Jump to content Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I’m a Haas driver in my temporary Driver Career save and it’s got to Race 11 and I’m sticking with Haas. Nothing a big deal there.  Mercedes are running away with the constructors and Hamilton is 12 points ahead of Bottas so you’d think it would be an exciting last 9 races!  And you’d probably be right if Mercedes hadn’t just binned off Bottas to put in Laursen.  One of the classic drivers… for the classic cars that don’t exist anymore. 
For reference, the only other moves were Stroll replaced by Kimi at Aston, Mazepin takes Kimi’s Alfa seat.   Bottas takes Mazepins place on the sidelines. 
A classic cars driver waddling in and immediately taking a seat at a front running team is pretty irritating considering they’re only supposed to be there for the MyTeam when you’ve spent all your moolah. I’d have understood if it was a different F1 driver who replaced Bottas, or even an F2 driver, but they’ve been completely overlooked for a fictional entity.  Completely killed the save stone-dead right there. 
Luckily it isn’t a serious career and I’m just going to delete it but that’d be really annoying if it happened on a genuine one. 
 

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

I’m a Haas driver in my temporary Driver Career save and it’s got to Race 11 and I’m sticking with Haas. Nothing a big deal there.  Mercedes are running away with the constructors and Hamilton is 12 points ahead of Bottas so you’d think it would be an exciting last 9 races!  And you’d probably be right if Mercedes hadn’t just binned off Bottas to put in Laursen.  One of the classic drivers… for the classic cars that don’t exist anymore. 
For reference, the only other moves were Stroll replaced by Kimi at Aston, Mazepin takes Kimi’s Alfa seat.   Bottas takes Mazepins place on the sidelines. 
A classic cars driver waddling in and immediately taking a seat at a front running team is pretty irritating considering they’re only supposed to be there for the MyTeam when you’ve spent all your moolah. I’d have understood if it was a different F1 driver who replaced Bottas, or even an F2 driver, but they’ve been completely overlooked for a fictional entity.  Completely killed the save stone-dead right there. 
Luckily it isn’t a serious career and I’m just going to delete it but that’d be really annoying if it happened on a genuine one. 
 

tumblr_pkjrw52zyJ1tvqse6_540.gif.2715c4685b851b7d251b911af8f2be6f.gif

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

I’m a Haas driver in my temporary Driver Career save and it’s got to Race 11 and I’m sticking with Haas. Nothing a big deal there.  Mercedes are running away with the constructors and Hamilton is 12 points ahead of Bottas so you’d think it would be an exciting last 9 races!  And you’d probably be right if Mercedes hadn’t just binned off Bottas to put in Laursen.  One of the classic drivers… for the classic cars that don’t exist anymore. 
For reference, the only other moves were Stroll replaced by Kimi at Aston, Mazepin takes Kimi’s Alfa seat.   Bottas takes Mazepins place on the sidelines. 
A classic cars driver waddling in and immediately taking a seat at a front running team is pretty irritating considering they’re only supposed to be there for the MyTeam when you’ve spent all your moolah. I’d have understood if it was a different F1 driver who replaced Bottas, or even an F2 driver, but they’ve been completely overlooked for a fictional entity.  Completely killed the save stone-dead right there. 
Luckily it isn’t a serious career and I’m just going to delete it but that’d be really annoying if it happened on a genuine one. 
 

That is exactly the problem with the mode and the terrible logic for driver transfers.  1.  Stroll isn't leavign Aston Martin for another team.  If he's out, he's done in F1 likely since his old man owns the damn team.  2. Mazepin isn't leaving HAss since his dad likely will own the team and basically already does. lol   I get the impression you're saying Bottas isn't on the grid?  I mean come on...    just give us control to do it ourselves or at least over ride it.  It honestly makes playing driver career completely worthless because what little immersion of the mode there actually is ends up ruined after season 1 almost always.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/22/2021 at 1:54 PM, DonBlanko said:

Good to read this BarryBL.

Until a possible patch is coming up:

Wouldn't it help to increase AI Team Acclaim and to decrease AI drivers acclaim in the settings? 

I mean if the driver transfers are related to the drivers and teams acclaim, this settings like I mentioned, should avoid that driver with low acclaim should transfer to teams with high acclaim, right? so top drivers would stay in top teams and "less top drivers" and Rookies would stay / go in teams with low acclaim or am I wrong? Has anybody tried this?

This wouldn't stop driver transfers at all but it could minimize it and it could avoid heavy unrealistic driver transfers. 

@SmokyAtom07wouldn't my theory avoid those transfers which happened to you ? 

Wouldn't a high team acclaim avoid that a driver with low acclaim could swap there ? But in your case I have the feeling, that there is no system behind these transfers.. even the acclaim seems not to matter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DonBlanko said:

@SmokyAtom07wouldn't my theory avoid those transfers which happened to you ? 

Wouldn't a high team acclaim avoid that a driver with low acclaim could swap there ? But in your case I have the feeling, that there is no system behind these transfers.. even the acclaim seems not to matter.

I get the idea and it would, at least, reduce the erratic nature of transfers.  It would create a chasm between the more experienced drivers and the less so.  Like Russell wouldn’t be able to have the acclaim for Mercedes but an Alonso would, yet only one is a realistic shout for a seat there.  I imagine acclaim level is why Bottas wasn’t hired by a lower team as his acclaim was too high in comparison to the teams. However, Merc have high team acclaim and Laursen surely doesn’t have any acclaim being that she’s not real. 
I’m thinking that they’ll just put the option back in to reduce driver transfers which isn’t a much better solution as it means the same things will happen, just slower, so I’m hoping for the ability to control driver moves and I’ll just bin off the entire classic driver pool for a start. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I appreciate that Barry took the time to say they knew and it was on their list, but let's be honest here; there is no excuse for this not being in the game when it was a big problem in 2019, got patched in way too late and was there by default in 2020. This games is a copy-paste of 2020 in so many aspects (lol, F1 2020 sponsor boards in Sochi loading screens), stuff like that just being removed gives me brain aneurisms. Like, why? Why would you ever remove that in the first place? We don't need Codies to remove options from us, we need them to improve those features further.

They boast that the game has a real season start (which is ironic considering the three missing tracks and the car performances not being even close to real life), yet driver transfers are still as erratic as ever. Why do AI not start career modes with the real life lengths to their contracts still in effect? Why does every driver have a six months contracts, why was my first save game nuked by having 10 driver transfers after 11 races, where Hamilton, dominating the championship, decides to move to Alfa Romeo and Latifi takes over at Merc. I deleted that save when I got to that point, why would I ever want a career mode so unrealistic? Why is that even possible? And now the option to turn those ridiculous transfers is gone. Again. After the mess it made in 2019.

I'm 3 races from the end of my first season of My Team and luckily, in that save no one transferred yet. But in 3 races, am I going to find myself in another situation where I just want to give up, uninstall the game and go back to playing 2020's 2003 season mod? Codies, please, for the love of God, pull yourself together. Stop removing QoL elements that were already in the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites

As i played just myTeam in 2020,this year i do normal driver carreer. Are f2 drivers are getting promoted to f1? I hope kimi is not driving anymore in season 3 🤔 as much as i like him,but are actual f2 drivers coming into f1? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rally36738289 said:

I used auto save off before contract in My Team.

You play without autosaving,  and when cpu mske transfer if don't like you, reload save game every time? Utile cpu make transfer like you?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, skylinegtr34 said:

You play without autosaving,  and when cpu mske transfer if don't like you, reload save game every time? Utile cpu make transfer like you?

Yes.I blocked Giovinazzi in Aston Martin.

( But, I didn't block Russell in Red Bull🤣)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...