Jump to content Jump to content

No Assists vs Assists

11 minutes ago, azombie1223 said:

As someone that is disabled and JUST started to finally adapt to no assists except auto gearbox, banning assists in ranked races is shallow imo.

I'm impressed if you're able to drive with TC off whilst using auto gears. One way most people make this easier is to short-shift with manual gears, which I appreciate may not be an option for you.

As to your other point, note that my original suggestion was to have separate assists and no-assists ranked sections (and TT leaderboards), rather than to make ranked exclusively no-assist.

Edited by Ultra3142
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

I'm impressed if you're able to drive with TC off whilst using auto gears. One way most people make this easier is to short-shift with manual gears, which I appreciate may not be an option for you.

As to your other point, note that my original suggestion was to have separate assists and no-assists ranked sections (and TT leaderboards), rather than to make ranked exclusively no-assist.

I agree on this part wholeheartedly. My response was to a guy that wanted them kept out of ranked altogether.

• Like 1
On 7/20/2021 at 2:45 PM, ritti1987 said:

the same unnecessary discussion every year. Controller drivers are faster, people with driving aids are faster blah blah blah sorry guys i have to say something about that. Sometimes I ask myself whether the people who initiate such discussions even understand what driver assistance systems are for. these systems are there to be able to move a car as safely as possible for the less experienced. not everyone plays F1 all day but also has a life. but these people just want to drive fast and also want to have a chance against pros. here are 2 videos linked and in the first of these videos you can clearly see that you are much faster without driving aids. The difference is 3.5 seconds. in the end it will unfortunately be the case again that you people screw up the fun of the game because you moan anew every time about controllers or driving aids that can't be serious. I myself am always on the move with ABS and TC medium because I drive with a controller. Last year there was also moaning because they are overpowered and that was then processed and I lost the fun of F1 2020 because it just became much harder to drive. Sometimes you had to struggle more than someone who hadn't switched on a driving aid. So again for everyone: just because you don't use driving aids does not mean that you are automatically much, much, much faster and more superior.

You shouldn't have a chance in the first place when racing versus pro's if you need assists. Why should beginners be able to race with and let alone beat players that put many hours in the game? I'm all with you that new players and players that just race for some casual fun should have the ability to do so without spinning every corner. But they don't have to be just as fast or faster than the pro's when doing so.

I race with a couple of friends and we all try very hard to master the game without assitst except for one guy that just hops in every race without any practice and manages to keep up and even beat us immediately. Why should we be the ones to practice even more, if you could just make the penalty for using assists a bit higher?

I'm also in a non-assists and a assists league. The level in the non-assists league is higher, but I'm still able to fight for a point position. The non-assist racers are slower, but have the benefit of almost never make any mistakes and thus make it very hard for me to compete.

It makes it too easy to just stay on the safe side and use assists.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
28 minutes ago, azombie1223 said:

As someone that is disabled and JUST started to finally adapt to no assists except auto gearbox, banning assists in ranked races is shallow imo.

first off all: respect for doing what you do with your disability! A lot of people could learn from you! 

But!

Who said BANNING? No one talks about banning people, just linking the right people with the right amount of assists in the right lobbies. Not my fault that they call it SKILL level. 

that’s how it works online everywhere. And here the simplest way to link skill is to link it to assists beeing used. 

and I think that it’s safe to say you’re already Master. Auto gears isn’t an assists that hurts other people like ABS or TC, racing line, pit assist (when you go without pit assist and beeing rammed from behind and getting penalised for speeding and collision as a bonus) 

auto gears don’t give an immediate edge over manual, because auto always shifts safe, on manual we can rev in the limiter as long as we want

I drive with a wheel and pedals, no assists, no racing line, no skinny halo bar, cockpit view because that's what the real drivers do. I don't care where I stand on the leaderboards. I just want the realism.

Steve

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

In terms of leaderboards why can't we just be able to filter out either those with assists or those w/o assists. Since the leaderboard can display what assists are being used (or not) this should be very straightforward. 

• Agree 2
19 minutes ago, dwin20 said:

In terms of leaderboards why can't we just be able to filter out either those with assists or those w/o assists. Since the leaderboard can display what assists are being used (or not) this should be very straightforward. 

Yes I've often said I wish it was possible to apply filters to the leaderboards.

1 hour ago, dwin20 said:

Yep, and why can’t we filter by car, pad/wheel, and view as well (all but cockpit view should be assists in my opinion anyway).

This way we could easily compare ourselves to those that race like us. I’m not interested in where i sit on an overall leaderboard but would like to see where i sit against those playing the game the same way i do.

And if they were filters (i.e. optional to apply) then it wouldn’t hurt anyone to have them.

Sadly, we’ve been asking for years and CM take no notice.

I had made a complete speech about this like I said, since I’m one of the people who’s been on the frontline of creating an even and more fair playground, without anyone suffering from it. And to make it clear, this is since the very beginning of ranked lobbies, and I’m glad more people are speaking out what I’m already saying for years now😑

Edited by AlexTT

All this talking about assists, I would also prefer a locked cockpit view for the ranked online mode and an option for this in leagues. T-Cam view is mighty unrealisitic and yet the no assists people whine about how unrealistic fast times with assists are.

Edited by MAK
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
37 minutes ago, MAK said:

All this talking about assists, I would also prefer a locked cockpit view for the ranked online mode and an option for this in leagues. T-Cam view is mighty unrealisitic and yet the no assists people whine about how unrealistic fast with assists times are.

Signed mate, finally a useful comment here

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
15 hours ago, dwin20 said:

Don't know if there is a way, but also filter between wheel & pedals and controller...

6 hours ago, MAK said:

All this talking about assists, I would also prefer a locked cockpit view for the ranked online mode and an option for this in leagues. T-Cam view is mighty unrealisitic and yet the no assists people whine about how unrealistic fast times with assists are.

I don’t bring it up because I only use cockpit view for years now and haven’t thought of it tbh. Tview cam i have my opinion of too haha

like never seen a f1 driver sit on his halo or engine cover while driving.

• Thanks 1
23 hours ago, Stevewf1 said:

I drive with a wheel and pedals, no assists, no racing line, no skinny halo bar, cockpit view because that's what the real drivers do. I don't care where I stand on the leaderboards. I just want the realism.

Steve

Same here mate and I confirm all you said,except halo Bar,in real you can see better than in the game view,try it once holding a small thing right in Front of your face,your eyes kind of ignoring it and you would see the car in Front. The game cannot visiual it. So this is fine to switch off.otherwise i agree with you 

• Agree 1

I remember there was a time that the game had a pro mode where everything was off and race cam forced on cockpit. Was it on 15? Anyway, that could be a style of ranked races for those willing

The issue is not assist vs no assist as at least on pc the drivers without assist are faster….

The issue will be the no assist drivers with cheats on 

That is the annoying thing .

If you see the time on TT and the download numbers of cheat table for MP - that is the real issue here .

In Forum the discussion is about how much grip they need so no one will identify them …..

• Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, Shark2Racing said:

The issue is not assist vs no assist as at least on pc the drivers without assist are faster….

For info. on PlayStation many top times currently use assists but I've yet to spot any obvious cheat times.

On 7/20/2021 at 5:02 PM, Ultra3142 said:

You've misunderstood me. If Lewis Hamilton had TC and ABS in his car then he would be faster. The same would be true if the game accurately reflected reality.

If he had TC and ABS he would be disqualified. If the game accurately reflected reality there will be not such an option..

All we are saying it’s to be some kind of penalty , performance wise, for the people that they are using assists.

6 minutes ago, GvMaxairas said:

All we are saying it’s to be some kind of penalty , performance wise, for the people that they are using assists.

I know. I was just proposing an alternative way of addressing the issue, which personally I'd prefer, in part as it would be more realistic. I'm not expecting it to happen of course!

• 1 month later...

Es sagt ja auch keiner, dass Anfänger keine Assistenten verwenden sollen, das solle sie natürlich, um spaß an dem Spiel zu haben.
Aber, wenn sehr gute Fahrer mit ABS fahren, obwohl sie auch sehr gut ohne fahren und weil sie dadurch noch mehr Zeit gewinnen, dann hat der Assistent sein Ziel verfehlt. 

• Agree 1
On 7/23/2021 at 12:36 AM, Ultra3142 said:

I know. I was just proposing an alternative way of addressing the issue, which personally I'd prefer, in part as it would be more realistic. I'm not expecting it to happen of course!

It is the same discussion like wheel vs Pad and TV cam vs Cockpit view.

It is more difficult to drive without assist yes it is easier to drive Tv-cam - it is easier with a Pad And without assist and so on and so on …. 
the main issue this year are bugs bugs bugs 🐜 

• Thanks 1
36 minutes ago, Shark2Racing said:

It is the same discussion like wheel vs Pad and TV cam vs Cockpit view.

It is more difficult to drive without assist yes it is easier to drive Tv-cam - it is easier with a Pad And without assist and so on and so on …. 

I don't think assists are the same as those other things personally, but either way this thread was specifically about assists. Not that I'd have anything against filters for cockpit view or not, or pad vs wheel