Jump to content Jump to content

Portimao, Imola & Jeddah: Out Now ✅

13 hours ago, FOneFanatic said:

Tracks like cars are designed, built and tested virtually before they are implemented IRL. Tilke.de website normally lists the projects as they progress through build phase. Notwithstanding the final track artifacts and FIA sign off, tracks should make it to be game before race debuts. But there is no reason why a track like Imola shouldn’t be in the game NOW!  Imola is in Project CARS, which if I’m not mistaken is studio owned, yes? 

Have you seen Imola from Project Cars? It's horribly outdated. Also, all the track-side objects like crowd NPCs, trucks, cars, marshall posts etc. are reusable assets that are shared between tracks in F1 2021, so none of these assets from Project Cars could be used anyway. The only thing that's useable is the track geometry and maybe some track textures, which, like I said, are very outdated. You'll have to trust that if there was a faster way of doing things Codemasters would already have done it.

• Agree 2
30 minutes ago, CptBalloonhands said:

Have you seen Imola from Project Cars? It's horribly outdated. Also, all the track-side objects like crowd NPCs, trucks, cars, marshall posts etc. are reusable assets that are shared between tracks in F1 2021, so none of these assets from Project Cars could be used anyway. The only thing that's useable is the track geometry and maybe some track textures, which, like I said, are very outdated. You'll have to trust that if there was a faster way of doing things Codemasters would already have done it.

Imola was in project cars 1 so would assume they have just carried it over... thereby it being out off date

• Agree 1

Good news for fans of Imola:

https://twitter.com/formularacers_/status/1441059234595102720?s=20

"Imola's mayor has announced that Imola will become a permanent part of the F1 calendar from 2022 until 2025."

Original source:
https://www.settesere.it/it/notizie-emilia-romagna-f1-a-imola-fino-al-2025-ad-un-passo-bonaccini-a-molto-ottimista-n30903.php
https://twitter.com/formularacers_/status/1441059234595102720?s=20

Edited by CptBalloonhands
  • Like 4
  • Agree 1
5 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Not enough diesel for the not enough truck drivers, so Turkey looks a bit flat. Like the CO2 cannisters.

Best mate works for a Fuels company part owned by greenergy.

Basically lorry drivers that transport fuels and other hazardous materials.  Obviously Have to have advanced qualification.  Basically they get the big bucks.  He says the only reason there is a shortage off drivers is because off panic buyers.  If no one panicked there would be plenty off fuel so much so it would free up some drivers to transport other other really important stuff like McDonald’s milkshakes 😁

I know this has nothing to do with your comment but you made me think off it🙄😍

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, ScaredDuck said:

Basically lorry drivers that transport fuels and other hazardous materials.  Obviously Have to have advanced qualification.  Basically they get the big bucks.  He says the only reason there is a shortage off drivers is because off panic buyers.  If no one panicked there would be plenty off fuel so much so it would free up some drivers to transport other other really important stuff like McDonald’s milkshakes 😁

I know, it was just a bit of a poor joke 😃

12 hours ago, ScaredDuck said:

It's because of the msm . And social media . The news  channels are responsible . For all the panic buying  the do like to cause panick in this country . If it's not loo roll it's petrol .I'm thinking about going I'n for me HGV licencee self .  But no doubt all this panick buying . Is threw . The main stream media . 

• Agree 1
  • Social Media & Community Team
8 minutes ago, Meza994 said:

Would make for interesting strategys though🤔😂

Rumour has it that's why Bottas' Monaco stop was so slow 😄 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, PaulLynch said:

It's because of the msm . And social media . The news  channels are responsible . For all the panic buying  the do like to cause panick in this country . If it's not loo roll it's petrol .I'm thinking about going I'n for me HGV licencee self .  But no doubt all this panick buying . Is threw . The main stream media . 

About ten years ago now I had Facebook and as a result off being awesome  at my job... I had a lot off friends on their that were young attractive late teen early 20s women... and they would occasionally message me needing help... I didn’t think nothing off it... But ***** my misses did.. got so bad I deleted everything... and havnt used it since... And as time has gone by and you see all the hate and nonsense stirred up on social media reported on the I’m glad i did delete it

19 hours ago, ScaredDuck said:

My sister is a lorry driver, she's trying to start up her own trucking business company at the moment. Best time for it, I think!

• Agree 1
1 hour ago, VirtuaIceMan said:

My sister is a lorry driver, she's trying to start up her own trucking business company at the moment. Best time for it, I think!

There’s plenty off work unfortunately though not enough drivers..  It’s a hard thing setting up a company like logistics.. need to compete against established firms and work initially will come slowly so she will have to put in mega hours.  As she won’t be able to afford to pay to many staff...  It’s not like internet where you can set up one day and sell the following for a billion... You need to find enough work to pay everything and everyone and until you become established you pretty much working like a dog and the least payed... 

On 9/28/2021 at 4:47 PM, ScaredDuck said:

Yea, we had this problem in the states last year.  Also with Toilet Paper and ANY cleaning product.  3 kids and I in one place, 2 girls, we go through ALOT of toilet paper so that was aggravating lol.

• Agree 1
Just now, Sparticus_19 said:

Yea, we had this problem in the states last year.  Also with Toilet Paper and ANY cleaning product.  3 kids and I in one place, 2 girls, we go through ALOT of toilet paper so that was aggravating lol.

I have my daughter stay with me at weekends... I live on my own..  And I use the toilet paper wet wipe things..   one pack lasts me a good few weeks.. my daughter I think she uses a pack every time she goes...  Us men do it proper grab a few sheets and wipe.  Women I’ve seen wrap half a role off toilet paper around their whole hand for just one wipe

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

I have my daughter stay with me at weekends... I live on my own..  And I use the toilet paper wet wipe things..   one pack lasts me a good few weeks.. my daughter I think she uses a pack every time she goes...  Us men do it proper grab a few sheets and wipe.  Women I’ve seen wrap half a role off toilet paper around their whole hand for just one wipe

Lol, right.  The wet wipes are great, but when I get them EVERYONE uses them.  Funny how this topic turned into a conversation on the methods we use to wipe our arses! Lol.

• Haha 1
21 minutes ago, Sparticus_19 said:

Lol, right.  The wet wipes are great, but when I get them EVERYONE uses them.  Funny how this topic turned into a conversation on the methods we use to wipe our arses! Lol.

I can’t help myself.  Don’t thonk there’s a thread I’ve posted in where I have taken it off topic.  But I’m lucky to have a wealth of life experience and someone always posts something that reminds off something else.

As much as I enjoy, as much as the next man, a conversation on toilet roll. do we know at what point in October yet that the Imola track and (I think its livery changes) will be dropping?   I'm assuming around the middle but didn't know if there was any confirmation, or even whispers of a time most likely?  

Also, i'm further assuming the career season length will go up to 22 races?   I can't imagine it'll go up to 23 with China as a placemarker til Jeddah as "it's not indicative of the real season" <--- Ignoring tracks like Singapore, Japan, Canada, etc. 

20 minutes ago, FS7 said:

Qatar GP confirmed for November 2021. Will it be added to the F1 2021 game?

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-confirms-qatar-gp-on-2021-calendar-as-part-of-long-term-deal/6678317/

There simply isn't enough time to integrate it into the game this year i guess, but since Losail has an 11-year contract with F1, the track is fixed for 2022 calendar and should be in the next game.

Why would it be in 2022? F1 won't race there next year because of the FIFA World Cup.

It would make sense for it to be in F1 2023, as that's when the contract officially starts for the 10 years. And it seems like it would be a different track especially made for the length of the contract.

IMO, I wouldn't expect this track to appear in any F1 games unless CM starts doing DLC. This one seems like a one-off for this year.

Edited by Ryne
1 hour ago, Ryne said:

Why would it be in 2022? F1 won't race there next year because of the FIFA World Cup.

It would make sense for it to be in F1 2023, as that's when the contract officially starts for the 10 years. And it seems like it would be a different track especially made for the length of the contract.

IMO, I wouldn't expect this track to appear in any F1 games unless CM starts doing DLC. This one seems like a one-off for this year.

Pretty much this. I expect this to be like Mugello.  Used out of convenience in real-life for one year but then swept under the carpet never to be used in a game. 

The only pathway I see it being included is if the Qatar GP track of 2023 isn't ready and it has to host one more emergency track but that's a long shot as they wouldn't know they couldn't manage to host it until far too late in the 2023 game cycle for them to start making it. 

Yes, Qatar has a multi-year contract with F1 but Losail is only confirmed for 2021.

As part of the longer-term deal, discussions will continue regarding the location for the Grand Prix from 2023 with further details to be provided at a later time.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.breaking-qatar-to-join-f1-calendar-in-2021-as-country-signs-additional-10.50lbiJcZfoo6udNWZMDAn6.html

I can see a new track being constructed around one of the 2022 FIFA World Cup stadiums.

• PJTierney changed the title to Portimao, Imola & Jeddah: Out Now ✅
  • PJTierney unpinned this topic