Jump to content Jump to content

Engine wear - quick practice

Does it wear too quickly if quick practice is used (as suggested by @_aarava's My Team videos)? I'd say yes. My ICE was at 37% after just the first two races. I still haven't tried not using quick practice.

If anyone has more data or knowledge of this bug, I urge you to report it asap in the appropiate section. Thank you.

What I do is bite the bullet on ur first PU then when u start using the second one make sure you install PU 1 when simming so it destroys that one instead of the current one also make sure to do the engine mapping upgrade to your character ASAP

1 hour ago, Ferdi1702 said:

What I do is bite the bullet on ur first PU then when u start using the second one make sure you install PU 1 when simming so it destroys that one instead of the current one also make sure to do the engine mapping upgrade to your character ASAP

Doing it that way, you will still have to purchase extra engines during a 20 race season. So while it looks like a solution, really all you are doing is the same thing and getting the same amount of wear overall across the same engines.

All you need to do is just keep to 1 hour max per race in quick practice and then there is no issue.

Edited by Scarla88

There should be a all in option to do all in one try in quick practice. For now i do All 3 programmes and if one objective is left i quick practice it. But to be solely on it, it does what it does, but its not worth it to do everything, Just limit the wear and gains to race quickly, which is Also nice.

4 minutes ago, Silverchris said:

I understand why codemasters done the wear but all it seems to do is punish people for using something put into game to help those who just want to race or don’t have time to do all the practices.

They are not punishing you though? You can still get roughly the equivalent of what you could last year by just doing 1 hour of quick practice. There should be an incentive for people to do practice manually otherwise everyone would be doing 3 hours of quick practice!

The wear is the same as simulating practice sessions in 2020 and it's ridiculous. Doing the same practice programmes over the years has become repetitive and simulating/quick practice should fix that. AI spending all 3 practice sessions talk is bs. You are already handicapping yourself by getting less resource points by simulating than you could've got manually and that's enough "punishment".

• Agree 2
3 hours ago, Zviko said:

The wear is the same as simulating practice sessions in 2020 and it's ridiculous. Doing the same practice programmes over the years has become repetitive and simulating/quick practice should fix that. AI spending all 3 practice sessions talk is bs. You are already handicapping yourself by getting less resource points by simulating than you could've got manually and that's enough "punishment".

Its not really bs, every choice is a run.

Now, i would prefer that every quick run you have a chance of nailing all of objectives or part of it than pick your cards until you blow your car. It would be fairer and balanced for drivers familiar with the tracks and just want to race, which would be what you wanted too I think.

A quick suggestion for you quick practice people. If you set yourself just to do 1 hour of quick practice to minimise wear, you can also compensate now with increasing the amount of development points your team earns in settings (In Expert mode) . So you can un-handicap yourselves slightly more.

Quick practice is pretty frustrating IMO.  First; it's not really that quick.  You end up wasting alot of time in the session too, many times I've ended up with like 7 minutes left and no sessions to "simulate" in that time frame.  Engine wear I do find is quite severe using quick practice as well.  If it's wearing that fast because it takes so much practice time "on track".  Example: for an engine upgrade - run one clean sector - 8 minutes.  Why does that take 8 minutes?

If the goal was to make simulating practice easier for those who don't want to do the practice programs over and over why replace the simple method last year of just pressing one button to simulate the session and tell you your rewards with this system? I like the idea of this new system, but it's pretty poorly executed in my opinion.  Rather than being a helpful way to save time in a race weekend doing the boring monotonous practice sessions; it's actually detrimental for the player to use it.  So; in trying to simplify the process and make it easier on the player they've actually done the opposite IMO.

Like I said; good idea, but it needs work.  First, it needs to simulate faster.  Simple tasks like "a clean sector", or "stay on track for one lap" shouldn't take 12, 10, or even 7 minutes to complete.  Second; the whole system shouldn't be consuming so much "track time" that it causes so much wear to the car.  It's fine if you want to still have simming the practice program itself take 7 minutes as your "penalty" for simulation; that's fine.  But don't treat it as the car being on the track that long because it's illogical based on the goals of the sessions.  Think about it... If you DRIVE the qualifying programme yourself.  It's one lap needed for green or purple; 3 laps max right? I can hit all the 3 boost in one lap potentially.  When you use quick practice it's 10 minutes for green.  probably 10 for purple too.  Then each boost is potentially another 8 or 7 minutes each.  It just doesn't carry any logic.  The quick practice system only lets you hit one goal at a time, but driving you can hit all 5 potentially in one lap.  So again; I ask what's the point of "quick practice".  I know it's supposed to "penalize" you for not driving yourself, but its also supposed to be simple and quick.  Real time maybe it is, but game time it sure isn't and it's killing your engine components unnecessarily and illogically.

If you want to "simulate" practice you can have it work the same way, just be quicker, and offer less rewards.  So instead of 100 resource points for green and purple, just give 75 or something less; for the boosts just offer less savings if you use quick practice.  No need to do one goal at a time consuming illogical amounts of time.

After testing it out myself I just think there's no point in using the system because it penalizes you far too much for doing so.  With that being the case it just brings up the question of what's the point of this new system? Is it better than what we had?  No.  Is it faster than what we had?  No.   Good idea, just not so good execution IMO.  Hopefully it gets improved on because the way i see it not there is not sense in using it. 

Edited by petro1319
  • Agree 1