Jump to content Jump to content

Portimao, Imola & Jeddah: Out Now ✅

19 hours ago, JoeLee said:

When In the month are we likely to get Imola?

Don't know but i'm hyped up for it, Portimao is great, elevation change and everything about this track is amazing, so i expect Imola to be on the same level of amazing in terms of driving 

• Agree 1

Yeah, it's going to be a great circuit. Going forward F1 should cement its relations with more middle-eastern countries who want to host the game as they're loaded with cash and less likely to waffle on commitment to annual race schedules due to internal political strife, as is clearly demonstrable with the Asian countries such as India, Korea, Malaysia and now Vietnam. As a matter of fact if you go to tilde.de you'll get a demo of Jeddah where with more than 25 corners, the track could be a replacement for the Singapore GP, also on the hook as an unreliable Asia country using Covid-19 as an excuse for two consecutive years of race cancellations. I say bring on more Middle Eastern countries willing to support the sport! Hell yeah!

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!1s0x15c3dbb6d26f1aa3%3A0xe5ae57c9164742a6!3m1!7e115!4shttps%3A%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipNxNqD4FXi8vkAshGH_R-pwlpty_lC4piY7lZ-Q%3Dw284-h160-k-no!5sis the jeddah f1 circuit a street circuit - Google Search!15sCgIgAQ&imagekey=!1e10!2sAF1QipNxNqD4FXi8vkAshGH_R-pwlpty_lC4piY7lZ-Q&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwivnsai_rLzAhUqSjABHY5pA4IQoip6BAhxEAM

On 9/23/2021 at 10:48 AM, marioho said:

So it's solely a matter of importing the track assets and that's it, new track?

The face that they have access to the track is half the battle. Getting it licensed and scanned is the other half.  Or they can work with FM to obtain an already existing laser scan of the track. In any event, there is really no reason Imola shouldn't have been included in the game at launch! 

11 minutes ago, FOneFanatic said:

Yeah, it's going to be a great circuit. Going forward F1 should cement its relations with more middle-eastern countries who want to host the game as they're loaded with cash and less likely to waffle on commitment to annual race schedules due to internal political strife, as is clearly demonstrable with the Asian countries such as India, Korea, Malaysia and now Vietnam. As a matter of fact if you go to tilde.de you'll get a demo of Jeddah where with more than 25 corners, the track could be a replacement for the Singapore GP, also on the hook as an unreliable Asia country using Covid-19 as an excuse for two consecutive years of race cancellations. I say bring on more Middle Eastern countries willing to support the sport! Hell yeah!

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!1s0x15c3dbb6d26f1aa3%3A0xe5ae57c9164742a6!3m1!7e115!4shttps%3A%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipNxNqD4FXi8vkAshGH_R-pwlpty_lC4piY7lZ-Q%3Dw284-h160-k-no!5sis the jeddah f1 circuit a street circuit - Google Search!15sCgIgAQ&imagekey=!1e10!2sAF1QipNxNqD4FXi8vkAshGH_R-pwlpty_lC4piY7lZ-Q&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwivnsai_rLzAhUqSjABHY5pA4IQoip6BAhxEAM

I really hope this is not a serious suggestion...

• Agree 1
7 hours ago, Meza994 said:

I really hope this is not a serious suggestion...

Yeah, I got some "oh, this is ironic" vibes with the jab at Singapore, but the "countries using Covid-19 as an excuse" threw me off and I do not know what to make of it. This is a cake I have no idea how to slice.

• Agree 1
13 minutes ago, marioho said:

@GoSuarez99 next week will be just the 2nd week of October. Codemasters' word is for a release in October. 

Barry mentioned in one of the big multiplayer bug threads that the big 1.12 patch may be out sometime early-/mid next week with 1.11 being back-end stuff only

Edited by CptBalloonhands
8 minutes ago, CptBalloonhands said:

Barry mentioned in one of the big multiplayer bug threads that the big 1.12 patch may be out sometime early-/mid next week with 1.11 being back-end stuff only

Yeap, the same post racing game GG picked up for commenting that Imola would potentially be out next week. In the post Barry makes it clear that there is no ETA (other than the October release window), just saying the he would not expect it to be out before next week. I would love to read that as "Imola is going to be released next week" but that's a stretch.

Anyway, my point is that it makes no sense to get upset when it is us, the community, setting ourselves for disappointment. 

10 hours ago, marioho said:

Yeap, the same post racing game GG picked up for commenting that Imola would potentially be out next week. In the post Barry makes it clear that there is no ETA (other than the October release window), just saying the he would not expect it to be out before next week. I would love to read that as "Imola is going to be released next week" but that's a stretch.

Anyway, my point is that it makes no sense to get upset when it is us, the community, setting ourselves for disappointment. 

This is my favourite recurring scenario on here.

Event A is announced/expected without a datestamp to happen. Forum Community come up with loads of ideas about what it will be and/or when it will be by. Time goes past and people are outraged that a deadline that they themselves set wasn't met and they didn't receive exactly what they expected despite no prior announcement to say what/when it will be.

We do alot of that setting ourselves up for disappointment and we never learn! 

• Agree 1
11 hours ago, marioho said:

that's exactly what i always say. people interpret official statements with impatience, and then will be disappointed. But then it's the developer's fault. 
happens quite often, not only with codemsaters.

• Agree 1
4 hours ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

This is my favourite recurring scenario on here.

Event A is announced/expected without a datestamp to happen. Forum Community come up with loads of ideas about what it will be and/or when it will be by. Time goes past and people are outraged that a deadline that they themselves set wasn't met and they didn't receive exactly what they expected despite no prior announcement to say what/when it will be.

We do alot of that setting ourselves up for disappointment and we never learn! 

Read my post again, I said it MAY come out mid next week (based on what Barry said and how he said it). I didn’t say it will. So I’m not expecting it to come out then but there’s a decent enough possibility. 

• Agree 1
  • PJTierney changed the title to Portimao, Imola & Jeddah: Out Now ✅
  • PJTierney unpinned this topic