Jump to content Jump to content

AI ridiculously fast in high speed corners

• Administrator
Just now, Meza994 said:

So i guess you guys will only change the AI? Not take into consideration that the tyre grip is wrong in the first place? Which is the reason why high speed corners are impossible to drive in the game as they do in real life?

Just asking in general because it kinda bothers me how unrealistic the car behaviour at high speed is compared to the rest.

Details of the changes aren't available quite yet. Would be the choice of the design team and based of analytics in game.

• Thanks 2
2 hours ago, Meza994 said:

So i guess you guys will only change the AI? Not take into consideration that the tyre grip is wrong in the first place? Which is the reason why high speed corners are impossible to drive in the game as they do in real life?

Just asking in general because it kinda bothers me how unrealistic the car behaviour at high speed is compared to the rest.

I think you're asking about something very different to the subject of this thread, unless you think the tyre model is different for the AI and human players? 

12 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

I think you're asking about something very different to the subject of this thread, unless you think the tyre model is different for the AI and human players? 

Trust me i know what im talking about, AI is only affected by a decrease of tyre grip, not an increase and the AI are so fast in the high speed corners for the most part because they behave as having ~30% more tyre grip at high speed. Some corners are even worse but thats a mod i made to fix the High speed stuff with 85% success, only stuff like Zandvoort Turn 7, the extreme things are not covered. It is very relevant for this topic, hopefully the devs who are in charge of the fix have realised it

2 hours ago, Meza994 said:

Trust me i know what im talking about, AI is only affected by a decrease of tyre grip, not an increase and the AI are so fast in the high speed corners for the most part because they behave as having ~30% more tyre grip at high speed. Some corners are even worse but thats a mod i made to fix the High speed stuff with 85% success, only stuff like Zandvoort Turn 7, the extreme things are not covered. It is very relevant for this topic, hopefully the devs who are in charge of the fix have realised it

Sorry if I'm being thick but was that a 'yes' or 'no' in answer to my question?

Just now, Ultra3142 said:

Sorry if I'm being thick but was that a 'yes' or 'no' in answer to my question?

They tyre model is the same for the probably, but they behave as if they had a different model, as if they had much more tyre grip, it is tyre grip, not downforce.

Hi there, 

I'm new here because of this same problem. I am in my third season now in driver career with Ferrari. In the last season i became champions and had to set the AI higher because otherwise i would beat them a little too easy.. And i had a tactic to find the sweet spot for that. And the first two or three races in my 3rd season went very well. But after i imported the new driver stats they became unbeatable.. i am driving now at Zandvoort. In season one and two it went very well. But now it is not fun anymore. Because every session i set the difficulty lower but every session they become faster and faster. In fp3 perez had a time of 1:09.450 and i was 1.5 sec slower. So i lowered the ai to become more competitive but now is perez driving a time of 1:09.277 in q1 only. I stopped the game for now and saved the session because it seems to me that this can't be right.. For me it is a shame because i had so much fun with my driver career, but now i almost avoid it because of this problem.. I took Zandvoort as example because i have a quali now there. But this is going on for a longer time now. And like i said before i think it is because of the new stats i've imported in my savegame. But i'm not really sure about that.. I hope my english isn't that bad, if so my apologies for it! But my irritation grows per session and i made an account here specially for this problem. Normally i'm too lazy for that😅

Edit: I noticed now that my friend Checo has set a time of 1:08.824... and my teammate 1:09.508. And i've putted the ai down...

Edited by BoefBalli
Little update
37 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Might a factor in the above comparison be different track conditions in TT and wherever the comparison is from?

The "pole AI 110" comes from a Short Qualifying session (18 mins) in forced DRY conditions, so it must be the very best they can achieve. Obviously 1-2 tenths could be improved by repeating the session more times. BTW the same conditions of all my other tests in this topic.

Regards,
Nuv

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
13 minutes ago, Kevin1723 said:

@BarryBL i really want some news regarding this problem like what is the progress right now of the retraining and if its in this game or f1 2022

Still very much on the agenda. Like previously mentioned, may take some time. 

1 hour ago, Kevin1723 said:

ok but is it gonna be in f1 2022 or f1 2021? i like to know that because were already halfway the life cycle of the game (i think) so obviously you guys are already working on f1 2022 so that is the reason it has me worried that its not gonna be in this years game

you can definitely say the developers have completely ****** up 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/9/2021 at 1:01 PM, BarryBL said:

Hi @Kevin1723,

To manage expectations here, a 'fix' won't be so simple here. We have to have discussions on preferred AI behaviour and then consider wholesale changes if that is what is deemed the correct course of action.

We are having those discussions now, but it is in its early phases. To make complete changes to behaviour, if we did so, will take a large amount of time and resource. Once I have a update, I will add on here.

I dont think its the AI behaviour, nor the AI grip or downforce that needs to change, its the player's. we cant take copse flat, which is ez flat IRL, if we dont have a setup especially for that, we cant take pouhon with a tap on the brake, which isnt the case IRL either. the AI have been cheating noticably with grip, since atleast 2020 I think before aswell, but in 2021 its egregious, and even more so bc the player doesnt have enough of it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Kevin1723 said:

@BarryBL do you guys have any idea when the ai retraining is complete? and if not what the progress is right now?

We have progress on this, apologies for some of the delay here.

We have some changes coming in the next patch regarding this subject. No ETA at this time.

• Thanks 2
1 minute ago, BarryBL said:

We have some changes coming in the next patch regarding this subject. No ETA at this time.

@BarryBLomg thank you so much its super good to see there are coming fixes next patch!😁😁😁

I don’t mind ai being faster than me in the corners if they are infront.

ifs having the likes off ai Bottas  behind me. If he doesn’t get his mega aggressive  nuts pass completed he’ll just wiped us both out.  And mainly at Russia.  I’m wondering cause he raced well there once if the devs set that as his home gp and a speed boost

• Disagree 2
On 1/10/2022 at 11:13 AM, BarryBL said:

That's great news! Thank you.