Jump to content Jump to content

Force feedback TX Racing Wheel Ferrari 458 HELP

I have the latest drivers installed, but the force feedback is just not that good in F1 2021 on my steering wheel atm. It's a lack of road/grip feel and it's especially bad at high speed corners where small steering adjustments are required. Does anyone have some good settings to improve the FFB in F1 2021 on the Thrustmaster TX Racing wheel? 

I'm playing on series X.

These are my current settings:

• Vibration & FFB Strength: 80
  • On Track Effects: 30
  • Rumble Strip Effects: 45
  • Off Track Effects: 25
  • Wheel Damper: 5
  • Understeer Enhance: Off

Thanks in advance!

3 hours ago, LagoaBE said:

I have the latest drivers installed, but the force feedback is just not that good in F1 2021 on my steering wheel atm. It's a lack of road/grip feel and it's especially bad at high speed corners where small steering adjustments are required. Does anyone have some good settings to improve the FFB in F1 2021 on the Thrustmaster TX Racing wheel? 

I'm playing on series X.

Thanks in advance!

That makes sense why I can't be consistently safe at copse and abby. If my entry is 5% more aggressive, then, the car loses grip entirely. 

45 minutes ago, ShelbyUSA said:

That makes sense why I can't be consistently safe at copse and abby. If my entry is 5% more aggressive, then, the car loses grip entirely. 

Exactly the same. It’s so unrealistic and so hard to tell when you lose grip at those corners. While AI just flies trough them. Something def weird about the FBB in this game. 

9 hours ago, LagoaBE said:

I'm playing on series X.

Thanks in advance!

On track effects = Low number = low grip and feeling through wheel , High Value = More grip more track feel through wheel .  start with a setting of 100 and then add more if needed .  Control this by adding more wheel damper to lessen the amount of understeer in turns , but you do not need that much of an increase to improve things , understeer enhance is useless on a T300 unless you like nonsense of course.

1 minute ago, Exasperated said:

On track effects = Low number = low grip and feeling through wheel , High Value = More grip more track feel through wheel .  start with a setting of 100 and then add more if needed .  Control this by adding more wheel damper to lessen the amount of understeer in turns , but you do not need that much of an increase to improve things , understeer enhance is useless on a T300 unless you like nonsense of course.

Also set steering Saturation to between 5 and 8 to sharpen up turn in .

11 hours ago, Exasperated said:

Ok thanks, will try these out. But increasing on track effects anymore gives me clipping on the straights...

2 hours ago, LagoaBE said:

Ok thanks, will try these out. But increasing on track effects anymore gives me clipping on the straights...

Try turning the overall Vibration and FFB strength down  lower to accommodate the increase in on track effects to try and stop the clipping.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Exasperated said:

Try turning the overall Vibration and FFB strength down  lower to accommodate the increase in on track effects to try and stop the clipping.

Yh did exactly what you said. Dropped some overal ffb and upped the on track effects. Feels better yes. But what I think did the trick was the steering saturation on 8. I’m so much faster and more comfortable with the car already!

FFB strength on 75 now and on track effects 55. Wheel damper is still 5. Feels better for sure. 

edit: next race was silverstone. And clipping was really bad here. Lowered ffb to 55 and on track 45. Was no other way to get rid of clipping on straights. 

Edited by LagoaBE