Jump to content Jump to content

Portimao, Imola & Jeddah: Out Now ✅

Loving Imola.
Absolute monster of a track in an F1 car (I never got to drive the 2013 version) and for once I'm not having to worry about auto-spin curbs.

Only issue with it I've noticed is the DRS activation isn't accurate to where the line is. There's a delay.

• Agree 3
2 hours ago, FTBuzzard said:

How do you like Imola ?

I LOVE Imola, I knew I would love it anyways, but being a classic circuit with gravel everywhere, the high speed corners and the small chicane makes it a masterpiece.

4 hours ago, Beans_ said:

Is turkey going be coming out ? 

It's codemasters being typical codemasters nobody knows anything about anything. However with turkey they did say no. Which is a shame. The other circuit will be here Soon™

Edited by Chromatic
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Beans_ said:

Is turkey going be coming out ? 

If they do decide on turkey I would imagine it will be available around latter part for December 

and I bet I’m right 

Edited by ScaredDuck
  • Agree 1

Formula 1 in discussions with Turkey over long-term deal for race (planetf1.com)

Personally I think the more races the better. Some would say it might be a burden to crews in having to many races. If they rotated them with other crews on alternate weekends (especially flyway races in Asia) within the same team it wouldn't so much of a problem anymore. 

Edited by Chromatic
  • Agree 2
13 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

Formula 1 in discussions with Turkey over long-term deal for race (planetf1.com)

Personally I think the more races the better. Some would say it might be a burden to crews in having to many races. If they rotated them with other crews on alternate weekends within the same team however it wouldn't so much of a problem anymore. 

When the new company took over from Bernie they said as f1 is the pinnacle off motor racing and should have a broader appeal... so they said their goal was to make it more competitive more exciting and raise its profile... that’s why there been increasing the amount off races.. if they can fit a race in. Ina country where they could potentially build a strong following:  they will add it

26 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

Personally I think the more races the better. Some would say it might be a burden to crews in having to many races. If they rotated them with other crews on alternate weekends (especially flyway races in Asia) within the same team it wouldn't so much of a problem anymore. 

It is my understanding that there's already rotation in place and that these couple years' triple headers did spray and fray the teams thin a bit - with COVID on top of that. This year's summer break was extra special as per the team staff, media personnel and even drivers I heard from.

This extending of the calendar seems to be met with mixed feelings depending on who you talk about just for the logistics and toll on the people.

Me? Well I love myself a packed calendar and though the flat boring tracks of the middle east do not jingle my bells, I'm here hoping to see more of the good ones.

Cut the awful circuits and add some good ones, Turkey in = Abu Dhabi out... Qatar and Bahrain out and Jeddah right behind it out the door... No country that **** on women should be allowed to have a race... the UAE, Qatar, Bahrain and Saudi Arabia should never have been given an F1 licence on those grounds. Its a disgrace that the treatment of 50% of the population is not raised as an issue when deciding where to go racing, why should any female driver aspire to getting into F1 when F1 thinks its ok to go racing in such countries? Women are not even allowed to own a car in Qatar, Bahrain and the UAE and only recently got that right in Saudi Arabia...though how long that lasts remains to be seen. Its unacceptable that in 2021, F1 is oblivious to these things.

Cricket has a rule that any country playing at the highest level has to have a womens team as well as a mens team, Afghanistan are about to be expelled from the highest rung because the Taliban will ban women from playing. Come on F1 get with the program!

• Agree 4
1 hour ago, KittyFit90 said:

Cut the awful circuits and add some good ones, Turkey in = Abu Dhabi out... Qatar and Bahrain out and Jeddah right behind it out the door... No country that **** on women should be allowed to have a race... the UAE, Qatar, Bahrain and Saudi Arabia should never have been given an F1 licence on those grounds. Its a disgrace that the treatment of 50% of the population is not raised as an issue when deciding where to go racing, why should any female driver aspire to getting into F1 when F1 thinks its ok to go racing in such countries? Women are not even allowed to own a car in Qatar, Bahrain and the UAE and only recently got that right in Saudi Arabia...though how long that lasts remains to be seen. Its unacceptable that in 2021, F1 is oblivious to these things.

Cricket has a rule that any country playing at the highest level has to have a womens team as well as a mens team, Afghanistan are about to be expelled from the highest rung because the Taliban will ban women from playing. Come on F1 get with the program!

While you are right it is still not gonna happen sadly.. Money rules the world and its funny to say but under Ecclestone money was less important than under Liberty Media.. So unless all other race tracks get rich all of a sudden its sadly gonna stay like this😔

• Agree 1
2 hours ago, KittyFit90 said:

And cricket 2021 will be released next month and it has all forms off both men and women’s games. 

And They also have a all female commentary team option

Last game and the game befor that was infested with bugs... but only a small Aussie developer.. and you can tell funds are limited by the graphics.... but once they sorted the bugs... The gameplay is spot on 

Edited by ScaredDuck
  • Like 2

The constant edges for 4 ars still pretty annoying tho lol . Have to agree I still dislike the fact I can't hire a female teammate and take a all female team to the top . And tracks yes there are some awesome tracks that could replace some dull ones , missiano, mugello, le man Moto GP version, would be far better than Abu Dhabi , Baku, Monaco.... Qatar is a decent track it the opening round on the Moto GP games but yes the country ways are not great so have to agree but money talks and even boxing events are going over there as they can pay more . 

• Agree 2

Imola is amazing. Since last year I was looking forward to race at Imola in the game (the day has come, finally). It is amazingly accurate and doesn't look or feel bad even compared to the ACC version. Great job!

I'm already missing the special redbull livery. I hope they'll find a way to keep it in the game. Tracks and liveries...the more they can keep in the game the better. I hope to see Imola and Portimao back in F1 2022 even if out of the calendar...

• Agree 1
9 minutes ago, Sector4 said:

Helmets, too. Treat them like character attires in wrestling games or something.

Yes to a limited degree, its the same basis but especially tracks just add sooo much value to a racing game and even more if its some classics like Imola. The important thing about it would be tho not to replace tracks, while i cant stand Vietnam for instance i bet there are a few players who enjoyed it and would like to have it occasionally in their MyTeam calendar, the more tracks the more people will play the game and have fun with it even after a few hundred hours

Edited by Meza994

Nice job with Imola.   Looks good, feels good.  Nice to have some variety in tracks.

I really hope if Imola and Portimao are left out for next year that we have the option to have them in the game still.  Heck; I'd even be OK with it as a paid DLC package.  It's just nice to have some variety in tracks especially after you get a few seasons in to career mode, or months into the release cycle.  Nice to have some variety to mix it up a bit.

• PJTierney changed the title to Portimao, Imola & Jeddah: Out Now ✅
  • PJTierney unpinned this topic