Jump to content Jump to content

Verstappen/Hamilton British Grand Prix Lap One

British Grand Prix Lap 1 Incident   

4 members have voted

1. 1. British Grand Prix Lap 1 Incident

• Racing Incident
    • Dirty Driving

My very much non-expert view was that Lewis was at fault, as at no point was he in front and didn't leave space for Max. I say this as an English F1 fan who wanted to see Lewis win but the result did feel like a rather hollow victory under the circumstances.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

Fair assessment. Max gave room but not enough room. I'm not a expert myself I just have been racing on iRacing for almost 3 months now & have started to realize certain things like fault ect. To me it seemed like both were racing hard understandable with the point standings & neither one wanted to give to the other. It didn't look in no way intentional as Red Bull tried to make it out to be asking for a one race suspension which would all in all secure Hamilton doesn't win the championship this year. 

Edited by FraggernautOG
  • Like 1

For what it's worth, David Coulthard and Mark Webber on UK broadcaster Channel 4's coverage were firmly of the view that Lewis was at fault and got off very lightly. I'm curious what Jenson Button thought on Sky, or other drivers elsewhere?

Edited by Ultra3142
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

For what it's worth, David Coulthard and Mark Webber on UK broadcaster Channel 4's coverage were firmly of the view that Lewis was at fault and got off very lightly. I'm curious what Jenson Button thought on Sky, or other drivers elsewhere?

Watching the coverage here in the states in the US on ESPN they were much on the side of it being a racing incident. 

• Like 1

Hello everyone and welcome along to this British Grand Prix live blog, where we'll have all the details from this latest Formula 1 race. This weekend has seen the sprint race format debut at Silverstone, with Max Verstappen able to overtake Lewis Hamilton on Saturday to wrestle pole position away from the Mercedes driver. Hamilton will look to fight back in this Sunday's main race and we'll be covering all the drama as it unfolds.

2 hours ago, robertgsoliz said:

Hello everyone and welcome along to this British Grand Prix live blog, where we'll have all the details from this latest Formula 1 race. This weekend has seen the sprint race format debut at Silverstone, with Max Verstappen able to overtake Lewis Hamilton on Saturday to wrestle pole position away from the Mercedes driver. Hamilton will look to fight back in this Sunday's main race and we'll be covering all the drama as it unfolds.

I think you're about a week late with a live blog there...