Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2010's twitchy steering?

Am I the only one finding the 2010 WRC cars very twitchy steering wise? I just compared the Fiesta WRC with the Group A Impreza using 540 degrees of steering on both cars. The Impreza feels good and natural but the Fiesta feels allover the place, it's much more sensitive to steering input around the center of the wheel, making me over correct when catching slides. It's almost as it's using a lower degree of steering or that it is non linear.

I have never experienced any twitchy steering in the 2010's. If anything they're a bit too smooth for my liking. I'm still trying to learn how to push them to their absolute limit.

I have never experienced any twitchy steering in the 2010's. If anything they're a bit too smooth for my liking. I'm still trying to learn how to push them to their absolute limit.
Really? Smooth as in lots of grip I can agree with, but not smooth as steering input goes. I would probably tear my hair off if I tried to drive them with the small amount of steering degrees I recall that you use!

Using a Logitech Wingman Formula Force GP with a maximum "rotation" of 180 degrees for ten years does wonders to your muscle memory... ;) I'm on 270 at the moment.

this tbh they are actually to easy to drive.

i use 200 degrees.if im not on a 205 t16 sweatfest i often take the 2010 fiesta for a casual stroll.

I will never go down below 540 degrees of steering even though it's probably better if you want to set fast times. I didnt buy an expensive 1080 degree wheel for nothing  ;)

Yes, 2010´s have too much direct steering to my taste...

And yes, it sometimes make me over correct oversteer. 

300/500km with them and get used to xD

The 2010s cars have grippier tyres, and hence may feel more direct/nervous than Group A cars. There are some 15-20 years between these car classes, and tyres have evolved a lot in this time, but I do think they're a bit too grippy. I don't think the current tyre system will make it into the final game though, there seems to be a physics overhaul coming.

I think Paul mentioned that the RX drivers they were working with told them that their grip system was too reliant on tyres and too little on suspension, and that input resulted in improved grip physics in the RX part of the game. The upcoming new car class (2000s?) is said to have an improved physics system, and if I understand it correctly, they'll change the other classes accordingly if it stands the test.

The current system seems very basic and improvised to me: cars use either "low", "medium", or "high" grip tyres. 60s use low, 2010s use high, and all other use medium tyres. Which means, an Impreza has the same tyre grip as a Stratos, but the Fiesta has much more.