Jump to content Jump to content

F1 sponsors for helmets

ItsFrostiey

Hello!
I wanted to quickly suggest something that has been irking me since I started playing in 2018.

The fact that player helmets don't have any real world sponsors on them when they race for teams. 

I understand that with player teams it would be really difficult to implement, so that's not what I'm referring to. What I'm referring to is the established teams, whose drivers are required to have sponsors on their helmet. it would be super easy to implement, and you could always make it a toggleable feature for those who prefer it the way it is now. All you would need to implement it into the game is have a texture that you overlay on top of a player's helmet.

Linked below is an image of how different teams could effect the way your helmet looks. Credit to u/MattTheMilkaCow on r/formula1 for the picture.

r/formula1 - [Art] How F1 teams' sponsors can affect the drivers' helmet designs.

2 hours ago, ItsFrostiey said:

Hello!
I wanted to quickly suggest something that has been irking me since I started playing in 2018.

The fact that player helmets don't have any real world sponsors on them when they race for teams. 

I understand that with player teams it would be really difficult to implement, so that's not what I'm referring to. What I'm referring to is the established teams, whose drivers are required to have sponsors on their helmet. it would be super easy to implement, and you could always make it a toggleable feature for those who prefer it the way it is now. All you would need to implement it into the game is have a texture that you overlay on top of a player's helmet.

Linked below is an image of how different teams could effect the way your helmet looks. Credit to u/MattTheMilkaCow on r/formula1 for the picture.

r/formula1 - [Art] How F1 teams' sponsors can affect the drivers' helmet designs.

it really depends if the licences they are given from sponsors/teams allow for something in the offical game to allow their logos to have customisation or come in sort of a sticker in a way

2 minutes ago, Nightfire1964 said:

it really depends if the licences they are given from sponsors/teams allow for something in the offical game to allow their logos to have customisation or come in sort of a sticker in a way

I wouldn't imagine licensing would be a crazy issue, considering they have the licenses to use the stickers on the actual driver's helmets. But hey, I don't work for codemasters so I don't actually know.

1 minute ago, ItsFrostiey said:

I wouldn't imagine licensing would be a crazy issue, considering they have the licenses to use the stickers on the actual driver's helmets. But hey, I don't work for codemasters so I don't actually know.

yeah on the offical drivers which they have put money to them not some fake driver some companies can be strict with how there logo is used

5 minutes ago, Nightfire1964 said:

yeah on the offical drivers which they have put money to them not some fake driver some companies can be strict with how there logo is used

Same thought process could be applied to the cars. The companies pay for the drivers and the teams, not some fake driver. If the sponsors can be on the car, I wouldn't imagine they wouldn't be allowed on the helmet.

1 minute ago, ItsFrostiey said:

Same thought process could be applied to the cars. The companies pay for the drivers and the teams, not some fake driver. If the sponsors can be on the car, I wouldn't imagine they wouldn't be allowed on the helmet.

but the teams allow their cars be driven by a fake driver with their licence to have their car be in the game

Edited by Nightfire1964