Jump to content Jump to content

Portimao & Imola: Out Now ✅ • Jeddah: November

35 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Not my call to make or speculate on.

• As a player: gimme all the tracks! 😄 
  • As somebody that works where I do: Hoo boy that's a lot of work for the dev team.

Fair enough haha thanks anyway😄

13 minutes ago, Craig8921 said:

When talking about licenses for tracks, I was wondering, do they need separate licenses for each individual track, or is just 1 license that covers the entire calendar for that season?

For the calendar idk but every additional track would need a license of that specific track i think, similar to the classic cars and drivers, when Prost says no then they couldnt implement him in the game

3 hours ago, Meza994 said:

Theyve got most of the tracks still in the current engine so its only a little overhaul in sponsors and such (Hockenheim, Sepang and probably for next year Imola and Portimao) the other big part aside of licensing would be probably the teaching the AI how to go all the tracks

Wich tracks are you talking about? I just see hockenheim, Vietnam and sepang could be updated, other tracks have to been designed from beginning.

4 minutes ago, FTBuzzard said:

Wich tracks are you talking about? I just see hockenheim, Vietnam and sepang could be updated, other tracks have to been designed from beginning.

Imola anr Portimao will likely not be on the calendar next year so they would be in there too but other than that theyd probably have a little more work (if possible) to convert Istanbul Park, Nürburgring and India (all the tracks i consider good for a track pool) into the current engine, all those tracks together would make a quite big track pool to choose from with what will be on the calendar anyway but i know this will not happen sadly

12 minutes ago, Meza994 said:

Imola anr Portimao will likely not be on the calendar next year so they would be in there too but other than that theyd probably have a little more work (if possible) to convert Istanbul Park, Nürburgring and India (all the tracks i consider good for a track pool) into the current engine, abll those tracks together would make a quite big track pool to choose from with what will e on the calendar anyway but i know this will not happen sadly

Im not sure if converting tracks to current engine works that way, afaik imola was in 2013 as dlc, but they couldn't convert it, so they have to rebuild it from scratch.
And rebuilding a track could last almost a year, as codematsers mentioned somewhere.
don't imagine it to be that easy.
If it were easy, codemasters would certainly do something about it.

1 minute ago, FTBuzzard said:

Im not sure if converting tracks to current engine works that way, afaik imola was in 2013 as dlc, but they couldn't convert it, so they have to rebuild it from scratch.
And rebuilding a track could last almost a year, as codematsers mentioned somewhere.
don't imagine it to be that easy.
If it were easy, codemasters would certainly do something about it.

Well the older engine yes but like Hockenheim and Sepang certainly fairly easy and afaik the longer part was teaching the racing line to the AI which would still apply, not saying this would all be quick or anything but its a thing that would improve the game a lot and if they could just add 1-2 tracks per year (depending on how many tracks they must add for the calendar anyway) id be more than happy, slowly growing track pool would be all one can ask haha

1 minute ago, Meza994 said:

would improve the game a lot and if they could just add 1-2 tracks per year 

they added Zandvoort and Hanoi last year this year we get Imola, Portimao and Jeddah. 
5 new tracks in 2 year isn't nothing.

11 minutes ago, FTBuzzard said:

they added Zandvoort and Hanoi last year this year we get Imola, Portimao and Jeddah. 
5 new tracks in 2 year isn't nothing.

I probably worded it wrong, im with you there its good and id wont that to keep going on but those tracks were only added because they were on the calendar and if not for braking point its likely that China would have joined Hanoi in being out of the game.. I want them to keep those tracks they add (well Hanoi was bad but you get the idea lol) not only the current calendar but im aware its qutie a lot of work, hopefully with EAs funding this can happen in the future

7 minutes ago, Meza994 said:

I probably worded it wrong, im with you there its good and id wont that to keep going on but those tracks were only added because they were on the calendar and if not for braking point its likely that China would have joined Hanoi in being out of the game.. I want them to keep those tracks they add (well Hanoi was bad but you get the idea lol) not only the current calendar but im aware its qutie a lot of work, hopefully with EAs funding this can happen in the future

do you remember what happened to the classic cars?
Same can happen with classic tracks ;D

3 minutes ago, FTBuzzard said:

do you remember what happened to the classic cars?
Same can happen with classic tracks ;D

Well classic cars didnt need as much as the tracks would need😂 sooo yeah its unlikely but one can always hope haha

I get that it takes a while for tracks new to be added in the game but could someone who potentially works for Codies let me alongside many others know when we will see these track in the F1 2021 game please? I mean surely it wont take until the real life Jeddah race will it? If your not sure then just say a month that is most likely. 

1 hour ago, FTBuzzard said:

i meant first there were increased, 2018 even had 70s cars, then decreased with 19 and 20, until they completely disappeared this year.

I know what you mean haha i also dont get why they took them out, only reason i can think of is that they would need to change them all for the new handling model too and didnt have the capacities for it

On 8/2/2021 at 10:39 AM, SmokyAtom07 said:

They've always been very vocal that they're coming but they've simultaneously been very evasive about a date when they come.  They definitely have never stated it will arrive in July and the expected arrival date is under much dispute.

Some say it'll be much further towards the end of the year from late October to Early January window. 

Others say that 2 of them will arrive before long and Jeddah will be later. 

Basically we have no information on when they will arrive, just that they will at some point. Probably with a short amount of notice. 

Regarding whether it's fair to make people pay for an 'unfinished game'. That's a can of worms that has been opened up a fair amount of times in recent posts regarding a whole range of different topics. However, the promise that they'll deliver the tracks isn't one they've broken. At least, not yet in any case. 

If you ever noticed the game developer trying to evade mentioning about certain update or inclusion of whatever feature wanted by players, then the said contents are more than likely either no where near finish or won't even be included at all.

Pretty much all the games I had play the last 10 years were exactly like this. That's why I've long stopped about joining the hype train of any games before their releases, and simply pretend I didn't know anything or what's to come in their life cycle. It's just the curse of modern games, at the very least, things will most likely be fix eventually, unlike back then when online update wasn't even a thing yet.  

No expectation = no disappointment = very effective 👌

• Agree 1

They only added some of these tracks in as they had no other choice in order to best represent the calender. I've said this before it wouldn't look good for "THE OFFICIAL F1 GAME" to have the same circuit two years in a row in real life. Without it featuring within the game.

At this stage codemasters are unprepared to constant changes some of which is out of there hands. Other changes & issues (bugs) not so much. It's one of the many disadvantages & downsides of running with such a small team. The amount of bugs and problems and inability to keep up with calender changes proves just that. What's clear is tracks outside the calender is really needed. Which can only be done with a bigger team with some restructuring. My hope is EA rectify this (doubt it will happen) the only alternative is what we have now more bugs more features, unresolved in the future games. 

One would hope that EA buying Codemasters would mean an increase in staff numbers, but I'm not so sure that will happen. If anything, with EA involved, the only thing we should expect from subsequent F1 games is in-game purchases and even fewer issues being fixed. Just ask any FIFA player!

57 minutes ago, WestHam66 said:

One would hope that EA buying Codemasters would mean an increase in staff numbers, but I'm not so sure that will happen. If anything, with EA involved, the only thing we should expect from subsequent F1 games is in-game purchases and even fewer issues being fixed. Just ask any FIFA player!

You say that... but Star Wars squadrons is ea.   And no In game purchases at all.  Not sure but believe it is an exercise by ea.  

That also been said was a case on 🇬🇧 news about a boy who ran up £6000 on his dads credit card buying stuff on fifa... ea payed dad back

i cant help but post stars wars related stuff on this thread 

Edited by ScaredDuck
1 hour ago, ScaredDuck said:

You say that... but Star Wars squadrons is ea.   And no In game purchases at all.  Not sure but believe it is an exercise by ea.  

That also been said was a case on 🇬🇧 news about a boy who ran up £6000 on his dads credit card buying stuff on fifa... ea payed dad back

i cant help but post stars wars related stuff on this thread 

£6000 is a drop in the ocean for them. It also makes great PR

On 8/26/2021 at 6:37 AM, WestHam66 said:

£6000 is a drop in the ocean for them. It also makes great PR

That's probably the key. For a game like Fifa, parents won't let their children buy it if they're worried about racking up monstrous debts. 

£6000 is probably about 80-120 people buying the game when it first comes out if you consider the cost of the different versions.  So you can really inconvenience one Dad and lose way more users than you'd make off that, or you can say "don't sweat it, just learn the lesson for next time" and look good and maybe even get a few more parents to trust your brand and therefore more purchases.

These companies know what they're doing when it comes to consumer relations, even if it doesn't look like it sometimes. 

• Agree 1

Go to bbc news ( other news outlets are available ) and search fifa loot boxes and you’ll find lots off stories going back a few years on how unwitting parents have let their kids run up huge bills.  I wouldn’t say it’s a pr success.  Esp as a ea exec likened loot boxes to kinder eggs

Edited by ScaredDuck
  • Agree 1
3 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

Go to bbc news ( other news outlets are available ) and search fifa loot boxes and you’ll find lots off stories going back a few years on how unwitting parents have let their kids run up huge bills.  I wouldn’t say it’s a pr success.  Esp as a ea exec likened loot boxes to kinder eggs

Loot boxes, microtransactions and any hidden payments for DLC have been a popularity disaster across all games for years, but that is offset by their financial gains of the ones that don't rack up huge bills. The concept of them is unpopular but as long as they don't flatly refuse to return extortionate amounts of money then they usually come out of it looking decent enough, so that's where the PR gain is when they let parents off for their kids' mistakes. 

1 minute ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

Loot boxes, microtransactions and any hidden payments for DLC have been a popularity disaster across all games for years, but that is offset by their financial gains of the ones that don't rack up huge bills. The concept of them is unpopular but as long as they don't flatly refuse to return extortionate amounts of money then they usually come out of it looking decent enough, so that's where the PR gain is when they let parents off for their kids' mistakes. 

I get your point... but I noticed some off these stories were in the last week... meaning more it’s reported no matter how developers try and spin it they won’t stop the noose from tightening.

Just now, ScaredDuck said:

I get your point... but I noticed some off these stories were in the last week... meaning more it’s reported no matter how developers try and spin it they won’t stop the noose from tightening.

I expect they'll be every other week or so that it happens.  The fact that kids mistakenly abuse loot boxes isn't the bad PR but if there are stories where they flatly refused to refund hundreds, or thousands, of pounds, then that's where the stories are damaging.

They'll never stop utilising microtransactions in games that big but people generally accept it. The metaphorical noose isn't something they'll concern themselves with.  Although, F1 isn't as big as football, so it's possible they don't have the swing room to leverage consumers with pay-to-win things like they do in other games. 

• PJTierney changed the title to Portimao & Imola: Out Now ✅ • Jeddah: November