Jump to content Jump to content

UDP - IP address invalid

• when trying to link my SIM Dashboard app to run with F1 2021, I'm unable to add my IP address, which follows the format xxx.xxx.x.xxx, whilst the game only accepts IP addresses in the format xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

• IP address invalid format

• Xbox One

• all game modes, including menus

• tried resetting my internet and phone, but my IP address remains the same. Tried adding 00 before or after my single digit.

• Settings, telemetry, turn on, update IP address (mine is xxx.xxx.x.xxx) but the game doesn't accept the format and tells me it's invalid.

15 hours ago, Timoto58 said:

• when trying to link my SIM Dashboard app to run with F1 2021, I'm unable to add my IP address, which follows the format xxx.xxx.x.xxx, whilst the game only accepts IP addresses in the format xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

• IP address invalid format

• Xbox One

• all game modes, including menus

• tried resetting my internet and phone, but my IP address remains the same. Tried adding 00 before or after my single digit.

• Settings, telemetry, turn on, update IP address (mine is xxx.xxx.x.xxx) but the game doesn't accept the format and tells me it's invalid.

With what device are you entering the digits?

1 hour ago, Timoto58 said:

I'm using my Logitech G920, if that's what you are asking?

Not really. With what are you entering the IP address? Keyboard or controller? Virtual (on-screen) keyboard? It's just that it's free keyboard entry on the PC and it accepts the IP address with or without leading zeroes.

5 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Not really. With what are you entering the IP address? Keyboard or controller? Virtual (on-screen) keyboard? It's just that it's free keyboard entry on the PC and it accepts the IP address with or without leading zeroes.

Hi, the controller I'm using is my Logitech G920 wheel, with the in-game virtual keyboard. I will try entering my IP address with the standard Xbox Controller or failing that, a plug in USB keyboard

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Timoto58 said:

Hi, the controller I'm using is my Logitech G920 wheel, with the in-game virtual keyboard. I will try entering my IP address with the standard Xbox Controller or failing that, a plug in USB keyboard

It sounds like it needs looking at but the more info the better 👍

Just for reference, I have been able to do this with no issue, so while I don't doubt there's an issue, it may not be across all platforms. I am on XSX with G920. Maybe just an xbox one thing? 

Maybe typing with the Logitech wheel alters the way keyboard strokes are handle. But I don’t consider this an issue for now since there is a normal workaround and none other posts regarding this.

• 2 weeks later...