Jump to content Jump to content

Portimao, Imola & Jeddah: Out Now ✅

• Social Media & Community Team
12 hours ago, FTBuzzard said:

That Jeddah track is insane, what's your experience with it?

I like the almost flat-out section between Turns 13 and 27.

That first sector though, man it's tough to drive fast.

40 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

I like the almost flat-out section between Turns 13 and 27.

That first sector though, man it's tough to drive fast.

I just started second race off my team season when the update dropped.  So got quite a wait.  With the exception off Monaco. I do well on road circuits.  Must be because off work Like driving fast on public roads.  Lots off hard braking tight corners and hard accelerating with very little or no room for error. But after I watched YouTube off guy getting fastest hot lap.  I was thinking the first sector will be challenging. Esp with controller.

Now I know you’ve found it a challenge.  I have no hope....

Thanks PJ you’ve put me off before I’ve even done a lap😂 (context... tongue in cheek)

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

I just started second race off my team season when the update dropped.  So got quite a wait.  With the exception off Monaco. I do well on road circuits.  Must be because off work Like driving fast on public roads.  Lots off hard braking tight corners and hard accelerating with very little or no room for error. But after I watched YouTube off guy getting fastest hot lap.  I was thinking the first sector will be challenging. Esp with controller.

Now I know you’ve found it a challenge.  I have no hope....

To me the first sector is surely a challenge but i find the two braking corners before the final corner more difficult.. The run off is very forgiving and the kerbs are also a bit irritating on some corners because they are on the actual track and not behind the white line so if you go for "stay only with two wheels on the actual track" its really not too bad but a good challenge to the throttle application.. I just feel like its much better for races ingame than IRL.. even 25% dirty can be somewhat bad in the fast turns but IRL is around 40% but dont worry you only got 15%😜

3 minutes ago, Meza994 said:

To me the first sector is surely a challenge but i find the two braking corners before the final corner more difficult.. The run off is very forgiving and the kerbs are also a bit irritating on some corners because they are on the actual track and not behind the white line so if you go for "stay only with two wheels on the actual track" its really not too bad but a good challenge to the throttle application.. I just feel like its much better for races ingame than IRL.. even 25% dirty can be somewhat bad in the fast turns but IRL is around 40% but dont worry you only got 15%😜

First chicane on the back stretch, slight brake and downshift to 5th.

Second chicane (under the buildings), slight brake and downshift to 6th. You can almost get away with not braking there.

Everything else on that back half is flat-out.

20 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Second chicane (under the buildings), slight brake and downshift to 6th. You can almost get away with not braking there.

Haha yeah i know that😜 maybe its just the higher dirty air that i play with or more rear stable setup that makes the turn in harder.. Thats my only problem there at 103 AI but thanks anyway😄 and yes im aware that its all my own fault😛

14 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

I really miss being able to select lean Mode in race.  Gerring better engine braking would come in handy.

40 minutes ago, Meza994 said:

Haha yeah i know that😜 maybe its just the higher dirty air that i play with or more rear stable setup that makes the turn in harder.. Thats my only problem there at 103 AI but thanks anyway😄 and yes im aware that its all my own fault😛

103 AI, you're faster than me so don't bother listening to what I say 😄 

(I'm on 85-90 but I haven't been sweating this game much, Rally is where I try to "be fast")

23 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

103 AI, you're faster than me so don't bother listening to what I say 😄 

(I'm on 85-90 but I haven't been sweating this game much, Rally is where I try to "be fast")

Haha its all fine, everybody can have a good advice and after all you guys are always worth a consideration!😄

I was never a guy for rally but i can see it being very fun, its much more of a challenge to wrestle the car around AND be fast at it. Doesnt matter in the end if we drive at 40, 90 or 110, important is that we enjoy it!😄

• Agree 1
On 11/16/2021 at 8:36 PM, FTBuzzard said:

That Jeddah track is insane, what's your experience with it?

I like it. It's perfectly made for time trial, I think.   Short races are okay enough but i've not done a long to full one yet to see how that fares.

Not sure how it'll actually play out in an actual real life race though.  People thought Baku would be lousy and but that's traditionally gone quite well and it's similar to that in general feel (to me, at least), except faster.  

I AM SO HAPPY YOU DIDNT DEVELOP QUATAR FOR THIS GAME 🤣🤣🤣🤣 from fp1 " real telemetry " there I so much full throttle sections, and we are in fp1...in the game there would again be bad circuit telemetry..like on 95% of tracks...braking when you should be flat...

AND PLEASE DONT EVEN CONSIDER IT ON F1 2022..WAIT FOR 2023 RATHER AND MAKE IT RIGHT.

10 hours ago, Marko4455 said:

I AM SO HAPPY YOU DIDNT DEVELOP QUATAR FOR THIS GAME 🤣🤣🤣🤣 from fp1 " real telemetry " there I so much full throttle sections, and we are in fp1...in the game there would again be bad circuit telemetry..like on 95% of tracks...braking when you should be flat...

AND PLEASE DONT EVEN CONSIDER IT ON F1 2022..WAIT FOR 2023 RATHER AND MAKE IT RIGHT.

There is no race in Qatar in 2022. Their contract will begin in 2023. From what I’ve read it will be a different circuit, most likely a street race.

7 hours ago, Jobling1983 said:

There is no race in Qatar in 2022. Their contract will begin in 2023. From what I’ve read it will be a different circuit, most likely a street race.

never heard of that..but ok, then the right time for track release would be 2023..when they will have telemetry...

JUST MY OPINNION

21 hours ago, Jobling1983 said:

Yes, in Doha. Another street race, simply lovely. Can't wait for the day when Formula 1 has more street races on the calendar than Formula memE.

Doha-Qatar.jpg

On 11/23/2021 at 7:30 PM, FTBuzzard said:

Next Year: Portimao out

Boooo... Would be a shame to remove one of the best tracks in game.

We should kind of find a way, that all the effort for these tracks was not in vain and that you could re-use them in upcoming iterations of the game, outside of the "official" championships if you must. Think of some kind of "track collection" that you can carry along into future titles, if you only had bought the former titles. In addition, you could buy them later in some kind of DLC, if you wanted to. It might even pay off for the devs, to keep these tracks up to date / well maintained / tested with current AI, given how often races / tracks are being swapped due to the pandemic. It is not that there are so many tracks that are eligible to hold F1 races all over sudden, worldwide.

Why not carry along, what you have put effort into earlier?

• Agree 1
3 hours ago, Schneehase said:

On a different note, I recall a developer posting about F2 car liveries of 2021 included into the game within November as well, so does this mean we will see a patch on monday or tuesday, is that sheduled?

Probably got pushed to December. The F2 pack will be released in the same patch with Istanbul Park and Losail. 

• Haha 1
21 minutes ago, Sector4 said:

Probably got pushed to December. The F2 pack will be released in the same patch with Istanbul Park and Losail. 

Actually with how the highspeed sections in Jeddah turned out id actually like Qatar in the game, just feels amazing to nail those very high speed corners and Turkey would be even better... Shame thats not gonna happen😭