Jump to content Jump to content

Portimao & Imola: Out Now ✅ • Jeddah: November

9 hours ago, Leatherface740 said:

A French streamer, Hydro, interviewed a certain Dan from Codemasters, he would have told him that the tracks would be available in September and Hydro repeated it in two of his videos on Youtube

The links of the videos, for those who understand French,    

https://youtu.be/ijaZcPpjNa4?t=185

https://youtu.be/rJ6EbnVVlXQ?t=420

Did he say all tracks? As far as I know Jeddah is still under construction.

Does anyone know how long the time is from 1 podium pass ending to the next 1 starting?

I’ve done a bit of working out and presuming it’s a week from 1 ending to the next 1 starting.

So PP1 started 13th July and runs for 57 days(8 weeks). If there’s a 1 week wait for PP2 that would mean PP2 begins 14th Sept. That would make it the 3rd week of September and possible release of tracks as being speculated.

• Administrator
46 minutes ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

Yeah, there's a guy called Daniel on another site who says they're coming next month.  I've no idea who he is but all the others treat him as a god so I imagine he must have more intricate knowledge than us mere mortals who feed on scraps of rumour.

Supposedly the 3rd week of September.  Absolutely zero proof and without official notice from CM, it's just hearsay. 

Got a link on that @SmokyAtom07

No confirmed date at this exact time on any of the releases. If you have, please send me a DM

3 hours ago, DT340 said:

Does anyone know how long the time is from 1 podium pass ending to the next 1 starting?.

I don't think it was a fixed time last game but there was always a gap, rather that the next one starting immediately.

50 minutes ago, CptBalloonhands said:

there is always an internal date.

That's what I was thinking since many official eSports drivers have said that they know exactly when the tracks will be released. 

2 hours ago, CptBalloonhands said:

there is always an internal date.

Yes codemasters internal dates. Where dates are external from a source & internal dates are announced much later usually on the same date.    

On 8/12/2021 at 3:21 PM, marioho said:

Really like the Red Bull Ring. Never raced in Sepang, Istanbul, Buddh, Korea and Nurburgring, but the first three here are of fame and well regarded by fans and drivers alike, as far as I know. And Bahrain, Shanghai, COTA and Baku may have sections that displease some people, but they all have character and I personally love racing on them. Singapore is also a hell of an event on the calendar.

Sepang and Istanbul are a couple  off my favs.. however it’s almost  exactly like China.. not just because they were designed by the same guy around the same time.  But I think they used all the exact same materials from tarmac, curbs and fake grass. Instanbul and when you start constantly nailing the forever tightening corner.     Is rewarding.  Because before nailing.  You get it rich once every race

• Agree 1
On 8/17/2021 at 6:18 PM, Sector4 said:

That's what I was thinking since many official eSports drivers have said that they know exactly when the tracks will be released. 

Of course though, we, the people who buy the game, just get told "no official date" yet, but people who PAY to play or sponsors know the dates lol.  Truly amazing.  At least an estimated date would be appreciated, but nope..  then you got barry wanting to know who's telling other than the template answer so he can yell at them for giving away TOP secret info.  🙄🙄

• Agree 1
8 minutes ago, AdamComer said:

Hockenheim is not on the calendar this year so is also not in the game.

But Codemaster has this circuit. We could have put together our f1 calendar with our own circuits. 

25 minutes ago, QuickH said:

But Codemaster has this circuit. We could have put together our f1 calendar with our own circuits. 

I believe Codemasters are only licenced to include specific tracks in the game. They can't just unilaterally decide to add any track they fancy.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2
1 hour ago, QuickH said:

In order to integrate tracks, drivers and cars in the game, codemasters needs licenses, and apparently they don't have those license for Hockenheim anymore.

• Agree 3
  • Social Media & Community Team

Yup, where feasible/possible the game is intended to replicate the real-world championship season and Hockenheim isn't on this year's calendar.

21 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Yup, where feasible/possible the game is intended to replicate the real-world championship season and Hockenheim isn't on this year's calendar.

I can guess the answer but would it be possible to have tracks in addition to the official calendar in future games? Like the short tracks just fan favourite tracks not appearing in the real calendar? Would be a huge feature for every possible game mode but i know licensing is probably the biggest no about this but it would add so much replayability haha

Edited by Meza994
  • Like 1
  • Social Media & Community Team

Not my call to make or speculate on.

• As a player: gimme all the tracks! 😄 
  • As somebody that works where I do: Hoo boy that's a lot of work for the dev team.
  • Haha 1
10 minutes ago, Meza994 said:

I can guess the answer but would it be possible to have tracks in addition to the official calendar in future games? Like the short tracks just fan favourite tracks not appearing in the real calendar? Would be a huge feature for every possible game mode but i know licensing is probably the biggest no about this but it would add so much replayability haha

I don't think that licenses will be the problem, it's just that designing tracks takes a long time. 

6 minutes ago, FTBuzzard said:

I don't think that licenses will be the problem, it's just that designing tracks takes a long time. 

Theyve got most of the tracks still in the current engine so its only a little overhaul in sponsors and such (Hockenheim, Sepang and probably for next year Imola and Portimao) the other big part aside of licensing would be probably the teaching the AI how to go all the tracks

• PJTierney changed the title to Portimao & Imola: Out Now ✅ • Jeddah: November