Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2021 ERS Harvesting bar

Hi, can anyone please explain how the harvesting function works? I understand you only get a certain amount of overtake each lap (green bar) and this resets each lap and the overall percentage of ERS will decrease the more you use.

I see the harvesting bar also resets each lap but this doesn't seem to make any difference to the overall percentage of ERS or the overtake bar no matter how much you harvest.

For example the harvest bar can be full and when you finish the lap it resets and nothing changes (the percentage bar doesn't increase and the green bar will also still fill up).

Ive tried going flat out in Monza with no rules, with overtake on until it runs out and so i dont harvest hardly any energy at all but at the end of the lap the green bar will still fill up again and no changes again to the overall percentage.

I could understand if i could see the percentage bar changing at the end of the lap with I harvest alot, or if i didnt harvest anything and see the green bar not fully fill but it doesn't seem to make any difference at all. 

I also understand the overall percentage will increase the more you break and decelerate during a lap but the harvested energy doesnt seem to be transferred as the bar remains the same and continues increasing.   

If anyone could please explain the function that would be great. Thanks 

so the harvest bar shows how much you have saved that lap you could still use overtake but when you brake the car still harvests energy i also see your new here and recommend you discuss f1 2021 in the f1 2021 forums and for a subject like this it would go in f1 chat rather than suggestions