Jump to content Jump to content

Portimao & Imola: Out Now ✅ • Jeddah: November


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

I expect they'll be every other week or so that it happens.  The fact that kids mistakenly abuse loot boxes isn't the bad PR but if there are stories where they flatly refused to refund hundreds, or thousands, of pounds, then that's where the stories are damaging.

They'll never stop utilising microtransactions in games that big but people generally accept it. The metaphorical noose isn't something they'll concern themselves with.  Although, F1 isn't as big as football, so it's possible they don't have the swing room to leverage consumers with pay-to-win things like they do in other games. 

Another Star Wars reference in this thread by me.

didnt ea change battlefront 2 pay to win model because off backlash they received.

 

your bean avatar freaks me out for some reason 

anyway I’ll shut up now before someone tells me off for taking to many threads off topic

Edited by ScaredDuck
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Nightfire1964 said:

Well just seen Turkey may possibly not happen now with it remaining in the red tier list of countries. Hence why things like this codemasters keep on track with what they have said 

Turkey was a great track when it was in the game 

Link to post
Share on other sites

With news that Qatar will potentially be coming, Brazil potentially being moved to mid November and Turkey potentially dropping out;.. I hope Codemasters have prepared accordingly for all of these changes to be included by the end of the month or I will have no choice but to be outraged they didn't see it coming back in March 2020 as everyone could predict that this exact scenario was going to happen ever since that first McLaren employee spluttered his first cough in Australia.

I'm sure we'll be receiving confirmation that it'll all be in place ready to go by the end of the week. Personally, i'm excited to drive around the Diabolica this time on the 1st of September! No excuses as it takes someone decent at coding no longer than a Bank Holiday Weekend to whip up a track. I saw it on the internet, so it must be true. 

  • Haha 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

With news that Qatar will potentially be coming, Brazil potentially being moved to mid November and Turkey potentially dropping out;.. I hope Codemasters have prepared accordingly for all of these changes to be included by the end of the month or I will have no choice but to be outraged they didn't see it coming back in March 2020 as everyone could predict that this exact scenario was going to happen ever since that first McLaren employee spluttered his first cough in Australia.

I'm sure we'll be receiving confirmation that it'll all be in place ready to go by the end of the week. Personally, i'm excited to drive around the Diabolica this time on the 1st of September! No excuses as it takes someone decent at coding no longer than a Bank Holiday Weekend to whip up a track. I saw it on the internet, so it must be true. 

Yeah it’s proper easy to do a track... a gran turismo game I had on ps3 I made loads off custom tracks in just a few hours... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ScaredDuck said:

Yeah it’s proper easy to do a track... a gran turismo game I had on ps3 I made loads off custom tracks in just a few hours... 

You are comparing “making” custom tracks using pre-existing assets on a PS3 title to building three brand new tracks from the ground up, accurately, and with working AI, camera angles, practice gates and accurate surroundings for a current-gen official F1 title. It’s not the same thing at all. 

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CptBalloonhands said:

You are comparing “making” custom tracks using pre-existing assets on a PS3 title to building three brand new tracks from the ground up, accurately, and with working AI, camera angles, practice gates and accurate surroundings for a current-gen official F1 title. It’s not the same thing at all. 

Dude I was joking... I know that

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CptBalloonhands said:

my bad then, it’s hard to know sometimes if people are serious or not 😉

Don’t mention it.  👍🏻😁

re-reading what I posted I can see there wasn’t much context in how I put it

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, porpule2 said:

Looks pretty finished to me

I do think it's due soon however your leap of logic here to get from a thumbnail image to the whole track being finished is pretty impressive :classic_laugh:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, silb05 said:

The track itself may look finished, we don't know how far they are with programming the AI, among other things

Agree totally then when they do come out be prepared for patches and driver stat updates as they try to fix all the problems they create due to lack of comprehensive testing. Also remember they have to program what needs yellow flags on new circuits, safety car stuff etc , all takes time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • PJTierney changed the title to Portimao & Imola: Out Now ✅ • Jeddah: November

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...