Jump to content Jump to content

Portimao & Imola: Out Now ✅ • Jeddah: November


Recommended Posts

I think they must outsource the work of creating tracks. THe best solution is to release a new game every two years, not every year. Use a smaller team to supporting the previous and working instead for two years on the new game. For carreer mode you have automatically two different seasons with the old and new cars. I need not the F2 Cars every year instead the actual season from the last year. 
This game is really not done yet. 
I hope Codemasters give us support like on the previous games, because it is EA yet. 

But I have a very bad example of the near past. It is not a racing title but full price. The Mass Effect Legendary Edition. No support since 2 month. The only game. I have no hope that they do anything on the game. I think the big online reviewers and online press is a problem too. F1 becomes very high ratings from the most magazines the same for other titles like Mass Effect LE or Cybertrash 2077.
 

You cannot trust anymore the most online magazines or a lot of influencers. They pray for the game and tell us not how bugged the game really is. I´don´t know if they become different versions for testing sometimes. 
This new game is at the moment really in every discipline not done yet. The good thing is the new driving model, the new engine sounds, the smarter AI (not performance wise) and the more realistic colours of the tracks. 
 

I hope they can fix a lot of this bugs like on the other games. In the past CM was very fast in releasing patches and throw out it on every platform. Sometimes the patches should be longer tested in the QA. 

I have a good solution that we can play the games early and become a more polished product on release. Early access is the key. 🙂 I think this is the best solution for racing games. You must integrate more the racing community in the creating process. I mean not only the E sports leauge racers and you tube, twitch influencers. That is the wrong way. 

Edited by MadEvilBeavis76
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure there are commercial reasons not to but I do think a longer time from the beta testing period till launch would be a good idea, to give more time to fix issues raised. Certainly this year and last there are lots of issues still present at launch that were raised by beta testers. My suggestion would also hopefully give the Codemasters team an easier launch period.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wlad2110 said:

I don't really like "free" stuff

I prefer FREE stuff

Or the best is just simple free stuff

It's not really free though.

Or did you not know that the internet is a pay to view platform because of all the stuff you need to get online and get the tracks?

Has to be "free" because of course it is not free, you pay for the game and you pay to access the network to download the content and in some instances, require it to play specific modes or gain access / achievements.

  • Thanks 1
  • Disagree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/18/2021 at 12:22 PM, steviejay69 said:

The expected timeline for the release is not yet publicly known.

It is clear on all release information and the EULA that the fulfilment will occur during the game’s lifecycle, that they are not available at release and will be ‘free’ once they are available.

Is it known if these tracks will be incorporated into a full season schedule or just available for time trial or online? I mentioned this in the suggestion thread, but to repeat it here, would really like the ability to adjust the season schedule to my liking in either a 23 race or 20 race schedule. Also, to add in my two cents since I am thinking of it. I was left a little disappointed last year that there was no DLC when it came to tracks or even additional drivers. I know that this should be stated in the suggestion thread, but will Codemasters look into coming out with DLC for other tracks that F1 was raced on, such as Hockenheim, Nurburgring, Turkey?

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, heartcell11 said:

Is it known if these tracks will be incorporated into a full season schedule or just available for time trial or online? I mentioned this in the suggestion thread, but to repeat it here, would really like the ability to adjust the season schedule to my liking in either a 23 race or 20 race schedule. Also, to add in my two cents since I am thinking of it. I was left a little disappointed last year that there was no DLC when it came to tracks or even additional drivers. I know that this should be stated in the suggestion thread, but will Codemasters look into coming out with DLC for other tracks that F1 was raced on, such as Hockenheim, Nurburgring, Turkey?

They will be available in career/MyTeam when they’re available.  However, not overly sure if they’d work in existing saves.  I’d guess so though… 

Ability to adjust schedule is a very common request, particularly for season 2 and beyond. 
I wouldn’t expect any additional drivers, except for the F2 2021 lineup in Grand Prix mode.  The icons are your extra playfriends for this year. 
in terms of tracks, maybe in the future editions but definitely not this one. They’ve been very vocal that it’s only the additional three coming this year and that’s it.   No news on plans for future games though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

However, not overly sure if they’d work in existing saves.

BarryBL has posted to say they definitely will, from the next career season. It will not be necessary to start a brand new career to include the new tracks.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, heartcell11 said:

Is it known if these tracks will be incorporated into a full season schedule or just available for time trial or online? I mentioned this in the suggestion thread, but to repeat it here, would really like the ability to adjust the season schedule to my liking in either a 23 race or 20 race schedule. Also, to add in my two cents since I am thinking of it. I was left a little disappointed last year that there was no DLC when it came to tracks or even additional drivers. I know that this should be stated in the suggestion thread, but will Codemasters look into coming out with DLC for other tracks that F1 was raced on, such as Hockenheim, Nurburgring, Turkey?

Yes, the tracks will integrate into the game. They will be part of all game modes. I don’t know where you even get the notion they will be just TT.

As for the last year DLC and additional tracks this has been asked and answered many times.

Due to the pandemic and changes to schedules at short notice additional tracks are not going to be made available. The proposed season calendar at the point that game reaches a cut off date for signing off is what we have available in the 2020 game and the proposed 2021 calendar is to be delivered as stated.

There will be no additional tracks released as DLC paid or otherwise for either game.

it should be obvious with a game releasing this year minus three tracks at the outset and fulfilment promised that that is no small undertaking in itself.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, FTBuzzard said:

Thats not true.
I mean, codemastres cut tracks because they're not part of f1 anymore (Sepang, Valencia) 
 

And it's not like we're not getting any new tracks at all.
In F1 20 we got 2 brand new tracks (Zandvoort and Hanoi) and this year there are also 2 brand new tracks (Portimao and Jeddah) plus Imola returns to the series, which was last raced in 2013.

I think you can expect 2-3 new tracks every year, if the calendar is changed so far.

So whats the point of playing a 10 year career? with no variaty? 

basically you will play 10 times the same season, thats why I said more tracks would be awesome for these modes. 

learn to read and understand the content...and not picking some words and quote them!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 2Pacalypse said:

So whats the point of playing a 10 year career? with no variaty? 

basically you will play 10 times the same season, thats why I said more tracks would be awesome for these modes. 

learn to read and understand the content...and not picking some words and quote them!

dont tell me what to do. ;D

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, 2Pacalypse said:

So whats the point of playing a 10 year career? with no variaty? 

basically you will play 10 times the same season, thats why I said more tracks would be awesome for these modes. 

learn to read and understand the content...and not picking some words and quote them!

It's not like the game is short of tracks though, and it must surely be a tiny fraction of players that complete anything like 10 seasons in career mode. Which is not to say that more tracks available wouldn't be nice to have. Of course it would be.

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, FOneFanatic said:

I'm surprised the game was released without this content - amazing! 

It's getting obvious how unprepared codemasters are to a changing calender. To combat this I think the time has come to start including tracks outside the calender for that year. Former circuit's so they are better prepared for such a scenario. It would strike well with fans to have circuits as part of a deluxe edition or post launch DLC. I do know licensing plays a part how much I don't know. However I fear at times licensing is used as an excuse or a ploy to back out of such an endeavour.  

Edited by Chromatic
  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2021 at 1:15 PM, MadEvilBeavis76 said:

I know that is not a simple copy and paste, but this has nothing to do at this state with a full price game. A lot of gamer not want a story mode like breaking point. They put the whole afford into the story mode but not the rest of the game.

Agreed, a bit of effort and the Turkey track could surely be acceptable to include in the calendar. We've all seen that the same tracks are used over several years, some old signs are always left in accidently.

It always seems like a waste to leave the old circuits out when they are removed from the IRL calendar. Yes, I know the old 'licencing' argument will be thrown in there, but we don't know that is actually the reason. It's just as likely to be a bit of laziness, i.e. easier to move on and not include them, which is a shame, when they could be used for a custom season, or even better, to give us more choice & change the calendar a bit each season as we go through our career.

 

Edited by Morsify
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Yes, the tracks will integrate into the game. They will be part of all game modes. I don’t know where you even get the notion they will be just TT.

He think he means shanghai only being available for breaking point maybe?

Edited by Chromatic
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

He think he means shanghai only being available for breaking point maybe?

I can't answer that. The Braking Point story would seem already set, but are people really going to want the tracks delayed to get this into that storyboard that surely only has limited playthrough appeal?

Shanghai would probably not return this year in the vacant Australia slot. But when these modes were developed they would have been in schedule at the point of sign off.

Funny how people just think this is "a simple matter of". Legalities cost money, every variation of anything will need legal people to look it over and that is budget, plain and simple.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess with EA now on board this budget problem will be toned down and we can look forward to much more tracks. Or maybe we even get a bigger story mode with less tracks available in the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, MAK said:

I guess with EA now on board this budget problem will be toned down and we can look forward to much more tracks. Or maybe we even get a bigger story mode with less tracks available in the game.

just because EA has money doesnt mean they will give codemasters all the money.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

I can't answer that. The Braking Point story would seem already set, but are people really going to want the tracks delayed to get this into that storyboard that surely only has limited playthrough appeal?

Shanghai would probably not return this year in the vacant Australia slot. But when these modes were developed they would have been in schedule at the point of sign off.

Funny how people just think this is "a simple matter of". Legalities cost money, every variation of anything will need legal people to look it over and that is budget, plain and simple.

Depends on the demographics. Plus if the game had to be delayed for that reason September/October can't say I wouldn't mind. If my team where to have the braking point circuits I reckon it's an ideal addition. I don't have the game so I wouldn't know if is in my team already. Braking point (excluding the circuits) itself works fine as a feature outside career mode.

"Legalities cost money, every variation of anything will need legal people to look it over and that is budget, plain and simple"

I am aware it can be costly or cost effective given the situation spend money to make money. However I must point out there is an added revenue stream (microtransactions) since the last time tracks outside the calender were added.   

 

 

  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

Depends on the demographics. Plus if the game had to be delayed for that reason September/October can't say I wouldn't mind. If my team where to have the braking point circuits I reckon it's an ideal addition. I don't have the game so I wouldn't know if is in my team already. Braking point (excluding the circuits) itself works fine as a feature outside career mode.

"Legalities cost money, every variation of anything will need legal people to look it over and that is budget, plain and simple"

I am aware it can be costly or cost effective given the situation spend money to make money. However I must point out there is an added revenue stream (microtransactions) since the last time tracks outside the calender were added.    

You can't have it both ways. Plenty are being critical here because the tracks are not in the game at launch.

Suggesting there are resources available to produce paid DLC tracks when there are tracks missing at release will beg the question "why don't you make the resources deliver the game first before paid DLC"

A little reading between the lines is that given the changes, and timescales then a commitment to delivering the 'missing' tracks during the game's life cycle must be a realistic expectation. Anything else is wishful thinking, by the time these tracks are delivered the game could be mid or even late in the annual life cycle. The chance of selling that DLC will be slim.

  • Disagree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites


They can say a lot of things...

but I'd like to explain to me...because I can't understand how a game released in the 90s had the full  F1 Calendar season and a game in 2021 with all the existing technology can't have it.

all right...

Link to post
Share on other sites

"You can't have it both ways. Plenty are being critical here because the tracks are not in the game at launch."

I understand although that's Codemasters fault for not thinking about adding bonus circuits recently raced on. Modern circuits outside the calender or not usually part of the calender. Getting the ball rolling Updated: 2020 Formula 1 calendar – new ultra-fast layout to be used in Bahrain | GRR (goodwood.com) in September after the tracks were announced. They assumed the original calender would pick up again in 2021. The current tracks on the calender don't get updated anyway. If they started building, constructing the circuits stay say November/December 2020 when the legal part was complete. And joined it up while 2021 was in development using common sense planning ahead to think they may be added again for a second year in a row. At THIS point Jeddah & Portimao would have been the only track needed to be built in such a hurry. Instead of this rush job we have now. There wouldn't be as much people complaining as there is at the moment. 

I hope whoever is part of the construction of circuits gets a bit more support (addition of personel) because clearly their lacking the tools & the man/womenpower they need. It's needs to change as currently the situation leaves the studio unprepared it's as simple as that.

Perhaps they should enquire GOBO games for extra help.

Rant over     

Edited by Chromatic
Link to post
Share on other sites

My opinion, we will get the 2 tracks around September time. Jeddah I’m saying around the end of the f1 season, so December only because we’ve not had the Jeddah race yet, but have with the other 2. Other option is they realise all 3 in December after Jeddah

Link to post
Share on other sites

I only hope the tracks will be available within a few months tops, and not when the F1 season is already over. I’m always playing a regular world championship, but not starting it until all three new tracks are there as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

"You can't have it both ways. Plenty are being critical here because the tracks are not in the game at launch."

I understand although that's Codemasters fault for not thinking about adding bonus circuits recently raced on. Modern circuits outside the calender or not usually part of the calender. Getting the ball rolling Updated: 2020 Formula 1 calendar – new ultra-fast layout to be used in Bahrain | GRR (goodwood.com) in September after the tracks were announced. They assumed the original calender would pick up again in 2021. The current tracks on the calender don't get updated anyway. If they started building, constructing the circuits stay say November/December 2020 when the legal part was complete. And joined it up while 2021 was in development using common sense planning ahead to think they may be added again for a second year in a row. At THIS point Jeddah & Portimao would have been the only track needed to be built in such a hurry. Instead of this rush job we have now. There wouldn't be as much people complaining as there is at the moment. 

I hope whoever is part of the construction of circuits gets a bit more support (addition of personel) because clearly their lacking the tools & the man/womenpower they need. It's needs to change as currently the situation leaves the studio unprepared it's as simple as that.

Perhaps they should enquire GOBO games for extra help.

Rant over     

You are rather ranting. If you're not capable of game design then I'd stop offering opinion (I'm not claiming to be either, but there are so many considerations that seem to be above your comprehension or consideration). 

Nobody knew the calendar would change, it's been confirmed by FOM and then altered. It's always subject to change, sometimes a fast reaction to a fluid situation means you can't just "add stuff".

Resources have to be bought and paid for, would you rather put the track design out to tender each time there's a new one? That means short contract programmers knowing how the game is designed and then leaving. That's a recipe for commercial disaster and you can say what you like about NDAs that talent goes elsewhere. Yes it can be inferred just by producing data to a specification.

Maybe they should just start work on every FIA Grade 1 circuit in the entire world. Jeddah hasn't even been certified, in fact I don't think it's even finished. The race is "subject to homologation of the circuit".

It's nearly the end of July. The race is four months away. "Why don't they just finish it and get it signed off?" 

  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

You are rather ranting. If you're not capable of game design then I'd stop offering opinion (I'm not claiming to be either, but there are so many considerations that seem to be above your comprehension or consideration). 

Nobody knew the calendar would change, it's been confirmed by FOM and then altered. It's always subject to change, sometimes a fast reaction to a fluid situation means you can't just "add stuff".

Resources have to be bought and paid for, would you rather put the track design out to tender each time there's a new one? That means short contract programmers knowing how the game is designed and then leaving. That's a recipe for commercial disaster and you can say what you like about NDAs that talent goes elsewhere. Yes it can be inferred just by producing data to a specification.

Maybe they should just start work on every FIA Grade 1 circuit in the entire world. Jeddah hasn't even been certified, in fact I don't think it's even finished. The race is "subject to homologation of the circuit".

It's nearly the end of July. The race is four months away. "Why don't they just finish it and get it signed off?" 

To be fair I get the impression your using excuses to deflect for the lack of preparedness on codemasters behalf. Either they hire & train more workers to to meet last minute additions/changes or you outsource staff or run the risk of NDA breaches to get the task done within the timescale. That's how companies work. Neither is been met. As every variable is been spread too thin. And that's their fault for not planning ahead since circuits were announced last year.

"Resources have to be bought and paid for, would you rather put the track design out to tender each time there's a new one? That means short contract programmers knowing how the game is designed and then leaving. That's a recipe for commercial disaster"

Yes I hear what your trying to say about resources. Everything has to be paid for the same for resources in any company. Would I rather put the design out to tender at this point? Well yeah actually. Can't get much worse at this current state. Since codemasters don't have people to complete the task within a certain timescale. If codemasters had those individual's to complete with a certain timescale? NO a tender wouldn't be needed. Short term programmers & collaborations short or long term with studios are not a bad avenue to pursue. We Create | Studio Gobo I couldn't care less to see every grade 1 FIA track in the world created. Only the ones in last ten to fifteen years over the course of iterations of games would suffice. 

The race is "subject to homologation of the circuit

Don't they have cad data beforehand? In order to create the best visualization of said circuit from that?

If that was the case wouldn't they codemasters have no choice but to update all turn's to the current standards?

Which doesn't happen anyway. And in that it indicates room for flexibility with homologation of circuit in a game. As long the obligation of the complete calender is fully represented.   

    

  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • PJTierney changed the title to Portimao & Imola: Out Now ✅ • Jeddah: November

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...