Jump to content Jump to content

Portimao, Imola & Jeddah: Out Now ✅

Sorry, but if in an official F1 Game more than 10% of the tracks are not available - this is a bad joke!!! I don‘t wanna get an OFFICIAL game, where new tracks don‘t come this year, like some users mean. Do you wanna kidding me??? 🤨 I don‘t understand, that someone agree this.

I just hope that the 2022 calendar will be more stable and all of this won't occur anymore.

Also I'm really looking forward to the three tracks especially Imola. After 11 years with Codemasters F1 titles it is the first time we can race on that track. EXCITING!

And another important thing, DON'T rush them. Nothing worse if they stand out quality wise from the base tracks.

Edited by MAK
2 hours ago, WegMat said:

Sorry, but if in an official F1 Game more than 10% of the tracks are not available - this is a bad joke!!! I don‘t wanna get an OFFICIAL game, where new tracks don‘t come this year, like some users mean. Do you wanna kidding me??? 🤨 I don‘t understand, that someone agree this.

ok though jeddah's layout only got revealed at the end of march so obviously it's going to take them time to make the track and the calendar that had changed completely was out in january so obviously they don't have enough time to know and make the tracks by the time they announce them

On 7/17/2021 at 11:11 PM, Shark2Racing said:

To be honest - if the driving model would have not being so huge and nice - I would have reclaimed my purchase on steam 

there is no excuse to delay tracks and improvements if the title of the game is creating expectations that can’t be fulfilled! 
A lot casuals will be buying an unfinished piece software at the time it is published 

And still contains a lot of issues being reported over years …..

Agreed the same could be said for the damage model. I feel it's not the same than what was mentioned in the beta. 

1 hour ago, MAK said:

Also I'm really looking forward to the three tracks especially Imola. After 11 years with Codemasters F1 titles it is the first time we can race on that track. EXCITING!

maxresdefault.jpg

I meant in an official F1 calendar with recent cars not the 2013 one which wasn't part of the 2013 official calendar.

Edited by MAK

It's pretty clear to me the tracks issue is a resource and budget issue, both of which could be fixed by EA....so it's really in EA's hands in my opinion. EA does own Codemasters now and EA's resources are basically endless. That being said, resources (and by that I mean talent/people) get shared and borrowed between projects in big companies all the time, so it would not surprise me if EA supplied a small ninja team to help work on tracks for some time, IF they consider it a benefit to the brand.

2 minutes ago, CptBalloonhands said:

It's pretty clear to me the tracks issue is a resource and budget issue, both of which could be fixed by EA....so it's really in EA's hands in my opinion. EA does own Codemasters now and EA's resources are basically endless. That being said, resources (and by that I mean talent/people) get shared and borrowed between projects in big companies all the time, so it would not surprise me if EA supplied a small ninja team to help work on tracks for some time, IF they consider it a benefit to the brand.

I don't expect it
EA is not known for making many changes to their sports games.

2 hours ago, FTBuzzard said:

I don't expect it

True. Even their biggest budget game BFV got the plug pulled and funding stopped when they realised it had not performed like they had hoped, they didn't even get to finish the scheduled DLCs and roadmap, cut it 2 years short. 

On 7/26/2021 at 7:42 PM, TomAAA said:

True. Even their biggest budget game BFV got the plug pulled and funding stopped when they realised it had not performed like they had hoped, they didn't even get to finish the scheduled DLCs and roadmap, cut it 2 years short. 

That was more so dice's decision to do and they made that game to kind of flop something which they have since very much learned with how their new game looks this year which has something quite innotive by ripper effects. 

Edited by Nightfire1964
On 7/26/2021 at 6:14 PM, FTBuzzard said:

I don't expect it

Even though I agree they make minimal changes to their offline modes.  Having all the teams, tracks etc. is easy wins and with EA's other sport franchises they always seem to have all the latest stadiums etc. in their games.  Very easy selling points and I would be very surprised if EA has the same approach as Codemasters with new tracks etc.  

1 hour ago, R9NALD09 said:

Even though I agree they make minimal changes to their offline modes.  Having all the teams, tracks etc. is easy wins and with EA's other sport franchises they always seem to have all the latest stadiums etc. in their games.  Very easy selling points and I would be very surprised if EA has the same approach as Codemasters with new tracks etc.  

I think it's fair to say though that new tracks are rather more complicated to implement, since they directly influence gameplay rather than just being background graphics. The issue here is how long a change takes to be implemented, not whether it will happen.

41 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

I think it's fair to say though that new tracks are rather more complicated to implement, since they directly influence gameplay rather than just being background graphics. The issue here is how long a change takes to be implemented, not whether it will happen.

True, at least EA has multiple teams that can assist.  Let's hope for the best

4 hours ago, R9NALD09 said:

The good thing about EA, they care about classic content and they udate their sports game with patches, the bad thing is NHL, Madden, NBA Live and FIFA outside of FUT have received minimal new features. I tell you that will be a big problem if players will get the same Formula 1 game every year.
But to be fair, it's still Codemasters working on the game, not EA directly.

I've been wondering the same thing. Anyone have any thoughts on when these tracks are added, will we be able to just simply add them into our leagues/My Teams (Co op) or will we have to restart them entirely to play?

I guess the frustrating thing to me about this is that literally all they did was add a story, change the HUD, tweaked the downforce, and added 3 driver reactions to winning. Oh, and changed the gui of the menu a little bit. But somehow managed to break other basic things which in last year's game worked fine. I feel like i can speak for 90+% of player when I say we'd rather them had spent the time making the new circuits than add a story mode that takes only a few hours to beat. 

On 7/26/2021 at 12:12 PM, CptBalloonhands said:

I think that's the problem. EA destroys literally everything it touches. Despite having all of these resources. I seriously don't understand how the largest video game company arguably in the the world, is SOOOOOO bad at making video games.  My opinion is that their fatal flaw is that they focus so much on making games "immursive, that they miss all of the little details in games that make them fun, good, and reliable. They're focused so much on the big picture that they miss the small stuff that makes the difference. 

On 7/23/2021 at 8:28 PM, Chromatic said:

To be fair I get the impression your using excuses to deflect for the lack of preparedness on codemasters behalf. Either they hire & train more workers to to meet last minute additions/changes or you outsource staff or run the risk of NDA breaches to get the task done within the timescale. That's how companies work. Neither is been met. As every variable is been spread too thin. And that's their fault for not planning ahead since circuits were announced last year.

"Resources have to be bought and paid for, would you rather put the track design out to tender each time there's a new one? That means short contract programmers knowing how the game is designed and then leaving. That's a recipe for commercial disaster"

Yes I hear what your trying to say about resources. Everything has to be paid for the same for resources in any company. Would I rather put the design out to tender at this point? Well yeah actually. Can't get much worse at this current state. Since codemasters don't have people to complete the task within a certain timescale. If codemasters had those individual's to complete with a certain timescale? NO a tender wouldn't be needed. Short term programmers & collaborations short or long term with studios are not a bad avenue to pursue. We Create | Studio Gobo I couldn't care less to see every grade 1 FIA track in the world created. Only the ones in last ten to fifteen years over the course of iterations of games would suffice. 

The race is "subject to homologation of the circuit

Don't they have cad data beforehand? In order to create the best visualization of said circuit from that?

If that was the case wouldn't they codemasters have no choice but to update all turn's to the current standards?

Which doesn't happen anyway. And in that it indicates room for flexibility with homologation of circuit in a game. As long the obligation of the complete calender is fully represented.   

Hey but we have a story mode everyone! It takes a whole day to beat it, so I feel like Codemasters' time doing that instead of working on new circuits is well justified! lol

• Haha 1
17 hours ago, FTBuzzard said:

The good thing about EA, they care about classic content and they udate their sports game with patches, the bad thing is NHL, Madden, NBA Live and FIFA outside of FUT have received minimal new features. I tell you that will be a big problem if players will get the same Formula 1 game every year.
But to be fair, it's still Codemasters working on the game, not EA directly.

The issue with EA is that the only sport where they actually have competition they got completely steamrolled.  NBA Live is as close to dead as possible because they couldn't keep up with 2K.  In their other franchises, which imo F1 will follow suite, they just bought out the competition with exclusive rights.  F1 already has no competition, so I highly doubt we'll see big improvements from year to year.

I reckon it will be similar to FIFA, lots of hoo-haa about latest tracks, rules and broadcast presentation but little to no improvement in career modes.

Regardless who is working on it, the top management of Codemasters have already left and the decisions come from the top.  Doesn't matter how passionate Codemasters team is about the game, EA will dictate its direction going forward.  And I find it hard to see the passion in Codemasters' F1 games up to this point.

28 minutes ago, R9NALD09 said:

The issue with EA is that the only sport where they actually have competition they got completely steamrolled.  NBA Live is as close to dead as possible because they couldn't keep up with 2K.  In their other franchises, which imo F1 will follow suite, they just bought out the competition with exclusive rights.  F1 already has no competition, so I highly doubt we'll see big improvements from year to year.

I reckon it will be similar to FIFA, lots of hoo-haa about latest tracks, rules and broadcast presentation but little to no improvement in career modes.

Regardless who is working on it, the top management of Codemasters have already left and the decisions come from the top.  Doesn't matter how passionate Codemasters team is about the game, EA will dictate its direction going forward.  And I find it hard to see the passion in Codemasters' F1 games up to this point.

thats what i try to say. EA is the worst choice, the only thing they care about their sports games is the money maker FUT in FIFA.

• Agree 1
2 hours ago, Neumannat0r said:

I've been wondering the same thing. Anyone have any thoughts on when these tracks are added, will we be able to just simply add them into our leagues/My Teams (Co op) or will we have to restart them entirely to play?

In terms of leagues, I think many host their races in private lobbies rather than using the in-game league function, and going this way would give you full control to use a new track whenever you wish.

For My Team we've been told that new tracks will be able to be added at the start of the next season.

• Like 1

At this point, why not open up the possibility to import via modding tracks from previous games like it was possible F1 2013/2014?

Is this year's AI so different from 2019/2020 AI?

Just now, pspps1 said:

I can't comment on 2019 but the AI is a good step up in performance from 2020, and the car performance is also different. So if you were thinking in terms of if there would need to be work done to get the AI to 'work' on newly imported tracks then I'm sure the answer is yes.

2 hours ago, pspps1 said:

At this point, why not open up the possibility to import via modding tracks from previous games like it was possible F1 2013/2014?

Thats not an option for consoles

This was istanbul in the 2011 F1 game look how accurate the track was in comparison to reality. Wow. Look at the curbs and the billboards. It is nearly perfect and not laser scanned.

To bad the game runs no more for me since Win 10

This is Portimao Algarve Circuit in Grid Autosport: Not bad for a game from 2014

Edited by MadEvilBeavis76
  • Agree 1
35 minutes ago, MadEvilBeavis76 said:

This was istanbul in the 2011 F1 game look how accurate the track was in comparison to reality. Wow. Look at the curbs and the billboards. It is nearly perfect and not laser scanned.

for the fact that it is supposed to be nearly perfect, there are quite a few complaints in the video.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1
  • PJTierney changed the title to Portimao, Imola & Jeddah: Out Now ✅