Jump to content Jump to content

AI ridiculously fast in high speed corners

On 8/30/2021 at 6:01 PM, Nuvolarix said:

AUSTRIA - Spielberg

Hi there, today my analysis in Austria and yes, the AI seems totally on another planet in T3, after the study on Monza I didn't think the situation was so serious, honestly 😕

Once I'm completely off the pace I use only my data of Time Trial (in any case better than my Q attempts) and mainly the current TT WR data (from Playstation), here the data:
- from my side I'm more or less able to match the AI 105 in S1 and S2 while I'm 0,5 s. slower in S3, which is 0,7 s. in comparison with AI 110
- the TT WR is almost able to match AI 110 in S1 and S2 but it's also 0,5 s. slower in S3, no story at all.

tab.jpg.d185712cf691acbf06133c09973344ad.jpg

The telemetry graphs speak for themselves:

in the (5) Wurth I'm already in trouble while the WR man is still able to match the AI 105 (but not the AI 110), impossible for anybody to keep up the AI speed at the (7) Rindt and in the following short straight to prepare the (8), unfortunately here something looks really broken with the AI 😢

bestTT_vs_AI110.thumb.jpg.2adcb9e6320240e11e4f3f4aa6b69800.jpg

bestTT_vs_AI105.thumb.jpg.762714ea0bb0ab51d95529230d4c70fc.jpg

WR_vs_AI110.thumb.jpg.8ed68948eeab767682c2b01cfe63c444.jpg

WR_vs_AI105.thumb.jpg.125ef5f8d139087b4a06afb2582db1ca.jpg

Bye,
Nuv

Hi there again,

I checked if I had some telemetry from F1 2020 and I found interesting data in Austria. Being all in all the performances (at least at the moment) very similar on the user side between F1 2020 and F1 2021, perhaps it may be useful to "take a step back" as regards the management of AI, at least as regards trajectories, accelerator / brake. As starting point maybe it would be easier rather than starting from the 2021 behaviour and trying to fix it.

F1 2020 - AUSTRIA - Spielberg

As you can see below the AI behaviour was good, perhaps a bit slow, being an AI 110, as in this case I managed to snatch the pole for few thousandths, but good (BTW I've seen also a 1.02.8xx by Hamilton in Q - AI 110):

1298115095_09.Spielberg-F12020.thumb.jpg.d3d119572222884423ad40f4ff0f754f.jpg

Look in particular between 7 and 8: the AI was probably a bit slower then me but just because it went too fast at the entry and needed to slow down a bit too much in the center. Overall still ok.

Regards,
Nuv

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Manage expectations???? It's not a lot to expect a full price triple a game not to be fundematelly broken is it ?? As this is what this is and by sounds of it potentially going to be left . Playing on a high level were every tenth counts and seeing ai just drive off due to them been broken is ridiculous. If it had actually been tested properly or at all it would of been picked up but no just released half assed . 

• Agree 1

Nuvolarix you did a nice job, glad to see that these problems were not just my driving but AI too fast in fast corners. Hoping now that the developers will quickly fix this. There are circuits that I love to ride on but I don't like at all because of the level of the AI, starting the weekend we are sure to finish 0.5 sec min behind our teammate.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

@BarryBL Hey, might be a stupid question but did/do you guys consider just increasing the Peak/PeakMin/PeakMax values for the tires at maximum lateral load? It results in almost fixing the high speed issues entirely leaving the only real problem (at 102 AI) Zandvoort turn 7 - which would be a way easier fix than rebalancing all of them😄 - of course here and there some faster and slower cornering speeds but there are always slight differences.. Might of course just be that you guys already found a different solution or started retraining the AI..

• Administrator
Just now, Kevin1723 said:

@BarryBL is the ai fixed with the newest patch? couldnt find any patch notes apart from the aston safety car portimao and car peformance

There is no patch notes for 1.10 yet. And no, these changes will require much more research and time to complete I'm afraid.

• Sad 1
6 hours ago, BarryBL said:

And no, these changes will require much more research and time to complete I'm afraid.

I don't want to be rude, but how much are we talking here? Weeks? Months? Next year's game? Please give us at least a ballpark figure so that we know if we should even be waiting for it or maybe it's better to just give up hope and move on. This uncertainty is bloody excruciating! 😫

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
3 hours ago, CityGhostGamer said:

I don't want to be rude, but how much are we talking here? Weeks? Months? Next year's game? Please give us at least a ballpark figure so that we know if we should even be waiting for it or maybe it's better to just give up hope and move on. This uncertainty is bloody excruciating! 😫

I agree: it’s been an issue for a while now and if someone could at least give some kind of indication it would be greatly appreciated by everyone. I understand it’s hard but anything will help 

5 minutes ago, 66Moo said:

I agree: it’s been an issue for a while now and if someone could at least give some kind of indication it would be greatly appreciated by everyone. I understand it’s hard but anything will help 

for sure its getting on my nerves. every time there is an update i just have an tiny bit of hope but still nothing and its been a problem since launch😞😞😞

• Agree 1

PORTUGAL - Portimao - [patch 1.10]

• compare the Playstation WR record with 'no aids' VS a qualifying lap of AI 110 in all the tracks reported in Barry's table (Note: the WR is the current best possible, the AI Q lap is typically made in a single session or at most two, in some cases it can be improved and quite easily achieved, but still good for telemetry purposes);

• use red circles in the points of attention;

• sometimes the WR has an 'alternate' line (I don't know if for connection problems or other), when I realized it I took another similar time, but in essence the general line does not change and the comparison is still possible;

• in some tracks there's a much higher top speed by AI, this is due to setup reasons for which I ignore it.

T7 [KO] & maybe T10 (Portimao) TBC

1399597734_03.Portimao_WR_vs_AI110.thumb.jpg.d3992fe7c8c1f03ebbd111830b18de1f.jpg

Greetings,
Nuv

• Thanks 1

I have noticed the same thing. I am racing at 105 and seem to be losing 4-6 tenths through a few corners on some tracks. Its really bad through the mid section of Silverstone and Spa. Zandvoort is also horrible because im losing 7 tenths through not even 2 corners. I hope codies fix this as its ruining MyTeam a little for me. 

• Like 1

when does this finally get fixed its like its taking forever i dont like to complain but i only play offline so its just not fun anymore and i havent touched the game in like two weeks now just because of this very annoying bug😓😓😓

• Agree 1
47 minutes ago, Kevin1723 said:

when does this finally get fixed its like its taking forever i dont like to complain but i only play offline so its just not fun anymore and i havent touched the game in like two weeks now just because of this very annoying bug😓😓😓

Just let it go, man. I have, and I'm all better for it. Probably gonna play some more sometime around Christmas, when all the tracks are in. But I'm not holding my breath anymore, it's a waste of time and nerves at this point. It looks like if the issue won't be fixed when the AI retraining is complete, then it won't be fixed at all.

yeah all the hope is on the ai retraining if that doesnt help it probably isnt going to be fixt in this years game luckily i play on playstation and gran turismo 7 is coming which is looking absolutely fantastic right now so yeah if it doesnt get fixt this year there is luckily going to be another good race game and xbox and pc players are getting the new forza game

• Administrator

Hi everyone,

We are currently working through this one (special shoutout to @Nuvolarix for some excellent reporting)

As you can imagine (and previously mentioned), this one will take some time and require a substantial work our side. Are the offending sections of track still present here. I want to remind here that we will be looking and testing obvious potential areas that we can consistently prove without doubt, some marginal differences may be down to player strengths and weaknesses.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
On 9/30/2021 at 2:03 PM, CityGhostGamer said:

It looks like if the issue won't be fixed when the AI retraining is complete, then it won't be fixed at all.

Hang on, did i miss something? I thought the whole point of retraining the A.I was to get rid of the OP high speed corners?

3 hours ago, Jobling1983 said:

Hang on, did i miss something? I thought the whole point of retraining the A.I was to get rid of the OP high speed corners?

No, from what I'm told/I've read, it's to do with retraining the AI to race on the new tracks. 

Look for a post (a fairly condescending one at that) from Marioho in the F1 chat section that explains it. 

Edited by Sonic6L
  • Thanks 1

By playing a little bit Esports Q 2022 in Austria, I have to say the biggest issue must be in qualifying performance as during that 6 laps race with Sainz (AI 110) I’m very competitive in Sector 3.

Although Sainz runs new soft tyres while Leclerc-Ricciardo-Perez are on the medium but I didn’t check whether they are new as well or not 🤔

Nuv

Edited by Nuvolarix

in these wholesale investigations, is improving the experience of "driving in the rain" being considered? Because the AI is just unbeatable and the only feasible way to play the game against the AI is to force dry conditions (which is broken...)