Jump to content Jump to content

Portimao, Imola & Jeddah: Out Now ✅

2 hours ago, Pawel567 said:

This is according to a user on Reddit and a Spanish site that said F1 2022 is going to be revolutionary and the best game yet and they are already working on it.

Users on reddit can tell you everything.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2
9 hours ago, Pawel567 said:

This is according to a user on Reddit and a Spanish site that said F1 2022 is going to be revolutionary and the best game yet and they are already working on it.

Unless there's two rumors breaking out the same week, that is not at all what it seems. The only franchise positively linked to the rumor is the Dirt one, not F1.

@KNT2011, @FTBuzzard and @Meza994, here's what happened. The Reddit thread that got traction was this one, referring to two job listing that made the rounds on the news [1] [2] [3] and not only the job description is heavy on the referencing the Dirt games, it is also for posts at Codemasters Cheshire studio. The F1 games are developed by Codemasters Birmingham.

The newsworthiness of the listing is just the bit "Under the guidance of the Development Director and with support from the production team, you will help handle production of the studios’ next key project – which promises to be the most ambitious and biggest game that Codemasters has made in over a decade!"

The job descriptions:

Codemasters

Codemasters

Heh, I'm not getting extra excited for that.

Edit: Summarizing, Codemasters is working on the next Metal Gear Solid. It's a sequel to Half Life 2.

Edited by marioho
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1
22 minutes ago, marioho said:

Unless there's two rumors breaking out the same week, that is not at all what it seems. The only franchise positively linked to the rumor is the Dirt one, not F1.

@KNT2011, @FTBuzzard and @Meza994, here's what happened. The Reddit thread that got traction was this one, referring to two job listing that made the rounds on the news [1] [2] [3] and not only the job description is heavy on the referencing the Dirt games, it is also for posts at Codemasters Cheshire studio. The F1 games are developed by Codemasters Birmingham.

The newsworthiness of the listing is just the bit "Under the guidance of the Development Director and with support from the production team, you will help handle production of the studios’ next key project – which promises to be the most ambitious and biggest game that Codemasters has made in over a decade!"

The job descriptions:

Codemasters

Codemasters

Edit: Summarizing, Codemasters is working on the next Metal Gear Solid. It's a sequel to Half Life 2.

Thanks for clearing this up😄

3 hours ago, marioho said:

The job descriptions:

Codemasters

Codemasters

Like i said earlier this week, codemasters is more than F1. 😄

Edited by FTBuzzard
  • Agree 1

I call ******** on the revolutionary part. What it probably means their shifting focus on to the PS5 and Xbox Series X/S consoles only. To be revolutionary F1 games would have to include more content or stability. A Rewritten game engine to provide a new stable platform to work on each year, Circuits beyond the calender, The little nuggets of features from PS3/XBOX 360 versions of F1 which are nowhere to be seen on these games. Car body changes as their more flexibility with the 2022 rules from the FIA in this area. Not forgetting those sweet 18inch wheels.  

I'd like to see another Operation flash point from codemasters. But I heard the last one wasn't that good.

Edited by Chromatic
  • Agree 1
36 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

I call ******** on the revolutionary part. What it probably means their shifting focus on to the PS5 and Xbox Series X/S consoles only. To be revolutionary F1 games would have to include more content or stability. A Rewritten game engine to provide a new stable platform to work on each year, Circuits beyond the calender, The little nuggets of features from PS3/XBOX 360 versions of F1 which are nowhere to be seen on these games. Car body changes as their more flexibility with the 2022 rules from the FIA in this area. Not forgetting those sweet 18inch wheels.  

I'd like to see another Operation flash point from codemasters. But I heard the last one wasn't that good.

I can’t see EA pumping tons off cash into codemasters as some think, hope, dream they will.  Just to improve on current game. But I’ve read ego is getting on... So I could see EA authorise cm to develop a new engine that can maximise next gen consoles potential..  For future cm titles.

played the first flashpoint campaign and liked the whole tactical squad format,  and liked it wasn’t just a run and gun and even liked it took time to get good at it..  but i was expecting to be in this huge battle and it ended up being like  a real soldier in a warzone.  If they do Fire their weapons in anger it lasts a few minutes and they never see who they are firing at

• Agree 2

Eh is it here... really really really really I’m so excited i just pee’d myself... Can’t wait to race around Turkey.  I know cm has said turkey is not the patch...  but  it must be from all the idle gossip going around.: It’s got me in a frenzy..: all the new liveries for all the teams....  I’m gunna use them all at the same time  it’s going to be great🙄🤬

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

Eh is it here... really really really really I’m so excited i just pee’d myself... Can’t wait to race around Turkey.  I know cm has said turkey is not the patch...  but  it must be from all the idle gossip going around.: It’s got me in a frenzy..: all the new liveries for all the teams....  I’m gunna use them all at the same time  it’s going to be great🙄🤬

Well, Turkey wont be in the game... 
wont be in any patch 😬

• Confused 1
5 minutes ago, DimitrijeMinic said:

Well, Turkey wont be in the game... 
wont be in any patch 😬

No your wrong I’ve seen about 500 posts where it’s mentioned.  No smoke without fire.  Gunna cook turkey good

• PJTierney changed the title to Portimao, Imola & Jeddah: Out Now ✅
  • PJTierney unpinned this topic