Jump to content Jump to content

2021 Cars Making High Pitched whistling Sounds

I just completed the F1 2020 season in Braking Point and moved into 2021 and noticed during the first race that there is a high pitched whistling sound, I tried both the F1 and F2 cars in Time Trial and noticed that the F2 cars were not making the whistling sound. Is it normal for the 2021 cars to be making that sound?, as it is really high pitched and can be really distracting if not uncomfortable to hear.

28 minutes ago, RattlyPeter said:

I just completed the F1 2020 season in Braking Point and moved into 2021 and noticed during the first race that there is a high pitched whistling sound, I tried both the F1 and F2 cars in Time Trial and noticed that the F2 cars were not making the whistling sound. Is it normal for the 2021 cars to be making that sound?, as it is really high pitched and can be really distracting if not uncomfortable to hear.

You are just starting the 2021 game irritations list so its just normal,  I think it is supposed to be a turbo sound or perhaps it is the English governments dog whistle that was picked up while they were laying the sound tracks. Turn down the effects volume and turn other things up to lower its annoyance factor.

Posted (edited)

I have adjusted the effects volume but I hope they lower the "whistling" sound a bit. It's not a game breaker but it would be nice if they adjusted it slightly as when you get to higher speeds it does begin to get obvious and can feel like at times it's louder than the engine itself.

Edited by RattlyPeter
12 minutes ago, Exasperated said:

You are just starting the 2021 game irritations list so its just normal,  I think it is supposed to be a turbo sound or perhaps it is the English governments dog whistle that was picked up while they were laying the sound tracks. Turn down the effects volume and turn other things up to lower its annoyance factor.

I have adjusted the effects volume but I hope they lower the "whistling" sound a bit. It's not a game breaker but it would be nice if they adjusted it slightly as when you get to higher speeds it does begin to get obvious and can feel like at times it's louder than the engine itself.

Just now, RattlyPeter said:

If you TV or monitor menu settings allows maybe you can take the higher frequencies down abit so it is not so shrill.

this whistling that you are talking about is the turbo whistling. This is completely normal in the real formula 1 and since this season it is a bit more audible. in my opinion a little too dominant in the game

The sounds now are comparable with the real sounds we’re hearing from the cars. 

I play using offset T-cam and during the British GP at the weekend I found myself constantly thinking “they sound exactly like the game” when the onboard camera was being used. 

Essentially, it’s accurate so it doesn’t need touching.