Jump to content Jump to content

Portimao: Out Now ✅ • Imola: October • Jeddah: November

3 hours ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

I'm totally with you on this and would love for them to do the ol' 'Gotcha!' and put Turkey in anyway as a nice surprise.

However, I think it raises two questions. 

1. Why say it isn't and have your playerbase moaning incessantly at you when you intend to deliver it anyway?  That sounds like a poor marketing strategy to lower public perception of you before doing the ol' switcheroo.
  2. If they hammer on saying that it isn't coming and then they put it in anyway, would anyone trust their word again?   Like, say next year the same thing happens and they put Malaysia on the calendar at short notice. Codemasters then say "it's not happening" but nobody would take their word for it as there is a precedent that would be set that they cave to pressure and put tracks in when people complain.

i just don't understand how you can still believe in something that has been rejected by the people who know best.
If there were rumors and codemasters didn't say anything about it, I'd be confident too, but the people who know for sure if it's going to happen have confirmed that it's not going to happen, and yet people still believe it?
I don't want to offend anyone here, but that sounds a little bit stupid to me, sorry to say that.

4 minutes ago, FTBuzzard said:

i just don't understand how you can still believe in something that has been rejected by the people who know best.
If there were rumors and codemasters didn't say anything about it, I'd be confident too, but the people who know for sure if it's going to happen have confirmed that it's not going to happen, and yet people still believe it?
I don't want to offend anyone here, but that sounds a little bit stupid to me, sorry to say that.

Out of interest, do you have a link to something from Codemasters saying Turkey definitely won't be in the game?

Right now I'm trying to remember if I've seen Barry post to say this but I certainly don't know right now of anything definitive I could share.

(I think you're right that Turkey won't be in the game though!)

11 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Out of interest, do you have a link to something from Codemasters saying Turkey definitely won't be in the game?

Right now I'm trying to remember if I've seen Barry post to say this but I certainly don't know right now of anything definitive I could share.

(I think you're right that Turkey won't be in the game though!)

I don't know how to quote old posts, but on page 2 this topic, PJTierney said Turkey won't be a part of F1 2021.

Edited by FTBuzzard
  • Like 1
On 7/21/2021 at 10:56 PM, PJTierney said:

The real-life standings can be added to the game without having a full circuit to play on. That way if you wanted to start the season after that race the championship table would be accurate.

To the best of my knowledge, Turkey/Istanbul Park is not coming to F1 2021; if you got to that point in the calendar from a previous race it will be skipped.

thats what i found

1 minute ago, FTBuzzard said:

I agree. I'd love for Turkey to be in the game, I really would.  I just cannot see why it would be.   

There's posts littered on here, and other mediums saying it unequivocally won't be.  There's a statement reiterated that 2020 tracks will remain as 2020 tracks. Only new ones will be the 2021 three.  Now, Turkey was technically a 2020 track so that's a loophole?

I do see it as naively hoping and waiting for disappointment. Wouldn't go as far as stupid, but wasting time on a futile dream, maybe. 

From a marketing perspective I'm assuming it wouldn't look good for codemasters, an "OFFICIAL" f1 game plastered everywhere. Having the same circuit two years in a row in real life without it featuring in the game. There's a good chance it'll be there.     

Edited by Chromatic
35 minutes ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

I agree. I'd love for Turkey to be in the game, I really would.  I just cannot see why it would be.   

There's posts littered on here, and other mediums saying it unequivocally won't be.  There's a statement reiterated that 2020 tracks will remain as 2020 tracks. Only new ones will be the 2021 three.  Now, Turkey was technically a 2020 track so that's a loophole?

I do see it as naively hoping and waiting for disappointment. Wouldn't go as far as stupid, but wasting time on a futile dream, maybe. 

the thing is, if Turkey would be in the game, Codemasters or EA would use it as a selling point.
Why should they announce Imola, Portimao and Jeddah but not Istanbul? It makes absolutely zero sense.

13 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

From a marketing perspective I'm assuming it wouldn't look good for codemasters, an "OFFICIAL" f1 game plastered everywhere. Having the same circuit two years in a row in real life without it featuring in the game. There's a good chance it'll be there.     

Maybe.  However, I don't think public perception will sway them too much as what other major Formula One alternative, is there?

The main area of concern will be how their game is perceived by the actual Formula One management. If they view the game is representative of the product they wish to offer then that's when they'll worry.  However, they must have signed off Turkey, and other changes, not being in the game.  So I can't imagine they mind too much.

Generally the two things are linked, if public perception is that the game sucks because Turkey isn't in the game then it may carry more weight with the powers that be. Do people think the game sucks simply because Turkey isn't there? I don't think so.   Most people say it should be there and everyone would seem to like it there... just not enough to really pressure them for it.

Until that happens, why would they put themselves out?  Plus, if they haven't started by now then it's probably too late to implement it. 

5 minutes ago, FTBuzzard said:

the thing is, if Turkey would be in the game, Codemasters or EA would use it as a selling point.
Why should they announce Imola, Portimao and Jeddah but not Istanbul? It makes absolutely zero sense.

Yeah, pretty much said that with the original statement I made.   I'd like them to make a drastic U-Turn and include it, yes.   Do I see why they would do that?  Not at all.

It makes no sense for a sudden u-turn with absolutely no substance.  I mean, there are 'hints' of things. Like Crofty's introduction, game files with Turkey's name, it being in Real Season Start.   I think it's people looking for things to support what they want.    

Bringing it in as a late surprise would make them look weak and indecisive and they'd already have alienated those that are frustrated they've been saying it wouldn't be. Is there any upside to a late switcheroo with no build-up?  Doubt it. 

4 hours ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

I'm totally with you on this and would love for them to do the ol' 'Gotcha!' and put Turkey in anyway as a nice surprise.

However, I think it raises two questions. 

1. Why say it isn't and have your playerbase moaning incessantly at you when you intend to deliver it anyway?  That sounds like a poor marketing strategy to lower public perception of you before doing the ol' switcheroo.
  2. If they hammer on saying that it isn't coming and then they put it in anyway, would anyone trust their word again?   Like, say next year the same thing happens and they put Malaysia on the calendar at short notice. Codemasters then say "it's not happening" but nobody would take their word for it as there is a precedent that would be set that they cave to pressure and put tracks in when people complain.

1 hour ago, FTBuzzard said:

thats what i found

Which, devil's advocate mode, isn't actually definitive. 

I'm just making the point that I can see why we still get debates like this as actually it is hard to find clear info. from Codemasters.

(I have a feeling I have seen Barry say Turkey won't be in the game but I'm not 100% certain, and trying to find it won't be easy.)

8 minutes ago, Sector4 said:

He said: "To the best of my knowledge"

PJTierney is a Social Media Manager so not part of the actual development team. 

Because of the timeline.

April 15th - F1 2021 announced

April 28th - Turkish GP announced to replace Canada

May 14th - Turkish GP cancelled

June 25th - Turkish GP announced to replace Singapore

Codemasters probably knew early on that Turkey was going to replace Canada and started working on the track. Then the race got cancelled and presumably they stopped working on the track to focus on Imola, Portimao and Jeddah. 

There's a small chance that they have resumed working on the track and are planning to add it into the game later.

Why no announcement? They don't want to promise something they can't deliver. They can't even confirm a release date for the 3 already announced tracks yet.

The chances that Istanbul Park will be in F1 2021 at some point are bigger than 0%

PJTierney knows more than each and everyone of us will ever do. (excluding Barry)

Shanghai is not in the game, or at least not in career mode, but montreal is, the cancellation of montreal was at the end of April, but it was already clear that Imola and portimao will be in the race calendar,
but Turkey is not.

i guess the decision which race track will be in the game was made between the cancellation of shanghai and montreal, when turkey was not fixed yet.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, FTBuzzard said:

PJTierney knows more than each and everyone of us will ever do. (excluding Barry)

Shanghai is not in the game, or at least not in career mode, but montreal is, the cancellation of montreal was at the end of April, but it was already clear that Imola and portimao will be in the race calendar,
but Turkey is not.

i guess the decision which race track will be in the game was made between the cancellation of shanghai and montreal, when turkey was not fixed yet.

Shanghai is in career mode - in the second season you can add it to your calender if you want

Just now, Aeya said:

Shanghai is in career mode - in the second season you can add it to your calender if you want

it wasn't planed for the 2021 season, that's why its there at season 2 not from beginning.
Maybe they left it im because it is used in Braking point and replace it would last longer than remove it.

• Agree 1

Je ne comprend pas la défense des développeurs pour l'absence des Circuits. Je joue à F1 depuis les premieres éditions et chaque année depuis le 2014 c'est la pleinte principale des joueurs pour ce jeux le manque de choix de circuit. Ok il défendaient a juste titre le fait de respecter le calendrier F1.

Cependant l'année derniere a été un année tres particuliere car 2 nouveaux circuits devaient faire leurs apparitions aux calendrier avec la pendémie nous avons eu un calendrier completement different et qui ne correspondait plus du tout à celui proposer dans le jeu.

A partir de la les développeurs ce devaient (étant donner que leurs scénario proposer passe par la saison 2020) de préparer les circuits qui ont eu lieu en 2020 et de s'assurer d'être prêt pour gérer les éventuelles changement de calendrier de la saison 2021 (car à part eux je pense que tout le monde savaient que dans la situation sanitaire mondial les chances d'évolution du calendrier f1 etait de 100%)

Donc pour moi aucune excuse au développeur qui ce sont concentrer sur des textures 4k et des détails de dégats sur les véhicules et ont délaissés le développement des circuits et suprimé les f1 Classic ainsi que les éventuels circuit lié aux F1 Classic (comme ils l'avaient fait pour le 2013 ou nous avions des pistes Classic proposer comme Jerez Imola ...)

42 minutes ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

Yeah, pretty much said that with the original statement I made.   I'd like them to make a drastic U-Turn and include it, yes.   Do I see why they would do that?  Not at all.

It makes no sense for a sudden u-turn with absolutely no substance.  I mean, there are 'hints' of things. Like Crofty's introduction, game files with Turkey's name, it being in Real Season Start.   I think it's people looking for things to support what they want.    

Bringing it in as a late surprise would make them look weak and indecisive and they'd already have alienated those that are frustrated they've been saying it wouldn't be. Is there any upside to a late switcheroo with no build-up?  Doubt it. 

In the end it would depend if they have continued from where left off. On the marketing side to wedge it with other car related items, if there bothered to add turkish track when the other three are released. 

I agree with you for the most part. saying that if turkey was added it would reaffirm codemasters commitment of adding all circuits to the official calender & continuing it's status as the official formula 1 game to people on the outside social media etc.    

Edited by Chromatic
40 minutes ago, FTBuzzard said:

@BarryBL
could you please enlighten us?
People seem to believe you more than they do with PJTierney

I'm sure PJ has mentioned that he doesn't know everything that's going on in terms of game development, so I don't think anyone means any offence to him.

2 minutes ago, FTBuzzard said:

it is real season start, wich has turkey listet, but you can't drive it because it's not in.

Yeah, general consensus was that you couldn't actually play the Turkey race but the results would be updated post that race so you could use it as a load point from real life. 

• Like 1

They've always been very vocal that they're coming but they've simultaneously been very evasive about a date when they come.  They definitely have never stated it will arrive in July and the expected arrival date is under much dispute.

Some say it'll be much further towards the end of the year from late October to Early January window. 

Others say that 2 of them will arrive before long and Jeddah will be later. 

Basically we have no information on when they will arrive, just that they will at some point. Probably with a short amount of notice. 

Regarding whether it's fair to make people pay for an 'unfinished game'. That's a can of worms that has been opened up a fair amount of times in recent posts regarding a whole range of different topics. However, the promise that they'll deliver the tracks isn't one they've broken. At least, not yet in any case. 

• PJTierney changed the title to Portimao: Out Now ✅ • Imola: October • Jeddah: November