Jump to content Jump to content

Hello, is it possible to turn off the driver transfers in career mode? If not, please fix that. It's a shame that after a few races half of the grid changes the team. 

Edited by michaelm98
On 7/19/2021 at 10:46 PM, michaelm98 said:

Hello, is it possible to turn off the driver transfers in career mode? If not, please fix that. Its a shame that after a few races half of the grid changes the team. 

I know mate I want same is didn’t saw an option also. Hope the fix this ****.

Is there no option to turn off mid-season transfers?

*****, we just went through this two years ago--2019 added transfers and mid-season transfers at release (as I recall) and it took them months to add a toggle to turn off the mid-season ones. Waited to start my career until that happened.

• Agree 6

I think we were to take the step forward to really have contracts in the game...but, we drew backwards on that front. Hope they make it back on the game to not have midseason transfers or no transfers altogether

6 minutes ago, diderooy said:

Ah yes, contracts. Those half-season contracts that apparently every driver on the grid gets 😉

Hahaha, sorry, I don't know if this was meant to me, but, just to clarify I mean contract negotiations like multiple seasons or conditional ones indeed like those that we have

I was just being sarcastic and (I hope) a bit funny, but it wasn't really directed at you. Just at Codies.

Yeah, contract negotiations in Career mode were a welcome addition, and transfers were a great addition.

But the mid-season variety seems to me like it is a mess, and I'd just as soon not have that part of it if the result is this messed up garbage in every other release. Just the off-season transfers are sufficient. Transfers at season's end are more common in the last few years by a factor of at least 5, I'm guessing.  And having to resign your 2nd driver, or having the option to get a new one in the middle of every season of MT, is just silly.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, diderooy said:

Is there no option to turn off mid-season transfers?

*****, we just went through this two years ago--2019 added transfers and mid-season transfers at release (as I recall) and it took them months to add a toggle to turn off the mid-season ones. Waited to start my career until that happened.

This is, once again, what I am waiting for. It's just NOT realistic and I will not buy & start a career unless I can switch mid season transfers off, I want  those end of season transfers back (or transfers off altogether if necessary). PLEASE CM, add the option back in, we fought for it long enough a couple of years ago, don't take it away again.

Edited by Morsify

Are you talking about Career Mode or My Team?  Because in last year's Career Mode there was one more big problem on top of that.  If you changed teams, regardless of the team or time you chose, you would always go to the rank of 1st driver.  Which is completely surreal in some situations.  For example, if you did the first season with Alpha Tauri and the second season with Red Bull, you would always go to Verstappen's place, and you would make Verstappen go to another team, and it could even be Alpha Tauri itself.  This was very frustrating for me because I don't like starting my career on the best teams.  Hope they have fixed this in this game so that it is at least random.

Having more control over this is something that would be convenient as if people then choose to move drivers to weird teams then it's their own fault when things are rubbish.

In 2019, in Season 6, Max was still at Red Bull on mine and they'd finally got the best car for the first time in the story. He's leading the mode quite a way ahead of his teammate Weber... and then jumps ship mid-season to Ferrari who were 4th or 5th best team and I don't think he even got a podium after that.  It's when things like that happen that it gets frustrating that there's a lack of control. It didn't overly bother me at the time as I was basically done with the game and was biding time until the next one came out but if it happens earlier in a save then it takes away the enthusiasm.

Even if it is just an option where you can have Full Control, AI Control, End of Season Only, etc.  I get that some people wouldn't want to have control over every facet of the game but giving everyone more options is always preferable.

Still, slightly more realistic than the days where it was like every 4 races, you'd have to sign a new contract. 

• Agree 2
3 hours ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

Having more control over this is something that would be convenient as if people then choose to move drivers to weird teams then it's their own fault when things are rubbish.

In 2019, in Season 6, Max was still at Red Bull on mine and they'd finally got the best car for the first time in the story. He's leading the mode quite a way ahead of his teammate Weber... and then jumps ship mid-season to Ferrari who were 4th or 5th best team and I don't think he even got a podium after that.

Agreed, but actually with F1 2019 you could choose 'out of season transfers only', so I am still playing 2019, waiting to see if they put the option in to F1 2021.

Good to read this BarryBL.

Until a possible patch is coming up:

Wouldn't it help to increase AI Team Acclaim and to decrease AI drivers acclaim in the settings? 

I mean if the driver transfers are related to the drivers and teams acclaim, this settings like I mentioned, should avoid that driver with low acclaim should transfer to teams with high acclaim, right? so top drivers would stay in top teams and "less top drivers" and Rookies would stay / go in teams with low acclaim or am I wrong? Has anybody tried this?

This wouldn't stop driver transfers at all but it could minimize it and it could avoid heavy unrealistic driver transfers. 

Edited by DonBlanko
5 hours ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

In 2019, in Season 6, Max was still at Red Bull on mine and they'd finally got the best car for the first time in the story. He's leading the mode quite a way ahead of his teammate Weber... and then jumps ship mid-season to Ferrari who were 4th or 5th best team and I don't think he even got a podium after that.  It's when things like that happen that it gets frustrating that there's a lack of control. It didn't overly bother me at the time as I was basically done with the game and was biding time until the next one came out but if it happens earlier in a save then it takes away the enthusiasm.

Even if it is just an option where you can have Full Control, AI Control, End of Season Only, etc.  I get that some people wouldn't want to have control over every facet of the game but giving everyone more options is always preferable.

Still, slightly more realistic than the days where it was like every 4 races, you'd have to sign a new contract. 

This is the correct approach.

NBA 2K has options for the user to accept or reject any player transfer between AI teams and gives the player the power to make the league play out in a realistic way.  At least in a way that is realistic to the user.

They should have a driver transfer frequency slider and another option if the user need to validate any driver transfers yes/no.

I appreciate it that the development team took note and working on it, but the disappointing thing is this isn't the first time this driver transfer situation has been in their games. 

Very very happy with the on track gameplay.

Very very disappointed by everything else.

The games are like a F1 world without drama, which is kind of sad. F1 has been overloaded with drama for decades.  It's integrated in the character of the sport and F1 won't go without it.  Even Braking point is about the drama around the sport.  Yet when there is a big move like Verstappen to Mercedes or something we literally have just a block saying it happened and nothing else.

We need immersion!!  What is the point of seeing I've accumulated 50 pole positions in 10 years but don't know how it stacks up to anyone else?

They have licenses to some of the greats in the sport and having a records section and seeing how you move up the ladder during your career would be great.

Simply don't get it, it is as if a lot of aspects of the game didn't get much thought and was merely a checklist.

Edited by R9NALD09
  • Agree 2
2 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Hi all,

We understand the need for this one. I've marked it for the attention of the developers, and they are aware of this request/suggestion. Once I have a further update, I'll add on. Thanks for the responses.

Thanks Barry, I really, really hope they add the option back in.

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, R9NALD09 said:

This is the correct approach.

NBA 2K has options for the user to accept or reject any player transfer between AI teams and gives the player the power to make the league play out in a realistic way.  At least in a way that is realistic to the user.

They should have a driver transfer frequency slider and another option if the user need to validate any driver transfers yes/no.

I appreciate it that the development team took note and working on it, but the disappointing thing is this isn't the first time this driver transfer situation has been in their games. 

Very very happy with the on track gameplay.

Very very disappointed by everything else.

The games are like a F1 world without drama, which is kind of sad. F1 has been overloaded with drama for decades.  It's integrated in the character of the sport and F1 won't go without it.  Even Braking point is about the drama around the sport.  Yet when there is a big move like Verstappen to Mercedes or something we literally have just a block saying it happened and nothing else.

We need immersion!!  What is the point of seeing I've accumulated 50 pole positions in 10 years but don't know how it stacks up to anyone else?

They have licenses to some of the greats in the sport and having a records section and seeing how you move up the ladder during your career would be great.

Simply don't get it, it is as if a lot of aspects of the game didn't get much thought and was merely a checklist.

A quick example of where they miss the mark even in Braking Point itself, I'm in the first handful of chapters, and there was all this talk in emails of this interview and photoshoot I was going to do, and how the guy doing it had been trying to get a hold of me and etc. etc. and I thought oh cool a little fun off track thing maybe it'll be a few cutscenes or something like the Will Buxton interviews etc. In the end it was an email saying hey what a great interview, lol. And that was it. All that faff about it in the game world, and it was nothing but another bland email to read. I did not participate in it at all. 

Like you say, on track is great this year, and once some issues are ironed out there's be plenty of great racing as there is every year, but everything outside has shrunk since 2017 quite significantly. 

I guess that it will just be back to the old Driver Transfers on / Driver Transfers off but that seems like a rather 'simple' fix as opposed to a solution that could advance the game. 

As i've said on other forum posts; I think i'd prefer more control over Driver Transfers rather than the removal of the option to have it.

For example, hypothetical scenario;

It's Austria and Verstappen has done his usual spectacular series of races, although Perez is having an absolute clanger of a season and is barely picking up points but Gasly is on a heater.  I'd like to manually be able to put Gasly in the Red Bull seat as it's a move that makes sense and then fill the Alpha Tauri seat with someone that makes sense.  For example, Alonso went to Alpha on my first mid-season transfers and I don't think he'd be their usual choice based on form.  I wouldn't see Perez going to Alpha if he was replaced by Gasly, therefore it can't be a straight swap so i'd promote Daruvala or something or have Ticktum re-enter the Red Bull program.  Something that would make sense in a normal narrative. Perez then becomes the hottest free agent on the grid and is ready to replace whomever has a lousy second half of the season. 

I also think the whole system needs tweaking as there's no hype or excitement for any of the moves. For example, if Max was going to Mercedes then there'd be more than a one line entry saying Verstappen ---> Mercedes.  I'd like if there were reports tied to the focus stat, for example, if Perez is having a few bad races and Gasly was doing well then there'd be a story like "Is Perez's Red Bull seat under threat?!" just to make it less of an afterthought. There are bigger issues than the showpiece of it though.

Taking away an option because it's not working correctly seems like a ham-fisted option when giving more autonomy to users allows the function to work as it was intended.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, BarryBL said:

We understand the need for this one. I've marked it for the attention of the developers, and they are aware of this request/suggestion. Once I have a further update, I'll add on. Thanks for the responses.

Thank you for the update on this one. As illuminated by the others above (better than I would have haha), this is really a killer at the moment. Turning off mid-season transfers or adding control over transfers would be much better than the current setup, and turning off transfers altogether might be better too 😕

5 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Hi all,

This is good to hear. Would there be any chance of a similar option between seasons to stop drivers retiring? Would he nice to have the free choice of being able to keep drivers like Kimi, Seb and Fernando around for longer than 1 or 2 seasons. 

1 hour ago, Wynterdust said:

This is good to hear. Would there be any chance of a similar option between seasons to stop drivers retiring? Would he nice to have the free choice of being able to keep drivers like Kimi, Seb and Fernando around for longer than 1 or 2 seasons. 

For the love of God this. I'm halfway through season 1 and Alonso just confirmed his retirement. I mean come on, it's literally his first season since his come back, we're halfway through and he quits again? This bugs me beyond belief.

17 hours ago, KNT2011 said:

A quick example of where they miss the mark even in Braking Point itself, I'm in the first handful of chapters, and there was all this talk in emails of this interview and photoshoot I was going to do, and how the guy doing it had been trying to get a hold of me and etc. etc. and I thought oh cool a little fun off track thing maybe it'll be a few cutscenes or something like the Will Buxton interviews etc. In the end it was an email saying hey what a great interview, lol. And that was it. All that faff about it in the game world, and it was nothing but another bland email to read. I did not participate in it at all. 

Like you say, on track is great this year, and once some issues are ironed out there's be plenty of great racing as there is every year, but everything outside has shrunk since 2017 quite significantly. 

I made the same complaint in another thread.  Lots of emails and talks about debrief sessions, interviews and events yet you never see any of them not to mention the user actually participate in them.  I eventually stopped reading my emails and merely scanned them at breakneck speed as what is the point?  The phonecalls from your mom and wife/daughter were cringe as hell and also just all a bunch of nothing.

• Agree 1

I haven't started my career mode yet, but I saw on YouTube from a small channel all the teams changed drivers, all of them, in the middle of the season.  Verstappen in Mercedes, Leclerc in Alfa Romeo, Bottas in Ferrari, Alonso and Vettel in McLaren, Gasly in Alpine, Ricciardo in Aston Martin.  The problem seems to be much worse than what you were reporting here.  I hope you fix that. 🤯

• Sad 1