Jump to content Jump to content

Portimao & Imola: Out Now ✅ • Jeddah: November

1 hour ago, Ultra3142 said:

What platform was this on @CP8? Seems odd. Did you spot if the overall install size had changed after install?

Not strange at all. What you downloaded is the latest update file, which clearly couldn't have been on the disc version that was finalised some time before the games release date.

I'm on PS4, now it is 75.01 GB. I don't how much was before. If it is useful on the case says it is at least 50 GB

1 minute ago, CP8 said:

I'm on PS4, now it is 75.01 GB. I don't how much was before. If it is useful on the case says it is at least 50 GB

My guess is that was about the original size, since the PS5 game is about 64 GB and they tend to be smaller. I'm certain you haven't gained 35 GB of additional data. It's odd you has such a huge download though. It would be interesting if other PS4 players did...

• Thanks 1

It looks like Codies are teasing Portugal on social media. Look at the P and O in these tweets. If tomorrow’s tweet is is R i think we can confirm Portugal announcement  is coming soon in 6-7 days.

4F831695-CD80-494A-9CD9-CD3098569901.jpeg

Edited by AdamComer
25 minutes ago, AdamComer said:

It looks like Codies are teasing Portugal on social media. Look at the P and O in these tweets. If tomorrow’s tweet is is R i think we can confirm Portugal announcement  is coming soon in 6-7 days.

Already noted on the previous page but good to have screenshots of it.

Edited by Sector4
2 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

My guess is that was about the original size, since the PS5 game is about 64 GB and they tend to be smaller. I'm certain you haven't gained 35 GB of additional data. It's odd you has such a huge download though. It would be interesting if other PS4 players did...

PS4 here, only the regular 1.09 small update

• Like 1
18 hours ago, FS7 said:

If CM had included Nurburgring, Mugello, Imola, Portimao, and Turkey back in F1 2020 then they would only need to work on Jeddah & updates for Spain, Australia & Abu Dhabi for F1 2021.

I mentioned something similar earlier in the thread but I was shouted down. With such a small team unwilling to increase it's size. One of many reasons why were in this position now with Portimao Imola and Jeddah plus lots of bugs after release. 

Edited by Chromatic
7 minutes ago, L0n3w0lf69 said:

it's not just the 4 track's we are missing it's also the sprint races and they call this the OFFICAL F1 Game lol

Bears repeating:

[...]

From as late as March 25th, there sprint races were still in the air. The decision was made only on late April and in these terms:

Formula 1 is set to debut the Sprint Qualifying format at three Grands Prix in 2021, following an agreement reached between the FIA, Formula 1 and all 10 teams on the grid – with two European venues and one non-European one set to host the format, with those venues to be announced in due course.

To implement this novelty in the game changes would have to be made on everything from menus and UX to the structure of virtually every game mode out there – except maybe online racing. The fact that F2 have sprint races already does not help that much as adapting with the ball already running like this (late April!) would be... strenuous, to say the least. Believe it or not, it is not a simple matter of CTRL + V the F2 code. Haha even with modest tools like Word and plain text I still cannot approve a document made by an intern in my office for the real probability of they messing up the format when pasting whatever base text it was tasked them to append!

Above all though, I don't think there was near enough time to write and record the voiceover of all the much needed new lines that the addition of sprint qualifying requires. No way. Even assuming that they were in the green with the budget, just imagine trying to fix this all up with the voice actors' and official Liberty Media professionals' schedule.

Sprint qualifying is yet a test feature on real F1, no word yet if it's going to turn into a fixed feature of the sport. 

I lament the lack of new tracks, a more transparent setup interface, a more robust telemetry system. I lament the lack of updates for the tracks already in the game. And better AI on the wet, car performance closer to the real ones, etc.

However I will not write on their debt list the absence of a test feature decided upon only on late April with a very unpretentious run on this season to probably not even come back next year.

• Agree 3
3 minutes ago, Ramon018 said:

Did you guys realize about this?

On the real season start, you can see Turkey. Before it wasnt there. If we would never get the track, shouldn't be there right? It says exactly the same as Portugal or Imola.

Already explained on this forum by Codemasters staff.

They will only add the results of Turkey to the real season start, not the actual track. 

• Agree 1
2 minutes ago, FTBuzzard said:

where?

Portugal. Definintely, 100% confirmed it's in Portugal :classic_biggrin:.

(Everyone's just going by the official F1 game tweets but it does seem a pretty safe bet that we'll have the Portimao track soon I think :classic_smile:.)

• Like 1
  • PJTierney changed the title to Portimao & Imola: Out Now ✅ • Jeddah: November