Jump to content Jump to content

Portimao, Imola & Jeddah: Out Now ✅

13 minutes ago, dancrodrigues said:

Has anyone looked at the latest post on Codemasters' Twitter account (the one with a Playmobil-ish doll)? It say something about sunday but the most interesting is the image which resembles the starting grid from Ímola - the green tarmac and pitwall and etc

Or is just my imagination?

This is a photo of the start straight from Portugal at 100%. At the rear, you can even see the last corner and the stands as they are in Portugal.

The starting fields on Imola are not straight but curved.

Edited by AndRe5550148
  • Agree 1
15 minutes ago, AndRe5550148 said:

This is a photo of the start straight from Portugal at 100%. At the rear, you can even see the last corner and the stands as they are in Portugal.

The starting fields on Imola are not straight but curved.

You're right mate, my bad.

Edited by dancrodrigues
  • Agree 1

@PJTierney dishing out justice boners for those of us that love that. Justice, I mean.

7 hours ago, FTBuzzard said:

What people sometimes forget is we have had 5 new Tracks in the last 2 games. 
Zandvoort, Hanoi, Imola, Portimao and Jeddah.
and with all the resources, the short development time and all the effort, codemasters has delivered great performance so far.
And it looks like we'll get another 1-2 new tracks next year as well.

It's not as if Codemasters has an infinite amount of time and resources at their disposal, when they put resources into developing Turkey GP, those resources are lacking in other, more important places.

Yep, and Hanoi will hardly make a comeback to the calendar. That's just bonkers, a whole track and one built without all the real life data to ease up the production phase, just for one game.

That "it's the official F1 game" will only get you so far. It's foolish to expect that actual money and resources should be spent to cover for every step-in track that makes a contingent appearance on the F1 calendar. Unless you really have money and resources in spades, that's not feasible.

Anyway, that's a general comment on the general state of things.  

1 hour ago, CptBalloonhands said:

Codemasters is currently listing 11 Environment Art positions on their careers page, maybe they got the message about the fans wanting more (updated) tracks 😉

That's great news!

• Agree 2
9 hours ago, Meza994 said:

but in theory with EA would be able to put out the money for staff to work on such a DLC, thats nothing impossible nor rare to happen but it wont happen and its "ok"😂 no, really no blame on either Codemasters nor EA for not going for it!

Just because EA is the biggest company in gaming business, doesnt mean they will spend infonite monney on their dev teams.
in fact, EA has closed more dev studios that they could have saved with their money, but apparently were of no economic use.
I don't want to say that codemsaters is about to close, but people should get away from the thinking that with EA comes infinite money.

5 minutes ago, FTBuzzard said:

Just because EA is the biggest company in gaming business, doesnt mean they will spend infonite monney on their dev teams.
in fact, EA has closed more dev studios that they could have saved with their money, but apparently were of no economic use.
I don't want to say that codemsaters is about to close, but people should get away from the thinking that with EA comes infinite money.

Idk were you get the idea of infinite money.. The money needed to make that one track isnt thaaaat much, its mostly just the salary of a few devs for like 6-9 months, but again i already said it multiple times, i dont believe that it will happen but from an economic point of view its not unreasonable..

1 hour ago, GoSuarez99 said:

With the games EA makes you would think that they would have an average amount of money 

Of course they have money, but that doesn't mean they're going to invest endlessly in codemasters to make better games.

12 hours ago, marioho said:

, and Hanoi will hardly make a comeback to the calendar. That's just bonkers, a whole track and one built without all the real life data to ease up the production phase, just for one game

I was thinking exactly this earlier and was going to post how the devs must be ****** with all that time and effort and f1 didn’t even race there.

Not to mention it was a  💩 track layout. 

****** just broke my vaper 

Edited by ScaredDuck
  • Haha 1
Just now, FTBuzzard said:

As long as people still buys games at release, it won't change.

I wouldnt bet on that to change even if people dont buy them at release.. Sure better chance but publishers are dense and not much hope for them lol

14 minutes ago, Pawel567 said:

Next year's F1 2022 which is supposed to be revolutionary will be Miami and Imola and Istanbul if China/Singapore/Australia cancel.

Please keep it realistic, we dont have any news on what F1 2022 will be like and the calendar for next year is not yet official.. If Istanbul makes it into the calendar by June again it wont be in the game! If its in by December it will likely make it.. Revolutionary will likely be the game that get the next gen switch (only next gen) and as far as we know F1 2022 will also be for PS4 so not gonna expect too much but this is also pure speculation

• Agree 1
35 minutes ago, Pawel567 said:

Next year's F1 2022 which is supposed to be revolutionary will be Miami and Imola and Istanbul if China/Singapore/Australia cancel.

Out of interest, where did you hear / read it is supposed to be revolutionary?

• Agree 1
1 hour ago, KNT2011 said:

Out of interest, where did you hear / read it is supposed to be revolutionary?

This is according to a user on Reddit and a Spanish site that said F1 2022 is going to be revolutionary and the best game yet and they are already working on it.

5 minutes ago, Pawel567 said:

This is according to a user on Reddit and a Spanish site that said F1 2022 is going to be revolutionary and the best game yet and they are already working on it.

So you're saying F1 series is going online only with multiplayer career now confirmed. 

homer-simpsons-the-simpsons.gif.004c43d1669e47855c81dd93a74257dd.gif

36 minutes ago, Pawel567 said:

Well to me thats not a big confirmation and they are working on F1 2022 since January - thats how they do the games - but its not impossible.. i just wouldnt get my hopes too high up, even if it might be revolutionary it might not be what players want.. But ill give you the likelyhood of it being revolutionary because for F1 2022 EA is gonna be a part of it😬

• PJTierney changed the title to Portimao, Imola & Jeddah: Out Now ✅
  • PJTierney unpinned this topic