Jump to content Jump to content

Increased Safety Car isn't very increased :)

I've done a full 100% feature and sprint championship in F2 (grand prix mode), already. 24 races, there has been 38 DNF's and their has only been 2 VSC and 1x SC throughout the season.

It appears the SC/VSC are being deployed in various other modes for 'big crashes', like it should do, but it seems the SC/VSC deployment logic is really really low for just mechanical faults. Why is this the case? I've also done 57 laps of Bahrain, 66 Spain, 78 Monaco in a solo career, 5 DNF's and not a single safety car with it on 'increased.' Bit weird, bit disappointed, I wanna see more SC's for AI technical faults. Nothing too major but it should be increased for a reason.

Anyone experiencing the same?

28 minutes ago, Bauer said:

My first My Team race at Bahrain 50% had three safety cars. I didn't have that many in a whole season of 2020. 

what was the reason for SC? a crash or mechanical failure DNF

1 hour ago, 2Pacalypse said:

my experience in GP Mode and MyTeam Mode (50% race) no SC for mechanical failure DNFs, only if there is a crash with damage.

I had one for Mick Schumacher at Paul Ricard where he pulled off the road around where he had his qualifying crash in real life.

I broke my front wing once, it slipped onto the gravel and then the SC came. On increased. Then there was a big one and no SC came. Then I triggered a Big One on normal safety car settings and nothing came up, I think everything has to be increased again.

Not having much problems my end and works fine. I don't expect a SC for every retirement especially if a car stops far enough off track or off the racing line. I have had SCs for mechanical failures but Jeff comes on the radio to say its been deployed "because of multiple cars stopped on track". But I think there is definitely a cool down period after each time a SC is deployed. For example if you just had a SC then a big crash happens a few laps latter it won't deploy. Also you can't finish a race under a SC. So you won't get any SCs in the last 5 or so laps of a race. 

Edited by ThunderCats101
4 hours ago, ThunderCats101 said:

Not having much problems my end and works fine. I don't expect a SC for every retirement especially if a car stops far enough off track or off the racing line. I have had SCs for mechanical failures but Jeff comes on the radio to say its been deployed "because of multiple cars stopped on track". But I think there is definitely a cool down period after each time a SC is deployed. For example if you just had a SC then a big crash happens a few laps latter it won't deploy. Also you can't finish a race under a SC. So you won't get any SCs in the last 5 or so laps of a race. 

I had a SC in my team at Monza with 3 laps to go after Mick Schumacher spun and crashed out. I was already a lap down and the SC collected up a few of the  leaders and some lapped cars then peeled in on the leaders lap 52 (of 53) giving us one racing lap before Bottas won. 

• Like 1

Very rarely the game lets you leave the car mid course which would justify the SC, but a VSC occurs from time to time from me in mechanical failures. For me everytime someone crashes out the VSC comes and can then 'upgrade' to a SC. I had 4 situations in 10 races.

12 hours ago, rocojuanclarkus said:

I had a SC in my team at Monza with 3 laps to go after Mick Schumacher spun and crashed out. I was already a lap down and the SC collected up a few of the  leaders and some lapped cars then peeled in on the leaders lap 52 (of 53) giving us one racing lap before Bottas won. 

Wait so are lapped cars are promoted to unlap now? Or was it those green SC lights

5 hours ago, DerpTheThird said:

Wait so are lapped cars are promoted to unlap now? Or was it those green SC lights

No lapped cars cannot unlap themselves sadly. The final lap was spent just getting out of the way of the leaders an trying to fend off Mazepin, Russell from sneaking a place.