sessions were likely conducted way before Codemasters decided which tracks they were going to actually build. I've seen Crofty post selfies from a recording booth and in the background there's a list of drivers, some of which have never and will never race in F1. 

3 minutes ago, Meza994 said:

Those lines of crofty are just copied probably throughout every game, someone said Sepang is also still in the game (the voicelines) so yeah just copied because its not needed to do all voicelines new every year😂

The leaked voice over recordings for Istanbul Park were definitely for F1 2021. 

1) F1 2011 (the last F1 game to feature Turkey) didn't have that kind of pre-race hype voice over from Crofty.

2) Crofty referred to the track as "Intercity Istanbul Park" and Intercity bought the track in 2012 so after the release of F1 2011.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Meza994 said:

New voice lines are needed every year for new circuits. I agree most are copied. The voiceover itself mentioned Intercity Istanbul park which is recent compared to the turkish filling station sponsorship from 2011. 😉

Edited by Chromatic
19 minutes ago, Sector4 said:

Every time they drag Crofty to the recording booth, it costs X amount of money. Better to get all the possible lines recorded when he's available and paid for. I'd imagine they have recorded lines for other possible tracks, too, just in case they'd have to make them. And the recording sessions were likely conducted way before Codemasters decided which tracks they were going to actually build. I've seen Crofty post selfies from a recording booth and in the background there's a list of drivers, some of which have never and will never race in F1. 

The leaked voice over recordings for Istanbul Park were definitely for F1 2021. 

1) F1 2011 (the last F1 game to feature Turkey) didn't have that kind of pre-race hype voice over from Crofty.

2) Crofty referred to the track as "Intercity Istanbul Park" and Intercity bought the track in 2012 so after the release of F1 2011.

Fair enough

18 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Here is the Port Imperial layout. It's a shame it never worked out, looks like it could have been a fun track.

Holy ****.. that looks amazing.. in New York/New Jersey.. I could attend that one lol.

Edited by Sparticus_19
12 minutes ago, FTBuzzard said:

Everyone should care about new tracks. the more the better 🙂

No not really.. Jeddah COULD be ok in the game because dirty air is only ~30-50% of reality but also its likely to not look good - like Hanoi.. I dont mean bad coding but only street and walls and maybe a few buildings in the background.. But maybe it will look better, we dont know yet but not every track makes the game better.. I wouldnt be excited if Codies decide to add the old AVUS circuit to the game😂

4 hours ago, Meza994 said:

No not really.. Jeddah COULD be ok in the game because dirty air is only ~30-50% of reality but also its likely to not look good - like Hanoi.. I dont mean bad coding but only street and walls and maybe a few buildings in the background.. But maybe it will look better, we dont know yet but not every track makes the game better.. I wouldnt be excited if Codies decide to add the old AVUS circuit to the game😂

I think Jeddah will be good tbh. I’m more excited for Imola and Portimao but Jeddah is another unique track that I think will be better in game than what it will be irl. Still hyped for it any new track is very nice and exciting imo.

Just now, ReeceMusgrove said:

I think Jeddah will be good tbh. I’m more excited for Imola and Portimao but Jeddah is another unique track that I think will be better in game than what it will be irl. Still hyped for it any new track is very nice and exciting imo.

It will be better races ingame than real life for sure, im just not too sure about the looks of it.. Yes thats absolutely secondary to most but for me the appearance of a track also plays a part in how much i enjoy it.. but thats just me haha

9 hours ago, Meza994 said:

It will be better races ingame than real life for sure, im just not too sure about the looks of it.. Yes thats absolutely secondary to most but for me the appearance of a track also plays a part in how much i enjoy it.. but thats just me haha

Trying to think off the top of my head here but isn’t there like a lake or the sea nearby and also a lot of buildings around it. If that’s the case it will look good especially under the lights but I totally get what you mean I see some of the early versions of the circuits on Assetto Corsa for example and they look real basic 

2 minutes ago, ReeceMusgrove said:

Trying to think off the top of my head here but isn’t there like a lake or the sea nearby and also a lot of buildings around it. If that’s the case it will look good especially under the lights but I totally get what you mean I see some of the early versions of the circuits on Assetto Corsa for example and they look real basic 

21-03-10_Aerial_Cam02-FX.jpg

8 hours ago, ReeceMusgrove said:

Well it might look good from above will we see from the car? Definitely not the sea and maybe some trees, surely not the grass with the high walls and still depends on how much green they really put into it.. those pics are made to look good but im not saying it will be 100% ugly, just a little sceptical haha

Codies please dont hype yourselves up too much with this update, it seems like a lovely marketing opportunity but please dont go too mad over giving us some tracks that should of been in the game at release. 

If the bugs people are reporting arent fixed then it's really for nothing. 

• Agree 1
11 hours ago, RLLL said:

Codies please dont hype yourselves up too much with this update, it seems like a lovely marketing opportunity but please dont go too mad over giving us some tracks that should of been in the game at release. 

If the bugs people are reporting arent fixed then it's really for nothing. 

morgan freeman.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • PJTierney changed the title to Portimao, Imola & Jeddah: Out Now ✅
  • PJTierney unpinned this topic