Jump to content Jump to content

Portimao, Imola & Jeddah: Out Now ✅

8 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

Those bollards back in the day were lethal & all over the place if you hit one it was an instant DNF into the phantom zone. 

everything was better in the past ...😆

7 minutes ago, FTBuzzard said:

everything was better in the past ...😆

Ah yes those were the day's. We could play online at release don't you know, Unlike now. 😉

Edited by Chromatic

However did games 10-20 years ago used to cope with no way of updating or fixing bugs? I mean has there ever been an F1 game where a race that was due to be part of the calendar wasn't on it because they haven't been able to build it? I'm possibly just being harsh as I think they only released a track layout a few months ago. But part of the draw in me buying the game this early was to drive on new tracks, something i've been gagging CM to do for countless years, only to see that they aren't on here (yet). My own fault I should have checked it out before of course. Not only have 2021 tracks not been included with the game release, you've taken away classic cars, taken away the short tracks? I can't play multiplayer as it's broken. How you get away with releasing games in the state that you do every single year I have no idea.

1 hour ago, Currriss said:

However did games 10-20 years ago used to cope with no way of updating or fixing bugs? I mean has there ever been an F1 game where a race that was due to be part of the calendar wasn't on it because they haven't been able to build it? 

the thing is that the f1 games from the past were not developed by the same developer every year.
and there was no pandemic to give everything away.

14 hours ago, Currriss said:

However did games 10-20 years ago used to cope with no way of updating or fixing bugs?

13 hours ago, FTBuzzard said:

the thing is that the f1 games from the past were not developed by the same developer every year.
and there was no pandemic to give everything away.

I have to agree that the internet with its ability to distribute huge amounts of data to everyone on the planet has lead to a habit / culture of game developers releasing / selling games way before they are finished, especially when compared to old games, who had to sell in a box, on some kind of data storing devices like floppy disks, CDs, DVDs, cartridges or similar. This has a positive side as well though, because nowadays companies can raise the attractiveness of games by adding in (free) content later, and / or extend the life cycle of their games by releasing (payed) DLCs. Also, the extended development cycle is somewhat needed for annually released games like the F1 franchise, as you would not be able to conclude such a project in way less than a year, with all the changes you are forced to implement due to being the "official" game for F1. It clearly shows now, as we receive some tracks with a delay.

Besides, in old times the F1 tracks did not change so often, most of them were driven on for many years, and it was not so easy to convince (pay!) Bernie Ecclestone into different tracks. There was also the Concorde agreemeent between teams / FIA which lead to kind of a standstill, compared to nowadays.

And no, after more than a year the pandemic is no excuse any more, ask me running a small company (not gaming though, way more "classic"): you have either adapted to this situation by now, or you have lost your staff / customers / revenues or all of them. Customers have no more / zero understanding meanwhile for not receiving what they paid for, due to the pandemic. For a businessman that may have worked through 2020, but people do not by this argument any more. My company is times late on delivering this and that, and believe me the pandemic is no working excuse for any of that, eventhough we lost a lot of manhours / working hours due to it.

• Like 2

F1 97 included Jerez and Estoril as at the time of release in September as it wasn't clear which track would be used for the season final (Estoril needed some safety work).

So back in 1997 they included additional circuits to cover all bases.

Edited by Sadler
  • Haha 2

Apologies if this question has been answered on here before, but does anyone know how long it takes for tracks to be created for racing games? Maybe someone with development experience can shed some light? 

Edited by WestHam66
58 minutes ago, WestHam66 said:

Apologies if this question has been answered on here before, but does anyone know how long it takes for tracks to be created for racing games? Maybe someone with development experience can shed some light? 

they have said it usually takes a year or so i think to make a track

4 minutes ago, CZPZ said:

Nah its too much I think

Please, enlighten us lad, how long it takes to design and create a whole circuit from scratch. I'm sure we'd all like to know. 

Do be sure to note your experience in the field as well so we're all informed. 

• Disagree 1
1 hour ago, Thesahinonur said:

I watched a video that states there are sound files of David Croft’s race intro and outro for Istanbul Park. Will it be adding as an update?

Possibly from a previous game?

There is no expectation that this track will be added to F1 2021 currently.

25 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Possibly from a previous game?

There is no expectation that this track will be added to F1 2021 currently.

I dont think so, because he says “intercity ist park”. In 2011 amd 10 games it was called “istanbul park” no intercity.

here is the video in Turkish language. 
Sound files can be listened from 1:50 

Edited by Thesahinonur
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, WestHam66 said:

21 hours ago, Nightfire1964 said:

they have said it usually takes a year or so i think to make a track

My understanding was it took a man year. Not a year. So depending on how the work can be divided up 4 people would be 3 months if all the work could be divided evenly, which it can’t be and at some point adding more people does not add speed. Maybe I misunderstood it when they said it a few years back.

8 hours ago, Thesahinonur said:

Sound files can be listened from 1:50 

Thank you so much for the link - there is still hope then, we wont give up on that hope, even if it has been stated by Codies staff earlier, that Turkey GP will NOT be released for F1 2021. At the moment i dont think I can judge what will really happen...

27 minutes ago, Schneehase said:

Thank you so much for the link - there is still hope then, we wont give up on that hope, even if it has been stated by Codies staff earlier, that Turkey GP will NOT be released for F1 2021. At the moment i dont think I can judge what will really happen...

Codies said there won't be Istanbul in the game, how can you still have hope?
Do you think they're liars?

46 minutes ago, FTBuzzard said:

Codies said there won't be Istanbul in the game, how can you still have hope?

I did not quote the rest of your message, because excuse me, I will not comment on it, since it is so far off of what I really wrote above.

Well, I do recall in early 2021, when noone knew about Imola coming to the F1 2021 game, first hopes were raised when there was an italian (?) voice recording leak as the very first information we had. That gives me hope, even if other information available now is pointing into the other direction. But you never give up, you never give in (especially so if you simulate being a F1 driver) 😄 

• Agree 1
46 minutes ago, Schneehase said:

I did not quote the rest of your message, because excuse me, I will not comment on it, since it is so far off of what I really wrote above.

Well, I do recall in early 2021, when noone knew about Imola coming to the F1 2021 game, first hopes were raised when there was an italian (?) voice recording leak as the very first information we had. That gives me hope, even if other information available now is pointing into the other direction. But you never give up, you never give in (especially so if you simulate being a F1 driver) 😄 

but this time those infoemations comes directly from codemasters, and why should they say no to turkey if it's in? that makes no sense.

and afterwards people complain again that they are disappointed that the turkey gp is not in the game, although coodemastes has confirmed it several times. 

Edited by FTBuzzard
1 hour ago, FTBuzzard said:

but this time those infoemations comes directly from codemasters, and why should they say no to turkey if it's in? that makes no sense.

Agree, but there are many possible reasons for this and its no need to name them here. Make of it what you will, and please let me dream my dreams - i like my dreams, even if they do not seem realistic as of today.

9 hours ago, Schneehase said:

Agree, but there are many possible reasons for this and its no need to name them here. Make of it what you will, and please let me dream my dreams - i like my dreams, even if they do not seem realistic as of today.

I'm totally with you on this and would love for them to do the ol' 'Gotcha!' and put Turkey in anyway as a nice surprise.

However, I think it raises two questions. 

1. Why say it isn't and have your playerbase moaning incessantly at you when you intend to deliver it anyway?  That sounds like a poor marketing strategy to lower public perception of you before doing the ol' switcheroo.
  2. If they hammer on saying that it isn't coming and then they put it in anyway, would anyone trust their word again?   Like, say next year the same thing happens and they put Malaysia on the calendar at short notice. Codemasters then say "it's not happening" but nobody would take their word for it as there is a precedent that would be set that they cave to pressure and put tracks in when people complain.

• PJTierney changed the title to Portimao, Imola & Jeddah: Out Now ✅