Jump to content Jump to content

The sound is aweful!

Why does the car sound like a bunch of cutlery rattling around when I shift?

The other annoying thing is the blue f1 cut acreent that makes the really loud car sound... comon, why would you add garbage to the game?

It happens everytime I flash back in time trial...

• Codemasters Staff

Hmm... read your comments back and ask yourself if you really think audio should reply? I could answer your questions but you title a post "The sound is aweful" (complete with spelling mistake) and refer to the work me and the team have done this year as "garbage" then I don't feel like giving you any of the answers you want and I won't be replying to your posts in future.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, issueskid said:

Hmm... read your comments back and ask yourself if you really think audio should reply? I could answer your questions but you title a post "The sound is aweful" (complete with spelling mistake) and refer to the work me and the team have done this year as "garbage" then I don't feel like giving you any of the answers you want and I won't be replying to your posts in future.

But he's kinda right. When you drive over curbs and u jump a little then u can hear that the rpms getting pitched via software instead beeing recorded in real life. It's kinda annoying and also the low and high rpm bug while your in spectator mode should've been fixed in f1 2020 already..
Then there is also the cars are really quiet when u looking via the tv cam from the trackssides. In the distances u bearly can hear them only if they're close then they get loud but in real life and also on TV u can hear them from further away, the same goes for the f2 cars. But overall the sound in f1 2021 is kinda underwhelming compared to assetto corsa f1 mods. But I like that u added the turbo noise.

I haven't been in time trial yet, only Braking Point (which, by the way, is actually pretty cool).  So I can't comment on Time Trial sounds.  But from the races I've done (and I've hit a lot of curbs and had numerous tires of the ground at the same time) I've not heard anything overly loud or obnoxious.  Even using flashbacks (and with all the spinning that occurs when you touch a curb, I've used DOZENS) I don't find the sound all that bad.

I'll check out TT and see if it's different, but from what I've played so far, the sound is fine.

I dont get the audio glitches as I'm on the Series S Xbox. It seems to be affecting the old gen Xboxs.

The sound overall is much better than last year. The cars have much more depth to them, and the sounds of cars alongside and around you are much better.

The issues I've seen have been in spectator mode, the max RPM glitch and sometimes only electric noise from the cars. 

I do think that the cars sound a bit more synthesized when over revving as someone mentioned in a reply further up, it sounds a bit like auto tune but only for a split second. There was a much more analogue sound to them in that scenario last year.

You can tell they've put in some effort with the audio this year, the score in the menus is amazing. A patch or 2 down the line and I think itll be right. If nothing else please fix the max RPM glitch.

14 hours ago, TFBISE16 said:

the score in the menus is amazing

Did anyone else notice that the first few notes of the main theme are the same as the first few notes of Pink Floyd's Granchester Meadows?  Totally get that song stuck in my head every time I play.  🙂

• Codemasters Staff
On 7/24/2021 at 1:16 AM, SilvesterSaNN said:

But he's kinda right.

I don't care if somebody is correct or not or has a valid opinion or not. If they address the work we are doing right off the bat as "garbage" then I won't be engaging with them.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, issueskid said:

I don't care if somebody is correct or not or has a valid opinion or not. If they address the work we are doing right off the bat as "garbage" then I won't be engaging with them.

i think there are better sound suggestions this quite unrespectful one

On 7/26/2021 at 5:16 AM, issueskid said:

I understand that it's hard having your work criticized and rudely insulted, but you have to at least appreciate that this response isn't the right play.

You would have come off about 100 times better looking to have simply not responded.  The impression that this gives is that your willing to let your ego come between you and improving a game that people like enough to want to see improve. From a PR standpoint you have put both your feet in your mouth.

Because at the end of the day if the sound could be improved that will be true or not regardless of how someone has decided to express it. Other people who might share the opinion that the sound is a little bit mediocre, but still like the game and want to see it get better will see your response and will read it as a person entirely ignoring the reality of a problem just because the introduction to the problem hurt their feelings.

Now I'm not saying you have to engage with this guy who insults you, but you need to be a little more aware of the optics of your situation.  Instead of insulting the guy back by remarking about his spelling, and instead of entirely ignoring a valid problem he brought up you could have been the bigger, more mature man and turned the other cheek while actually looking into his complaint to see if there was anything worth while in it.  Worse, you even threatened to never engage this person at all, even if he changes his ways and stop being rude.  That's quite closed minded of you to act like people can't change.

I'm sorry, but your response should be used as an example by PR teams everywhere of how not to respond to criticism.  I know it gets hard reading people being critical of your work but you need to take a step back and realize you are representing something bigger than yourself and when you react this way you drag everyone else down with you.  You're part of the image of Codemasters and frankly, you came across as childish here.  I'm not trying to be mean, I'm trying to help you stay viewed in a positive light by the community.

Edited by Eje005
  • Disagree 1