Jump to content Jump to content

Wheel wrenching stuttering issue

• A detailed description of the issue.

Since 1.04, the game has become unplayable straight out of the garage due to constant stuttering. I can't go five seconds without a stutter or freeze. My fps monitor--which I only ran once so it's not that--says I'm getting 100+ fps but my "99% fps low" is sitting in the 20-40 fps range and that's what I'm seeing on screen. On at least one occasion, it affected my direct drive wheel, causing it to jerk in the opposite direction mid-corner. This is getting dangerous. 

• Report Code
BSHR-KXKJGJKKH-MVMG

• Platform?

PC

• Game-mode?

All single player modes but Braking Point, which I haven't attempted yet. Haven't tried MP either.

• What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.

I've messed with every single graphics and video setting you've provided. Tried every AA, toggled vsync and manual refresh rates, downscaled from 1440p to 1080p, went from custom settings to every preset down to medium. Still a nice looking game at medium, btw, though it doesn't provide a noticeable fps improvement over high settings. But anywho...

• Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. 

No, because I don't do recording and it'd probably just crash the whole game at this point. I literally cannot go three seconds without a hang up.

• How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.

Launch game, select race mode, go on track, boom. 

I'm prepared for any new or creative way to make this right until the next patch, but it's virtually unplayable for me at this moment.