Jump to content Jump to content

curbs are underivable ALL of them

Good day

I understand the addition of curbs becoming slippery and so on, Certain corners however get taken in real life on the curbs eau rouge comes to mind then talking about this. Ive been doing my my team without flashback right up to Spa. Where I had to turn it on. 4/5 attempts at eau rouge whether I lift or dont lift end up in the barriers. I think the curbs on curtain corners like eau rouge should be nerfed. Another track coming to mind is Spain the club on the left hander going up the hill to the drs zone is so twitchy but I would say dont fix this one cs even though its tough being over aggressive on the power causes I spin instead of no matter what you spin liken eau rouge. The problem with eau rough is when looking at the AI they dont spin they take it flat if I lift they blast pass on the straight. It makes co-op a nightmare because me and my mate lasted 2 corners. Please consider fixing this it really sucks the fun out of the track its not that its challenging to take the corner its  almost impossible. 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

My copy finally arrived. All my setups from F1 2020 had to be changed, but in a way that makes sense to each component. After that I've been spinning only on curbs there are high or angled, when I go wide.

Without checking your setup at least there's no way to assess the situation, really.

I'm only on time trial yet but there's plenty of AI spinning out there.

Edited by marioho
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

My game still downloading so can only race Bahrain at min .Only done about half hour few full qualifying session and I'm already up to 98 ai so the car's are definitely not undrivable and I'm running expert handling. So think it more of a case of you just need to practice ..... Imo the handling feels best it ever been ....

Misread your title there apologies.. But yes kerbs are tricky but point still stands I've only ran Bahrain and that has few deadly ones but you just have to adapt recognize the ones you can go over and ones you definitely can't . It fun even spinning off the kerbs is fun as you know you messed up and were punished for it . 

• Agree 1
10 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Increase Ride height and they'll becomes much easier 🙂 

If only it were this simple. It seems to me to be harder for the sake of being harder this year, and as a result leas realistic in terms of how i see the drivers attack eau rouge and kerbs on tv

10 hours ago, Ferdi1702 said:

Good day

I understand the addition of curbs becoming slippery and so on, Certain corners however get taken in real life on the curbs eau rouge comes to mind then talking about this. Ive been doing my my team without flashback right up to Spa. Where I had to turn it on. 4/5 attempts at eau rouge whether I lift or dont lift end up in the barriers. I think the curbs on curtain corners like eau rouge should be nerfed. Another track coming to mind is Spain the club on the left hander going up the hill to the drs zone is so twitchy but I would say dont fix this one cs even though its tough being over aggressive on the power causes I spin instead of no matter what you spin liken eau rouge. The problem with eau rough is when looking at the AI they dont spin they take it flat if I lift they blast pass on the straight. It makes co-op a nightmare because me and my mate lasted 2 corners. Please consider fixing this it really sucks the fun out of the track its not that its challenging to take the corner its  almost impossible. 

Have you tried to at least change the surface type from Realistic to Simple? Although this may not be the issue I recommend you to do so.

• Agree 1
25 minutes ago, kalamazoo123 said:

If only it were this simple. It seems to me to be harder for the sake of being harder this year, and as a result leas realistic in terms of how i see the drivers attack eau rouge and kerbs on tv

Didn't race there yet but the couple clips I saw people were taking it flat out, no problem:

From TRL Limitless.

And from Alex Gillon.

It is not only a matter of ride height, though. Suspension is also key, closely followed by the sway bars. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, kalamazoo123 said:

Probably because the drivers adjusts their cars for each track.

so sick of spinning out every time i even look at a curb ya maybe they are not bad if u can find the perfect car setups but i suck at setups and not finding any that actually help online f1 2020 i used the stock setups with little issues this year cant even make it a lap without using rewinds this game is no longer for casuals this game is broken garbage

On 7/20/2021 at 1:42 PM, marioho said:

My copy finally arrived. All my setups from F1 2020 had to be changed, but in a way that makes sense to each component. After that I've been spinning only on curbs there are high or angled, when I go wide.

Without checking your setup at least there's no way to assess the situation, really.

I'm only on time trial yet but there's plenty of AI spinning out there.

Mazepin loses control of his car here and crash, that´s ok

I tend to agree with the OP.  I've been going through Braking Point.  In the first few races, there is no option to change the car's setup, and you cannot touch a kerb and the noisy pedal at the same time without spinning.  It's crazy.  Maybe it's the fact that we're in the "back marker" cars, but they should be a lot more stable that that.

If it's a matter of adjusting the ride height (and suspension, etc), then please give us the means to do that.

• Agree 1
11 hours ago, DrDraken said:

you cannot touch a kerb and the noisy pedal at the same time without spinning. 

So don't accelerate on a kerb? You know the answer you just don't want to do it, or?

• Disagree 1
2 hours ago, KNT2011 said:

So don't accelerate on a kerb? You know the answer you just don't want to do it, or?

Problem is that the AI do accelerate on kerbs and then pull half second on you in the traction zone. The rules which apply to real players don't seem to apply to the AI. 

The AI are overpowered in this year's game. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
7 hours ago, KNT2011 said:

So, I should release the throttle completely when touching a kerb?  Seems counter-intuitive to winning the race.  And not very realistic.

I appreciate work-arounds, and thanks for the suggestion, but as Bauer wrote, the AI can do it, and they get an obvious advantage for doing so.

@DrDraken not at all, mate. There's a wide gamut of positions between 0% and wide open throttle - WOT. Looking up onboard laps from the real deal drivers you'll most definitely notice how often they lift a bit or a great deal when driving sweeping sections and when putting a wheel on kerbs.

Case in point: 

Seriously, starting at 3:10 see how he modulates the throttle through corners 5-8 and deliberately lifts a bit when riding kerbs, even if only partially.

I know it was not your argument but it is ludicrous to try to ride kerbs with full-on throttle as a rule of thumb.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, marioho said:

I know it was not your argument but it is ludicrous to try to ride kerbs with full-on throttle as a rule of thumb.

I understand what you're saying, and to be honest, I wasn't totally serious about ZERO throttle.  I usually feather the throttle when riding kerbs, and maybe I need more practise (likely) but the number of times I spin is insane, and I've been racing without assists for a long time.  The kerbs just seem extra slick this year.

I know, mate. I had a tough time adapting too at first. What I did that did wonders to my enjoyment was watching a replay every freaking time I spun.

Kick in the replay/flashback mode, switch to any of the two outside cameras (2 or 3 presses of the right directional button) and play with the camera angles. Every time I spun and felt aggravated I did this just to see at least a single wheel hit the kurb, a paint strip or even the grass. The frustration quickly turns into a humble "damn I'm thick" when doing this.

If I ever come across a spin that turned out to be apparently undeserved when reviewing through the replay, be sure that I'll come here to complain too!

Edit: Should append that usually modulating the throttle, being smoother with the steering and/or changing the line to get a better mounting angle on the kerb is what resolves the issue.

Edited by marioho
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, marioho said:

I know, mate. I had a tough time adapting too at first. What I did that did wonders to my enjoyment was watching a replay every freaking time I spun.

Kick in the replay/flashback mode, switch to any of the two outside cameras (2 or 3 presses of the right directional button) and play with the camera angles. Every time I spun and felt aggravated I did this just to see at least a single wheel hit the kurb, a paint strip or even the grass. The frustration quickly turns into a humble "damn I'm thick" when doing this.

If I ever come across a spin that turned out to be apparently undeserved when reviewing through the replay, be sure that I'll come here to complain too!

Edit: Should append that usually modulating the throttle, being smoother with the steering and/or changing the line to get a better mounting angle on the kerb is what resolves the issue.

This is great advice. I race cockpit view, so I hadn't considered checking external camera angles to see the alignment of the car, position of tires, etc.  Thanks very much.

@DrDraken please report your impressions after doing this. I'm aware I may come across as a Codemasters shill sometimes but I'm being honest here, checking the replays this way actually did wonders to ease my frustration when I spun.

There has been no "free" Cinderella time in this game so far to me.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, marioho said:

@DrDraken please report your impressions after doing this. I'm aware I may come across as a Codemasters shill sometimes but I'm being honest here, checking the replays this way actually did wonders to ease my frustration when I spun.

I will indeed.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/25/2021 at 1:49 PM, marioho said:

Sorry for the extreme delay.  I got t-boned a few weeks ago and haven't been able to play until recently.  I did try the trick of going to an exterior camera and you're totally right.  The tires were over the white line by enough.  It's strange.  From the cockpit, I swear I'm all good, but as soon as I look from outside, it becomes clear that I'm not.  Thanks for the tip!

• Agree 1

Goddammit @DrDraken, you met an AI driver in real life?! Are you well? Got lucky with insurance?

Anyway glad it worked out for you. I'm driving in Hungary now and I'm having such a blast that even restarted the session to make it a 100% race length. 

the curbs are a joke. And whats worst about it is that it forces you to lighten up your setup so extremly, that all other aspects of driving do not make fun, nor make any sense. Breaking, Low and Midspeed grip... all of this gets taken away the moment you have to setup your car only for the unrealistic curbs.

• Disagree 1