Jump to content Jump to content

Portimao, Imola & Jeddah: Out Now ✅

14 minutes ago, zApPaDiEtRo said:

So, no italic "I" tomorrow @Formula1game?

IF, thats a big IF, Imola comes with 1.12 that COULD be early-mid next week, by what BarryBL said. BUT he never said it would include Imola, just that it would be the next bigger patch, with not only backend stuff, so IF that would have Imola, which is just pure speculation, it could even be Thursday so th "I" could start on Sunday and thats only IF they even go for the italic letters again😂

14 minutes ago, Meza994 said:

IF, thats a big IF, Imola comes with 1.12 that COULD be early-mid next week, by what BarryBL said. BUT he never said it would include Imola, just that it would be the next bigger patch, with not only backend stuff, so IF that would have Imola, which is just pure speculation, it could even be Thursday so th "I" could start on Sunday and thats only IF they even go for the italic letters again😂

PJ didn't reply nor react, that's a good sign: أوتودرومو إنزو ودينو فيراري!!!

22 hours ago, marioho said:

Yeap, the same post racing game GG picked up for commenting that Imola would potentially be out next week. In the post Barry makes it clear that there is no ETA (other than the October release window), just saying the he would not expect it to be out before next week. I would love to read that as "Imola is going to be released next week" but that's a stretch.

Anyway, my point is that it makes no sense to get upset when it is us, the community, setting ourselves for disappointment. 

Well racing game gg also said that portimao would be out on September 13 which it then happened so let’s just wait and see 

7 hours ago, CptBalloonhands said:

Read my post again, I said it MAY come out mid next week (based on what Barry said and how he said it). I didn’t say it will. So I’m not expecting it to come out then but there’s a decent enough possibility. 

In a unsurprising turn of events, I’d recommend that you follow your own advice and read my post again, yourself 🙂
My post had absolutely nothing to do directly with yours, just a reflection on Marioho’s comment that the community has a habit of setting its own deadlines and being disappointed when they’re not met.
That’s a reflection on multiple incidents across various posts (hence running scenario), not on a sole isolated event of your stating whether an update may or may not include something.  If it was, I would have quoted your post.  I have re-read my post and I cannot see you quoted in it anywhere so I view it safe to assume that it holds no relevance in my aforementioned post. 

@GoSuarez99 from the Racing Game GG piece:

F1 2021 Update 1.12 release date

The next update should be with players soon. In an Admin forum post, Codemasters stated a rough estimate for Update 1.12 of “early-mid next week”. That would mean a release of around 11-13 October, just before the start of the 2021 F1 Esports championship.

The source is literally a link that Barry's post we're all referring to. The article adds absolutely nothing to the matter.

And let us not lose track of what's happening here. We all want the track released as soon as possible 🙏, I just find it curious – and that's putting it mildly – to say we're getting upset with the devs for not meeting deadlines that we conjured out of thin air ourselves.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
8 minutes ago, marioho said:

@GoSuarez99 from the Racing Game GG piece:

The source is literally a link that Barry's post we're all referring to. The article adds absolutely nothing to the matter.

And let us not lose track of what's happening here. We all want the track released as soon as possible 🙏, I just find it curious – and that's putting it mildly – to say we're getting upset with the devs for not meeting deadlines that we conjured out of thin air ourselves.

Hats not what I was referencing 

From racinggames.gg

Recently announced, players can expect to go racing around Imola in October.

No specific date has been revealed, but with Codemasters usually dropping updates on a Monday, and with Portimao arriving on 13 September, we think Imola will land in the game on 11 October.

and here’s the link so you can see for yourself: https://racinggames.gg/f1/f1-2021-game-imola-release-date-setup-gameplay-news-more/

24 minutes ago, Sofo2409 said:

Whatever happened to Istanbul? Never meant to be?

Has been answered 1000 times, it was too late when it made it into the calendar, no time left to get it into the game!

• Agree 2
1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

image.png

image.png

image.png

Only 534, you guys are slackin' 😉 

I know it wont happen, but depending how the calendar for 2022 will look like i think you guys could make Turkey a payed DLC for F1 2021 and it would sell well😂 but i know the game wont get touched much in 2022 etc. and that it wont happen.. But one can dream😂

• Agree 1
26 minutes ago, Meza994 said:

I know it wont happen, but depending how the calendar for 2022 will look like i think you guys could make Turkey a payed DLC for F1 2021 and it would sell well😂 but i know the game wont get touched much in 2022 etc. and that it wont happen.. But one can dream😂

So many come to mind... think I’m going with Aerosmith 

🎼Dream on Dream on🎼

• Haha 1

What people sometimes forget is we have had 5 new Tracks in the last 2 games. 
Zandvoort, Hanoi, Imola, Portimao and Jeddah.
and with all the resources, the short development time and all the effort, codemasters has delivered great performance so far.
And it looks like we'll get another 1-2 new tracks next year as well.

It's not as if Codemasters has an infinite amount of time and resources at their disposal, when they put resources into developing Turkey GP, those resources are lacking in other, more important places.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
Just now, FTBuzzard said:

What people sometimes forget is we have had 5 new Tracks in the last 2 games. 
Zandvoort, Hanoi, Imola, Portimao and Jeddah.
and with all the resources, the short development time and all the effort, codemasters has delivered great performance so far.
And it looks like we'll get another 1-2 new tracks next year as well.

It's not as if Codemasters has an infinite amount of time and resources at their disposal, when they put resources into developing Turkey GP, those resources are lacking in other, more important places.

I wasnt saying they are not doing good work with the new tracks, its great, its just that im bored by most tracks that were in the game for the past years and Turkey in this game too would make it an amazing calendar! Its completely understandable and i wrote too that it wont happen and its just a dream, but in theory with EA would be able to put out the money for staff to work on such a DLC, thats nothing impossible nor rare to happen but it wont happen and its "ok"😂 no, really no blame on either Codemasters nor EA for not going for it!

23 minutes ago, CptBalloonhands said:

Codemasters is currently listing 11 Environment Art positions on their careers page, maybe they got the message about the fans wanting more (updated) tracks 😉

What exactly do you mean? Do you have any link or something?

Has anyone looked at the latest post on Codemasters' Twitter account (the one with a Playmobil-ish doll)? It say something about sunday but the most interesting is the image which resembles the starting grid from Ímola - the green tarmac and pitwall and etc

Or is just my imagination?

Edited by dancrodrigues
  • PJTierney changed the title to Portimao, Imola & Jeddah: Out Now ✅
  • PJTierney unpinned this topic