Jump to content Jump to content

completely agree with this - I had 2 out of every three races rain effected in season 1. i play full races, so 30 plus laps of wet weather with OP AI (they all suddenly drive like Button or Schumacher) is very tedious. 

It's also completely unrealistic - we've had one wet race IRl this season. There is a list of wet weather races going back 25 years show there are usually between 1 to 5 (max) rain affected races each year - average of 2.48 per year. 

this needs to be balanced or the option to reduce/eliminate wet weather provided. 

iteboom2xms41.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
On 7/19/2021 at 2:36 PM, JeremyKrueger said:

please lower how many rain days we receive since you refuse to give us the option to turn it off

This has been a problem for about 5 years and they STILL release every new game with the same problem. It's unbelievable the complete failure F1 2021 is. They gave all their efforts on the lousy Braking Point mode and forgot about improving some BASIC issues with the franchise, and also removed some stuff that was doing well on last years game. Completely dissapointed.

I can‘t understand how Codemasters haven‘t fixed this issue already. Too much rain has been an issue for at least 2 years now and every year people pass it along to the devs on this forum. And still it has not been fixed. What’s the problem to just let us customize the weather in career mode like we can do in grand prix mode?

@BarryBL

• Agree 1
1 hour ago, blackheartbart7 said:

this is no longer a joke, i'm out until a patch is in. 

As per the post above, I fear you may be in for a long wait. If you're giving up otherwise anyway, you may want to try starting a new career mode save to see if it behaves any differently.

i ran a 10 race season got 1-3 days rain almost every weekend then i started a full season and hardly saw any rain only 1 race and hand full of practice days had rain so at this point im convinced the rain is our punishment for playing short seasons 

Thank you for confirming this. Then I wont waste my money on this version since this is the reason I stopped playing 2020, just constant raining...

Its single player so what's the harm to allow to turn off dynamic weather? It should be for the players enjoyment and it doesn't affect anyone else...

I'll just keep hoping then because its really fun when its nice conditions, but just running odd race weekends to avoid the constant raining gets old pretty quick.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/22/2021 at 12:15 PM, TwistedWays said:

i ran a 10 race season got 1-3 days rain almost every weekend then i started a full season and hardly saw any rain only 1 race and hand full of practice days had rain so at this point im convinced the rain is our punishment for playing short seasons 

Nope I run full seasons and 100% races and from about what I remember I've had more than half my races have some form of weather. If not a full race of rain at least part of the race or over half the race. So not just the short seasons. I honestly would like seasons with like one wet weather race a year maybe two max. This coming from someone who only WON because of the rain in my first season.

• Agree 1