Jump to content Jump to content

Portimao, Imola & Jeddah: Out Now ✅

They've always been very vocal that they're coming but they've simultaneously been very evasive about a date when they come.  They definitely have never stated it will arrive in July and the expected arrival date is under much dispute.

Some say it'll be much further towards the end of the year from late October to Early January window. 

Others say that 2 of them will arrive before long and Jeddah will be later. 

Basically we have no information on when they will arrive, just that they will at some point. Probably with a short amount of notice. 

Regarding whether it's fair to make people pay for an 'unfinished game'. That's a can of worms that has been opened up a fair amount of times in recent posts regarding a whole range of different topics. However, the promise that they'll deliver the tracks isn't one they've broken. At least, not yet in any case. 

• Administrator
4 hours ago, FTBuzzard said:

@BarryBL
could you please enlighten us?
People seem to believe you more than they do with PJTierney

I can.

Same answer I'm afraid, Turkey will NOT be in F1 2021. Can confirm this 100%. The 3 tracks mentioned in this thread (Imola, Portimao and Jeddah) will be coming, but we have no ETA at this time.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
12 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

I can.

Same answer I'm afraid, Turkey will NOT be in F1 2021. Can confirm this 100%. The 3 tracks mentioned in this thread (Imola, Portimao and Jeddah) will be coming, but we have no ETA at this time.

Can you clear up a discussion we were having on a different thread.

when all the tracks are released will we be able to have a calendar with 23 races?

cheers

24 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

I can.

Thanks for the clarification.
I hope this clears up any doubts.

3 hours ago, fwarlleyalmeida said:

had been promised a free DLC still in July that would release an update with the new tracks but so far no updates and only bug fixes in the game. It's not fair to pay for such an expensive game and not keep the promises that were made.

Where did they promise this as I have never them say this

• Like 1
3 hours ago, BarryBL said:

I can.

That's nice 😞 I can't really call the games "official" anymore after being announced three times in a two year period as part of the official calender. Suppose in the end it is, what it is.

Edited by Chromatic
  • Disagree 1
2 hours ago, Chromatic said:

That's nice 😞 I can't really call the games "official" anymore after being announced three times in a two year period as part of the official calender. Suppose in the end it is, what it is.

Yeah but how many times has the calendar changed this year. Turkey wasn't in the original one it was added to fill in a gp then it got cancelled and now it's back on the calender like what are they supposed to do

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

We don´t konow how the calendar will look in a month on this pandemic. The situation with new versions of the covid 19 virus and new hotspots can change the F1 calendar every week. At the moment turkey is in the calendar and the netherlands, but in this times you could not know if this are final. Maybe we see a race in mugello instead of turkey or the netherlands. Who knows? 

We can be lucky that we have a 2021 one game with the new cars and the new drivers at the moment and that three new tracks are confirmed. CM never said that the new tracks came out of july. 

I think we have payed to much for the game at the moment. Without the full content it is to expensive. They should sell the deluxe edition as the standard content at the moment. It is not really deluxe. This should be the standard version at the moment, because it is an unfinished game.

Turkey would be a nice gift and maybe codies surprise us and give us the track on christmas 🙂

Edited by MadEvilBeavis76
  • Agree 3
2 hours ago, marioho said:

@Nightfire1964 yep. The same applies to sprint races. I've posted this already somewhere, but up to late March sprint qualifying was still completely in the air, with the teams and the FIA settling on the matter only in April. That is, without even deciding on the venues that would hold them and where they would slot in the calendar.

Sprint qualifying is slightly different, but yeah it's a similar premise.  It was also only a fortnight or so before Silverstone that they actually provided how it would fully actually work so they could have changed the whole premise last minute anyway!  

The Sprint races also aren't part of the official calendar as rules and regulations governing a race weekend as currently it is only a trial event. The general perception of the sprint races when they were announced was; the lack of regulation changes from last year meant they thought that the season might be more stagnant and it needed occasional things to spice it up and a reformat to try new things would be a way of achieving that.  This format (sprint qualifying) was one that they weren't intending to continue post this season anyway so it's a throwaway idea. 

Therefore it was never expected to be included in the game as it was never going to be a 'thing' post the 3 races so not really worth diverting resource for something that isn't a permanent fixture, may have been dropped entirely or amended at a moments notice. 

17 hours ago, fwarlleyalmeida said:

had been promised a free DLC still in July that would release an update with the new tracks but so far no updates and only bug fixes in the game. It's not fair to pay for such an expensive game and not keep the promises that were made.

They did promise the new tracks but not once have they set a date and always just said that it be sometime after the game came out but could not say when so no promises have been broken and of course  any company wants to fix bugs first( cyberpunk is great example of fixing bugs first and putting back other stuff). So complaining about paying for such a expensive game and no keeping promises is totally false as codemasters have been honest all the time along with reasoning why they doing it too so no need for the shouting.

Well, we can discuss all year what the results of the pandemic were, or how difficult it is to react on changes, or how much effort it was to implement new tracks. For me, this all comes down to 2 things though:

1. If you buy an "official game" you want to play the real thing. Period. If you knew in advance, that it will not be possible, you would probably not buy or wait. If its not possible we have to agree, that the 1 year development cycle simply is not enough and / or the game is being released too early
  2. It has been an unstable FIA calendar with perpetual changes for 2 consecutive years now. At least for the 2022 iteration of the game, the devs should take this into account and release a game with several "backup" circuits and the ability for players to build a calendar from these (including myteam, not excluding it as it is now). It would perfectly reflect things if you can ditch several GPs from the calender while adding others (in myteam it was even fun if that was random)

Times it has been said that legal issues do not allow either of these. If so, that significantly lowers the games appeal for me and past 2021 I will have to reconsider buying.

• Agree 1
26 minutes ago, Schneehase said:

If you buy an "official game" you want to play the real thing. Period. If you knew in advance, that it will not be possible, you would probably not buy or wait.

We did know.

I need Imola, like, yesterday.

I need it. One of my favourite tracks.

Also, CM got a sucker in me if they ever decide to add tracks via DLC. Turkey? India? Valencia? I'm all in.

2 minutes ago, Ryne said:

Also, CM got a sucker in me if they ever decide to add tracks via DLC. Turkey? India? Valencia? I'm all in.

I think nobody would say no to extra tracks. 😄
the more the better.

Edited by FTBuzzard
  • Agree 1

I agree and disagree with different parts of this.

54 minutes ago, Schneehase said:
  1. If you buy an "official game" you want to play the real thing. 

Within reason, yes,  It has to cater for both the casual fan, the sim fan and the person who hovers in the middle. I get your point though was more about the calendar though. 

54 minutes ago, Schneehase said:

If you knew in advance, that it will not be possible, you would probably not buy or wait.

Well, they did say they were coming later and that was vocalised repeatedly so, beyond a point, it is partially on the end user for not doing efficient research if they were unaware.  I agree this doesn't dectract from the fact that an end user shouldn't reasonably expect just under a 1/7 of the tracks to be missing for months. 

1 hour ago, Schneehase said:

If its not possible we have to agree, that the 1 year development cycle simply is not enough and / or the game is being released too early

They have a rotating 2 year cycle of development so really they have two years at a time to plan, and create, a game. So I'm unsure if that's the underlying issue but, in honesty, makes it look even worse by comparison of having nearly double the time. (although it's harder to plan for changes).   Regarding the game being released too early, pushing it back would only be effective once as you'd have 18 months between that game and the next, but then still only 12 between that and the following one. Otherwise you'd miss a season out.   Plus, at the end of a season, less people would be into playing it as the game is already outdated as the next real-life season would begin within 2-3 months with newer cars so it's a case of striking while the iron is hot in interest. 

It has been an unstable FIA calendar with perpetual changes for 2 consecutive years now. At least for the 2022 iteration of the game, the devs should take this into account and release a game with several "backup" circuits and the ability for players to build a calendar from these (including myteam, not excluding it as it is now). It would perfectly reflect things if you can ditch several GPs from the calender while adding others (in myteam it was even fun if that was random)

I mean, this is something they should do anyway regardless of whether the calendar is stable or not.  It's a brilliant idea to add more flexibility, variety and customisation. 

Emphasis on not excluding it from MyTeam as that feels more of an afterthought this year. 

Times it has been said that legal issues do not allow either of these. If so, that significantly lowers the games appeal for me and past 2021 I will have to reconsider buying.

I do wonder about this. I get that some things are licensing issues but, for other things, are they?  It just seems like a convenient excuse for other things.  Maybe EA will be more helpful with licensing issues as they used to have a strength in that field.   

2 hours ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

you'd have 18 months between that game and the next, but then still only 12 between that and the following one

Unless you would be planning for it, releasing a full price version every 2 years, and a DLC with tracks / car designs / calendar inbetween. But thats already far off topic here, I think.

I mean, this is something they should do anyway regardless of whether the calendar is stable or not.  It's a brilliant idea to add more flexibility, variety and customisation. 

Emphasis on not excluding it from MyTeam as that feels more of an afterthought this year. 

Unfortunately @BarryBLhas stated somewhere, that doing the very same variety with myteam as they are currently doing with grand prix mode would not be possible due to legal issues. I will dig it out if i manage to find it. Edit: Here it was:

I do wonder about this. I get that some things are licensing issues but, for other things, are they? 

See above the link to what @BarryBLwrote, and I must admit that I do not understand the reasoning behind it, as it seems to me that something that is allowed in "real" grand prix mode can not be legally forbidden in "fictional" myteam mode. But still I am sure @BarryBLis 100% correct with this, its just that i do not understand why due to my lack of legal info on this subject. Regardless, it is a shame because it would be just this very variety of the calendar regarding track choice and order and number of races, that would add a lot of replayability and spice to the myteam playmode.

Also, below is our previous suggestion on this very subject:

Edited by Schneehase
  • Agree 2
15 hours ago, Nightfire1964 said:

Yeah but how many times has the calendar changed this year. Turkey wasn't in the original one it was added to fill in a gp then it got cancelled and now it's back on the calender like what are they supposed to do

Give us a complete game with the tracks on the calender. It's their fault not planning ahead when the tracks were first announced.

Edited by Chromatic

@BarryBL The way I see it, you don't have to build Portimao or Imola yourselves, if you can get Sightly Mad to give CM their models. Granted, I'm unsure if that'd happen (CM owning SMS helps a lot) and how long tweaking their physics for F1 2021 would take (provided the former happens). Of course, you'd still have to build Jeddah, which may put the combined DLC off until autumn or winter—at the earliest and depending when you guys could start work on the track.

@Chromatic The calendar changes couldn't have happened very long before the season started, at which point the game was likely to have been in the later stages of developement. Thus, no amount of planning ahead could've gotten Portimao and Imola in the game on time (even if CM did get their models from SMS (in Project CARS 3)). As late as Istanbul Park was added to the schedule, CM couldn't possibly add it to the game. I don't think CM could've gotten into Saudi Arabia to scan Jeddah's track before last autumn at the earliest (more likely to have been winter).

Edited by TurkeySloth2107

Hi @BarryBL

I've got a question about the new tracks. Will Codemasters wait to have all the tracks ready and then upload them to the game or each track will be uploaded separately? 

I don't know if you can answer this, but thanks anyways.

3 hours ago, Chromatic said:

Give us a complete game with the tracks on the calender. It's their fault not planning ahead when the tracks were first announced.

Ahh yes because everyone planned how to deal with the pandemic and knew that the calender would be significantly different from what we are used to be normal. 28th April Canada got cancelled and Turkey was announced to replace this race then less a month later the Turkish gp was cancelled on the 17th of May and then it came back to the calender on the 25th June. How are expected to create something that keeps changing so often

Edited by Nightfire1964
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • PJTierney changed the title to Portimao, Imola & Jeddah: Out Now ✅
  • PJTierney unpinned this topic