Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

G920, xbox one, brake pedal very hard, significant force required

Hi all 
I have been reading this forum for a long time and if I had an issue always managed to find an answers without a need to register to post thanks to all hard working people giving answers to problems. And here is mine 
Yesterday I bought G920 and tried on F1 2015 in Russia. I noticed that brake pedal is so hard that I need to put significant amount of force to stop the car. I do have TC and ABS on. Did try without ABS and keep locking front wheels as I can't find sweet spot. With ABS I can stop the car but force and a lot of it is required 
Does anyone else experience same issue and how did you solve it? 
Apart from dead zone and ffb settign I can find anything else 

Can you please advise your solutions 

Thank you 
acdcfan 

PS: to the mods... If this is not meant to be here please move it to appropriate section 

It's the wheel Logitech have put some sort if dampener on the brake pedal.Its supposed to make it feel more realistic . Most people seem to like it ,to be honest I don't. On the PS4 with the G29 there is no modulation on the brake , it locks up with the slightest touch, (this is a problem with the game )I don't know if its the same on the Xbox.

I just got the wheel today and I'm experiencing the same problems. 
I'm using a wheelstand pro and a gaming office chair with wheels on it, so everytime I have to brake I push myself away from the wheel. my right foot is aching of the amount of force I have to use on the brake. playing forza 6 on xbone atm. 

ReVioLenT said:
I just got the wheel today and I'm experiencing the same problems. 
I'm using a wheelstand pro and a gaming office chair with wheels on it, so everytime I have to brake I push myself away from the wheel. my right foot is aching of the amount of force I have to use on the brake. playing forza 6 on xbone atm. 
What kind of floor is your rig on? I use an office chair too and am on a shiny hardwood floor. My wife was tired of an old small rubber backed rug (you could probably pick one up fairly cheaply), so I put that under my chair and bought some of those non slip cups for putting under the legs of sofas. That did the trick for me. I do have a G27 wheel though, that doesn't require probably as much pressure on the brake as yours. However, I am sitting in it right now and it takes a fair amount of back pressure to move it. 

fairly cheap experiment anyway and even cheaper if you are already on a rugged floor.

I've but weights weighing 50kg behind the chair feet to try locking it, I still push myself backwards.
is it possible to switch pedal assignments on the logitech software for pc? on forza I can only switch clutch with handbrake. besides, I'm afraid getting used to clutch as brake could be hazardous when driving my own car =)
thanks for the input though.  

my floor is tiled so II do roll offeasily, but I've got no problems with clutch and gas which don't have progressive resistance. 

Did anyone solve the problem with the hard braking as I am having the same problem, it is very difficult to get 100% braking force, I'm playing F1 on the Xbox with the G920 is there anyway to make it so you have to push the pedal less to brake hard?

Well the problem definitely is not solved. Posted in another thread, and posted in the bug reporting section as well.

I've had similar issues with other racing games with the g920 braking pedal (both on XB1 and PC) but it's just a matter of altering the braking settings in the advanced wheel settings of games like Forza 6 and Dirt Rally. Problem with F1 2015 is it doesn't have a braking saturation option, which is what would allow us to increase the sensitivity on the braking pedal and make it so 100% braking is reached when the brake is nearly fully depressed. As it stands, the defaults are clearly not working. Currently having to use the braking assist just to be able to race at all, and you can imagine how well that is going. Unfortunately the clutch pedal is not recognised at all either, so that is not an option. Funnily enough, and as proof that there is an issue, I swapped the brake and throttle pedals around in the custom controls menu within the game. Brake worked fantastic, but the the throttle barely go to 75% with that progressive resistance. 

You could argue that logitech have done things all complicated, but to be honest there wouldn't be a problem if F1 2015 had a Brake Saturation setting.

In the advanced wheel settings there seems to be some "brake linearity" adjustment, whats that for?

Thanks. 

ReVioLenT said:
I've but weights weighing 50kg behind the chair feet to try locking it, I still push myself backwards.
is it possible to switch pedal assignments on the logitech software for pc? on forza I can only switch clutch with handbrake. besides, I'm afraid getting used to clutch as brake could be hazardous when driving my own car =)
thanks for the input though.  
Just assign it to the clutch and use your left foot, i have a few hundred hours on 2013, 2014 and 2015. Besides that i drive about 1k km and im fine.

Conclusion: you will be fine 

Or you can try to remove it as shown in the above video.

Good luck 

I have a Logitech G920 I have no issues with braking force on Forza Horizon 2 and 3,  Forza Motorsport 6 and Project Cars. I don't think its the pedals fault I think its the user. 

Dindr are you using the Logitech G program on the pc you should be able to change what pedal does what on that G program.