Jump to content Jump to content

I do not understand that they have eliminated the championships mode

As it may be that they have eliminated the championships mode, leaving only the Grand Prix option that only has one saved, which makes it impossible to play a season of F1 and F2 at the same time, or even to be able to play a single GP without having to delete the championship you have in progress. Unfortunate and disastrous decision made by Codemasters, a clear step back from F1 2020.
  • Agree 6

I'm surprised more people aren't complaining about the stripping away of Championships, and game save slots overall.  It's just a massive step backwards and slap in the face really.

Outside of the game save bug that currently has made My Team unplayable for me (hoping 1.04 fixes that when MS approves it) and the lack of championships, and gave save slots I love the game, but its incredibly frustrating what they took away from the game.  They're simple things really; fail to see why they had to be cut.

• Agree 6
2 hours ago, petro1319 said:

I'm surprised more people aren't complaining about the stripping away of Championships, and game save slots overall.  It's just a massive step backwards and slap in the face really.

Outside of the game save bug that currently has made My Team unplayable for me (hoping 1.04 fixes that when MS approves it) and the lack of championships, and gave save slots I love the game, but its incredibly frustrating what they took away from the game.  They're simple things really; fail to see why they had to be cut.

Totally agree with you. A shame that an official game lacks from essential features. I’m not so surprised that the championship mode is not present because CM (and it will get worse with EA) concentrates on new features (Braking Point this year) to sell more  everything year. Personnaly I only use the GP mode (fed up with career always the same for years or My Team or Braking Point). The worse is the pitcoins and all the f… stuff a F1 fan does not care.

• Agree 2
1 hour ago, Exasperated said:

I'm playing F1 2017 and its just great , of course it has its problems but all those things just disappear into the ether as there's no xxxx shop and no 'Snapping Point' or other children catching baited hooks. Its a dream ...............https://youtu.be/A71PJxeq284

Even after a session or a race on GP mode, you have a screen with xp and all childish toy, before the race result 

Posted (edited)
I also liked the game, but the decision to suppress championships has been a jug of cold water, because it greatly limits the possibilities you have in the game. It is that what they have done is so absurd that I cannot find justification, nor do I believe that I have it sincerely. It is as if in a soccer game you cannot play a friendly match because if you do not delete the season that you are still playing.
We are in the year 2021 and we are going backwards instead of forward at the level of options with video games, what happens to developers to make such a disastrous decision. 

Playing with another account is an option, but you do not add the experience points to your account as it should be, and having to walk with those strange maneuvers and not play from my account after having paid for a Deluxe version because it bothers me very a lot, we are not going to fool ourselves.
Edited by Calgaryan
  • Agree 1

Yes using another account really isn't any sort of 'solution'. Principally as it's a faff that certainly shouldn't be necessary. There is though also the XP issue, and one reason I sometimes use GP mode for isolated races is actually to complete Podium Pass challenges that are also user-account specific.

Edited by Ultra3142
At least they could have expanded the number of saves in the Grand Prix section as there is in career mode, but they have not taken the trouble to do this. What an absurd way to tarnish a great game.
  • Agree 1

Yeah can't believe they ditched championship mode, so you can't take your favourite driver to the world championship now. Unless you want to select all GP in Grand Prix mode but that means you can't race a stand-alone race while your doing that.

12 hours ago, petro1319 said:

To be completely honest I was expecting the opposite - more (!) save game slots than before in the F1 2021 game. Any father / nerd player / content creator / player with friends needs those badly, and everyone else, too. Codies, this is a letdown as of now!

• Agree 1

Imagine releasing an official F1 game where you can’t play an official F1 championship..... Doing a full championship as a real driver is literally all I really do on F1 games so to say I’m disappointed is an understatement. 

Full Championship is in the game.

Select Grand Prix mode, select either F1 or F2 and if you tab across on the next screen the full Championship option is there for both F1 and F2.

Edited by Sadler
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Sadler said:

Select Grand Prix mode, select either F1 or F2 and if you tab across on the next screen the full Championship option is there for both F1 and F2.

I'm off the console right now but if this is actually the case, the same championship mode of yore right there again, I'll laugh out so loud! Never played it for real on previous games but even I was starting to lament its absence.

2 hours ago, Sadler said:

It is already known that there is the possibility of playing a season of F1 2021. But here the problem that arises is another, and is to be able to play that season F1 2021, being able to combine it with any single GP or a season of F2 without having to overwrite said F1 2021 championship, because there is only one space to save game. As it was in F1 2020 exactly, hence the complaint that they have eliminated the mode called championships, where you had a save for each category of single-seaters, and if you wanted to play a single race any day you went to Grand Prix, but your championships continued stored there intact to continue when you want. Doing that now is impossible, so it is clearly a step back from F1 2020 in this section.
  • Agree 2
3 hours ago, Sadler said:

The issue there though is if you start it that way and want to play a regular grand prix race halfway through your "championship" you'll lose that championship.  You can't just save it as a separate file.  You either play all 20 races in grand prix mode to "simulate" a championship, or you have the grand prix mode for one off races.  That's the problem.  Championship mode itself is gone now.  So you can't have an ongoing championship season, and still play regular grand prix races.  It's poor execution, lazy, and its just inexcusable IMO.

Edited by petro1319
  • Agree 1

Yeah Codemasters does like to take these weird steps. There was a similar thing a year or so ago where they stopped allowing you to create multiple career mode drivers. Depriving players of the option to have multiple championships or career modes... ect just doesn't make sense to me. Also I liked the multiple championships you used to be able to play in championship mode. I thought it was a good addition and am disappointed that they took it away.

Unfortunately I have to agree, I was already missing saving slots in F1 2020, with F1 2021 without the Championship Mode I'm quite in trouble on how to enjoy the season. According to F1 2020 features I was planning to play 1 GP mode 100% (dry only at higher AI) + 1 Championship mode 100% (dynamic with slightly lower AI), but now I really don't know what to do right now, besides without 3 tracks I should even wait for them... Just my personal problem, but a mess... 😢

• Agree 1