Jump to content Jump to content

Portimao, Imola & Jeddah: Out Now ✅

28 minutes ago, LoZIO77 said:

Can i add Imola & portimao in current coop carrier during the season?

Or i have to finish the first season of carrier to add the two New tracks?

You will most likely have to finish the season first, can only be added when you work on the calendar at the start of a season

• Social Media & Community Team
7 minutes ago, Sector4 said:

I meant the real drivers. They change helmet designs like socks. 

Bear in mind that anything that exists in the real world needs to be requested/cleared through multiple partners before it could appear in a game*; the dev team can't simply "mod in" a new helmet every week Lando or Sebastian change theirs 🙂 

*Look at the list of credits (specifically the list of licensing credits) for a game. Every single logo/livery/helmet/suit/pitbox/track/car etc. goes through a similar process 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
3 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Bear in mind that anything that exists in the real world needs to be requested/cleared through multiple partners before it could appear in a game*; the dev team can't simply "mod in" a new helmet every week Lando or Sebastian change theirs 🙂 

*Look at the list of credits (specifically the list of licensing credits) for a game. Every single logo/livery/helmet/suit/pitbox/track/car etc. goes through a similar process 🙂 

I know that. 

But if there's a will and so on. Driver transfers in official games were thought impossible for decades, then it happened. 

Depends on how much value EA/Codemasters see in something like this. EA at least could see the dollar signs. Charge 0.99 for every additional design or something. That should help cover some of the licensing costs. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Sector4 said:

I know that. 

But if there's a will and so on. Driver transfers in official games were thought impossible for decades, then it happened. 

Depends on how much value EA/Codemasters see in something like this. EA at least could see the dollar signs. Charge 0.99 for every additional design or something. That should help cover some of the licensing costs. 

True but thats rather something for liveries and tracks.. Yes there are some that would like all the driver helmets but in the end you dont see them most of the time anyway and it affects gameplay even less.. More helmet designs for the player, potentially based on previous real driver helmets, that would be different because, well the current helmet designs often dont satisfy too much - altho this year i have seen better ones than the past years! Anyway having all the helmets in the game that drivers used only for the AI to use would 99% only satisfy those people that think a track isnt good when a bollard is 1 inch off its real life placement😂 cool addition but id rather see a lot of other things making it into the game😄

19 minutes ago, Meza994 said:

True but thats rather something for liveries and tracks.. Yes there are some that would like all the driver helmets but in the end you dont see them most of the time anyway and it affects gameplay even less.. More helmet designs for the player, potentially based on previous real driver helmets, that would be different because, well the current helmet designs often dont satisfy too much - altho this year i have seen better ones than the past years! Anyway having all the helmets in the game that drivers used only for the AI to use would 99% only satisfy those people that think a track isnt good when a bollard is 1 inch off its real life placement😂 cool addition but id rather see a lot of other things making it into the game😄

You don't drive as real drivers in quick races? 

1 minute ago, Sector4 said:

You don't drive as real drivers in quick races? 

I do yes but i honestly dont care for minor differences, sure it would be cool to have more helmets their but to me at least, its such a minor improvement compared to what id like to see in the game.. Its totally fine though that youd like this, i can understand it its just far far less important to me personally

33 minutes ago, Meza994 said:

I do yes but i honestly dont care for minor differences, sure it would be cool to have more helmets their but to me at least, its such a minor improvement compared to what id like to see in the game.. Its totally fine though that youd like this, i can understand it its just far far less important to me personally

Me too, honestly. It's a feature that would be nice to have but not essential. 

• Agree 1
6 hours ago, ScaredDuck said:

Speaking off licensing. Just read that talks between EA and FIFA have broken down.  After two years off negotiations.  I hope it’s FIFA wanting to exploit more cash from EA... They are good at that

AFAIK it's about FIFA wanting more than double the amount of money they have gotten previously AND wanting to limit how EA can use the license.

Over a billion dollars for 4 years to use the name FIFA and have some FIFA competitions like the World Cup in the game is ridiculous. Dropping FIFA won't affect anything else, all the other license deals are with FIFPro, the leagues and the teams. 

• Agree 1
4 hours ago, Sector4 said:

AFAIK it's about FIFA wanting more than double the amount of money they have gotten previously AND wanting to limit how EA can use the license.

Over a billion dollars for 4 years to use the name FIFA and have some FIFA competitions like the World Cup in the game is ridiculous. Dropping FIFA won't affect anything else, all the other license deals are with FIFPro, the leagues and the teams. 

And people hate on EA for being greedy lol thats a whole new level😂

• Agree 1
On 10/16/2021 at 6:59 AM, FS7 said:

2022 calendar, 23 races:

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.23-grands-prix-a-new-venue-and-the-return-of-some-classics-5-key-takeaways.2YwWlY8Z8FmOqnarKmUdCp.html

It would be nice if for F1 2022 CM included Shanghai, Portimao, Hanoi, Hockenheim, and Sepang as additional bonus tracks since all of those tracks have been in recent F1 games.

I so agree with you imagine Sepang with the 2022 cars

On 10/17/2021 at 2:14 AM, HakkinenWDC said:

Hello! I was expecting in the sporting update Bottas' blue cap and gloves that were there in F1 2020 but they are still black!

Did not make it through the circles of stakeholders approval.)) 

• Sad 1
11 hours ago, FTBuzzard said:

I wonder how the stakeholders could approve the white Red Bull but not the white racing suit.

Mystery. Why would they bother if next year Valtteri's cap nor gloves is not blue anyways.  😜

On 10/16/2021 at 11:59 AM, FS7 said:

2022 calendar, 23 races:

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.23-grands-prix-a-new-venue-and-the-return-of-some-classics-5-key-takeaways.2YwWlY8Z8FmOqnarKmUdCp.html

It would be nice if for F1 2022 CM included Shanghai, Portimao, Hanoi, Hockenheim, and Sepang as additional bonus tracks since all of those tracks have been in recent F1 games.

Precisely I'd love to see these recent circuits and knowing EA there's money to be made from stuff like this. I remember when I bought the 90's DLC from F1 2013. Then the complete edition. So EA If your listening get cracking 🙂

7 hours ago, KittyFit90 said:

Hey CM @BarryBL

I'm just gonna say that both Portimao and Imola are epic, so well recreated for the game, a joy to drive. Well done guys and girls!

Same here. Good job codies Portimao & Imola are great. Can't wait to see the Ceddah.

Edited by Chromatic
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
  • PJTierney changed the title to Portimao, Imola & Jeddah: Out Now ✅
  • PJTierney unpinned this topic