Jump to content Jump to content

Portimao & Imola: Out Now ✅ • Jeddah: November

4 minutes ago, JeremyKrueger said:

tracks like Jeddah likely have not yet been laser scanned and probably wont be until race weekend so im guessing a month or 2 after actual race

Most tracks in the game are not based on laser scan data. This is not a prerequisite for Codemasters to produce the track.

All we actually know has been succinctly summarised above by @steviejay69 above. 

• PJTierney changed the title to Imola, Portimao and Jeddah, when?
30 minutes ago, JeremyKrueger said:

tracks like Jeddah likely have not yet been laser scanned and probably wont be until race weekend so im guessing a month or 2 after actual race

We had Vietnam named without ever racing there so not everything is laser scanned

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
49 minutes ago, Luke1991 said:

Thank the lord we never raced at that god awful circuit.

I think it's a shame we never got to see a race there. I'd rather see that than Zandvoort.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 6
15 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

during the game’s lifecycle

That is very vague and does not even reveal if it will be during this year. Understandable though, mods simply do not have more information available.

Personally I would estimate somewhen in autumn, and if not it would be nice to have the tracks later this year. Anywhere past new year i think most buyers would regard as a letdown though.

Just now, Schneehase said:

Wooooooow that would be so ******* awesome, I hope its not just a random bug.

if you try to play it, it says something like :this track is not selectable in f1 2021, please choose another starting point.

2 minutes ago, KillingJoke197 said:

That is the flag of Singapore which looks very similar to the Turkish.

No, it's the Turkish flag. You may be onto something in that perhaps it was meant to be the Singapore flag though.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Guys, it‘s nothing special. Lee explained that the mode is working even when tracks will change due to Covid and won‘t be available in the game. After the Turkish GP you can start from the next GP with the current standings and that‘s it unfortunately.

• Thanks 2

I do not know why turkey is not in the game, because turkey was a track in the past and in the series of codemasters F1 Games. The most tracks are using the same assets like on the beginning of CM´s F1 series, they put only more details to the track. Look at spa they use the same assets since years.

Why they can´t use now the tracks of PCars and import the tracks for Portimao and Imola. Slightly Mad is Codemasters. PCars 2 tracks are much more like the originals. Portimao was in Grid2, the same for istambul and it looks good.

They must not produce new tracks in total. Only the Yeddah track. It would be better they concentrate more on the old tracks and not yeddah and give us more quality for the old tracks. No game has the yeddah track in a final version and the track is not final. They should use the time to create yeddah for the F1 2022 game to garanty more quality.

Edited by MadEvilBeavis76
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
49 minutes ago, MadEvilBeavis76 said:

I do not know why turkey is not in the game, because turkey was a track in the past and in the series of codemasters F1 Games. The most tracks are using the same assets like on the beginning of CM´s F1 series, they put only more details to the track. Look at spa they use the same assets since years.

Why they can´t use now the tracks of PCars and import the tracks for Portimao and Imola. Slightly Mad is Codemasters. PCars 2 tracks are much more like the originals. Portimao was in Grid2, the same for istambul and it looks good.

They must not produce new tracks in total. Only the Yeddah track. It would be better they concentrate more on the old tracks and not yeddah and give us more quality for the old tracks. No game has the yeddah track in a final version and the track is not final. They should use the time to create yeddah for the F1 2022 game to garanty more quality.

it's simple that was made ages ago on the ego engine like you're getting something 2 gaming generations old now so there would be still allot of remastering and changes to do for ai enviroments lighting etc it's not a simple copy and paste. they could get data and stuff from slightly mad for the track but at the end of the day there is allot they have to do like what i said before and these things take time. you can't just say they shouldn't focus on this track because we haven't had it yet or we haven't raced their as that's ridiculous. it was in the calendar for allot longer than turkey was so it has every right to be in the 2021 whereas turkey has gone back and forth and hey it could still get cancelled like wouldn't surprise me if something like that happens, we have had a crazy 1-2 years with the pandemic.

• Agree 1

I know that is not a simple copy and paste, but this has nothing to do at this state with a full price game. A lot of gamer not want a story mode like breaking point. They put the whole afford into the story mode but not the rest of the game. It is not an easy time with covid, but to throw out a game in this state and the deluxe edition is in Euro 85 Euros is not correct. The shop is working from day one correctly. Now you have only really bad looking items in the default game for my team. 

I will not get childish, but the most games were more and more released in an unfinished stadium and never get finished.

Sorry for my grammar. English is not my native language or Speak.

I´m not concentrated at the moment. I found more and more bugs in the game.

Edited by MadEvilBeavis76
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 2
7 minutes ago, MadEvilBeavis76 said:

I know that is not a simple copy and paste, but this has nothing to do at this state with a full price game. A lot of gamer not want a story mode like breaking point. They put the whole afford into the story mode but not the rest of the game. It is not an easy time with covid, but to throw out a game in this state and the deluxe edition is in Euro 85 Euros is not correct. The shop is working from day one correctly. Now you have only really bad looking items in the default game for my team. 

I will not get childish, but the most games were more and more released in an unfinished stadium and never get finished.

Sorry for my grammar. English is not my native language or Speak.

I´m not concentrated at the moment. I found more and more bugs in the game.

According to codemasters it takes up to a year to build a track, there is simply not enough time with the annual release, and turkey was added to the race calendar, then cancelled and then finally jumped in again for singapore, that was a back and forth and probably long too late to react for codemasters.
And to breaking point: yes, it may be that not all people like a storymode, but it's codemasters game, they get to decide what they want to work on and what not.
That they put Imola, Portimao and Jedda in the game was on request of the fans, but every fan request are not always realizable in time. One year is not much development time.

And about the bugs: No one can show me a game that has no bugs, bug-free has never existed in the gaming industry and never will.

The development time should be 2 years. An update of cars would be a better solution and put the season of 2021 in the new game like EA do it with the F1 Games before Codemasters was the developper. The problem is the full price at the moment. Now it is like a fifa game at the moment. At the last years we have the classic cars content. I have spend so much time in time trial and grand prix mode to drive the older v10 and v12 cars. 

The deluxe driver update with the former F1 Champions makes no sense for me at the moment. I´ve not the time to play three seasons to by one of the drivers for my team. It would be a good opinion that you can play the drivers in the grand prix mode. Why they put not the cars into the game. We have all the cars of the drivers. Sennas Cars, Prost Cars and a lot of Schumachers Cars. Is Mansell n the Pack? I cannot play anything of the delue content if I spend a lot of time into the my team mode. 

This was different in the previous games.  

2 hours ago, PaddySk said:

Guys, it‘s nothing special. Lee explained that the mode is working even when tracks will change due to Covid and won‘t be available in the game. After the Turkish GP you can start from the next GP with the current standings and that‘s it unfortunately.

Checking the race calendar, my bet is someone changed the flag but forgot to update the associated text. At least in the German version.

1 hour ago, MadEvilBeavis76 said:

Just on this point I'll say that personally I would rather have the Jeddah track than a historic alternative, particularly if the track can be in the game before the race there. Not that there is any question of what Codemasters will actually do in this regard - Jeddah will be in the game.

Edited by Ultra3142
  • PJTierney changed the title to Portimao & Imola: Out Now ✅ • Jeddah: November