Jump to content Jump to content

Portimao: Out Now ✅ • Imola: October • Jeddah: November

7 minutes ago, MadEvilBeavis76 said:

I know that is not a simple copy and paste, but this has nothing to do at this state with a full price game. A lot of gamer not want a story mode like breaking point. They put the whole afford into the story mode but not the rest of the game. It is not an easy time with covid, but to throw out a game in this state and the deluxe edition is in Euro 85 Euros is not correct. The shop is working from day one correctly. Now you have only really bad looking items in the default game for my team. 

I will not get childish, but the most games were more and more released in an unfinished stadium and never get finished.

Sorry for my grammar. English is not my native language or Speak.

I´m not concentrated at the moment. I found more and more bugs in the game.

According to codemasters it takes up to a year to build a track, there is simply not enough time with the annual release, and turkey was added to the race calendar, then cancelled and then finally jumped in again for singapore, that was a back and forth and probably long too late to react for codemasters.
And to breaking point: yes, it may be that not all people like a storymode, but it's codemasters game, they get to decide what they want to work on and what not.
That they put Imola, Portimao and Jedda in the game was on request of the fans, but every fan request are not always realizable in time. One year is not much development time.

And about the bugs: No one can show me a game that has no bugs, bug-free has never existed in the gaming industry and never will.

The development time should be 2 years. An update of cars would be a better solution and put the season of 2021 in the new game like EA do it with the F1 Games before Codemasters was the developper. The problem is the full price at the moment. Now it is like a fifa game at the moment. At the last years we have the classic cars content. I have spend so much time in time trial and grand prix mode to drive the older v10 and v12 cars. 

The deluxe driver update with the former F1 Champions makes no sense for me at the moment. I´ve not the time to play three seasons to by one of the drivers for my team. It would be a good opinion that you can play the drivers in the grand prix mode. Why they put not the cars into the game. We have all the cars of the drivers. Sennas Cars, Prost Cars and a lot of Schumachers Cars. Is Mansell n the Pack? I cannot play anything of the delue content if I spend a lot of time into the my team mode. 

This was different in the previous games.  

2 hours ago, PaddySk said:

Guys, it‘s nothing special. Lee explained that the mode is working even when tracks will change due to Covid and won‘t be available in the game. After the Turkish GP you can start from the next GP with the current standings and that‘s it unfortunately.

Checking the race calendar, my bet is someone changed the flag but forgot to update the associated text. At least in the German version.

1 hour ago, MadEvilBeavis76 said:

They must not produce new tracks in total. Only the Yeddah track. It would be better they concentrate more on the old tracks and not yeddah and give us more quality for the old tracks. No game has the yeddah track in a final version and the track is not final. They should use the time to create yeddah for the F1 2022 game to garanty more quality.

Just on this point I'll say that personally I would rather have the Jeddah track than a historic alternative, particularly if the track can be in the game before the race there. Not that there is any question of what Codemasters will actually do in this regard - Jeddah will be in the game.

Edited by Ultra3142
12 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Checking the race calendar, my bet is someone changed the flag but forgot to update the associated text. At least in the German version.

I don't think it's there by mistake. It says you can't race on the track because it's not in the game, and if the replacement for the cancelled Australia gp will also be a track that's not in the game, then that's exactly how it will be with Turkey.

• Like 1

Whatever could be added will be welcome - now that Turkey will replace Singapore- and Austria replaced Kanada it will be again a broken season and have no hope that the full calendar will be implemented in the official game …..

2 hours ago, Shark2Racing said:

Whatever could be added will be welcome - now that Turkey will replace Singapore- and Austria replaced Kanada it will be again a broken season and have no hope that the full calendar will be implemented in the official game …..

The FIA don't know the official calendar at this stage* - if they don't I'm don't expect Codemasters/EA will be be able to do anything about it. 

*Mexico and Brazil expected to be cancelled - possible double header in Austin and/or Bahrain outer ring to replace them. 

Edited by rocojuanclarkus
11 hours ago, MadEvilBeavis76 said:

I do not know why turkey is not in the game, because turkey was a track in the past and in the series of codemasters F1 Games. The most tracks are using the same assets like on the beginning of CM´s F1 series, they put only more details to the track. Look at spa they use the same assets since years.

Why they can´t use now the tracks of PCars and import the tracks for Portimao and Imola. Slightly Mad is Codemasters. PCars 2 tracks are much more like the originals. Portimao was in Grid2, the same for istambul and it looks good.

They must not produce new tracks in total. Only the Yeddah track. It would be better they concentrate more on the old tracks and not yeddah and give us more quality for the old tracks. No game has the yeddah track in a final version and the track is not final. They should use the time to create yeddah for the F1 2022 game to garanty more quality.

I'd happily pay £3.99 to race on turkey again 🤣

• Haha 2

to be honest, I'm a little disappointed. You don't get any information about the new routes, they said they'll come later for that, I understand. What I don't understand is that the game is more like an expensive update. why do I say this so hard? we were deprived of content. there are no more classic cars AND the short tracks no longer exist. Bahrain, Japan, USA and what else was there are no longer there. We just have to say that this is the real scandal. We only have 20 tracks in the game and nothing more. I'm really disappointed about that.

For me the races are challenging of breaking point, but the story is a bit childish and full of clichees ala hollywood. It is easy listening. Sometimes the charakters acting more like in a cheesy soap. The cutscenes looking very good. It would be nice that with a new engine this were the in game graphic for cutscenes . All the drivers looking very good. The story is a linear story. You can nothing change in the story mode. You must drive with a default setup. It will entertain you for a while. It is more like a DLC. The story is scripted. You has no big influence to change something in the story. It is strict linear.

Edited by MadEvilBeavis76
  • Agree 1

Turkey is also back on the calendar indeed, and they SHOULD have the basic design for it already since it was in previous iterations of F1. Would love to go turn 8 there, but it should not be as slippery as last year 😛

2 hours ago, KillingJoke197 said:

It is Turkey then. They included it as it is the supplement for Singapore. But only the flag and text, there is no track in the game.

Yepp. Türkei is how you write it in German.

Agreeing with you KillingJoke197. You can only tune in before or after this event. It is just there to represent the calender. Has anybody began driving in Austria twice?

• Social Media & Community Team
On 7/19/2021 at 9:31 AM, FTBuzzard said:

It says Grand Prix of Turkey 
and there is the turkish flag
E6pVn5NWEAEYLn0.jpg

The real-life standings can be added to the game without having a full circuit to play on. That way if you wanted to start the season after that race the championship table would be accurate.

To the best of my knowledge, Turkey/Istanbul Park is not coming to F1 2021; if you got to that point in the calendar from a previous race it will be skipped.

On 7/20/2021 at 7:25 AM, ritti1987 said:

to be honest, I'm a little disappointed. You don't get any information about the new routes, they said they'll come later for that, I understand. What I don't understand is that the game is more like an expensive update. why do I say this so hard? we were deprived of content. there are no more classic cars AND the short tracks no longer exist. Bahrain, Japan, USA and what else was there are no longer there. We just have to say that this is the real scandal. We only have 20 tracks in the game and nothing more. I'm really disappointed about that.

Classic cars were little used and short circuits were not used.

Are these big losses, no.

10 minutes ago, Greg76110 said:

Short circuits were not used also because they were GP only.

Imagine using shorter versions in MyTeam last year, that would have been cool, especially that we didn't have Bahrain Outer.

Classic cars... yes I agree. At this point, only few people care about random classic cars. Instead, a lot of people would prefere an entire classic season to play, like 2003 Mod for 2020

54 minutes ago, Greg76110 said:

The only purpose the short circuits had were the challenges for the classic cars. 

6 hours ago, Greg76110 said:

Whether the tracks were used or not does not matter at first. It's more about the fact that the 3 tracks are missing and that game content has also been removed. But in the end you pay the same or a little more than in 2020 and you can't compensate for that with braking point.

everyone uses the tracks differently, one more the other less, but I think the tracks would have been worth gold NOW to fill the racing calendar at least a little. especially with regard to online leagues.

You've played one Tilke track, you've played them all 🙄   You could probably mash up a few of the other tracks' corners and you could make a track similar to Turkey. It's a shame about Turkey but not unexpected so can't really complain too much.

Hopefully the calendar is more stable next year so there'll be less of the track confusion.   In the meantime, we'll have to wait patientlyish for the other 3 tracks. I suspect this thread will get a lot of views in the meantime! 

more tracks more tracks more tracks!!!

The community is begging for more tracks for years now, and what is CM doing they cut them. what a strategy.

in the past we had classic cars but with newest current track layouts, made no sense to play. (this mode is gone now anyway)

since CM has the F1 rights, they had these track from 2010-2020:

- Malaysian GP

- Turkey GP

- Europe GP (Valencia) 

- German GP (Nürburgring, Hockenheim)

- Korean GP

- Indian GP

Im ok that they disappear from the "official" calendar, but an option to activate them back for any Mode would be awesome. 

Now we have an official game and official calendar, which is not complete and never will be. 

Also some different layouts from tracks would be awesome, like Bahrain 2010, Bahrain short, Bahrain 2020 oval, to name a few.

Every year the same discussion, without success. 

It is what it is, definitely the last game for me to pay the full price game.

• Agree 2
  • PJTierney changed the title to Portimao: Out Now ✅ • Imola: October • Jeddah: November